Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Aug 2024 - 21:26

That's exactly what I thought till I watched these hunting horn videos.

Lance did look super boring.

Well those were the only new weapons I could think of and if you compare to a fighting game, you have Ken and Ryu so why not Axe & Great Sword.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 19 Aug 2024 - 22:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2024 - 11:08

Lance is never super flashy looking but it's the best for block/counter play where once you get into the rhythm of the weapon it's just fun to keep up consistent damage on the monster. Also tanking those big hits other weapons need to dodge or run away from entirely is fun.

This video I saw the other day on why nobody plays Lance explains it all pretty well.

masofdas wrote:
Well those were the only new weapons I could think of and if you compare to a fighting game, you have Jen and Ryu so why not Axe & Great Sword.

Funnily enough when Long Sword was first introduced it was an alternative to Great Sword before it evolved into what we have now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2024 - 21:16

Double post. Razz

I see they are still teasing us by not giving a release date but holy shit was that trailer amazing!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2024 - 21:33

Reckon that monster makes the armour and that in the charge blade video?

Edit
Also thought of another new weapon idea, what about whip/sword like Ivy from Soul Calibur, they could call it Viper
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 4:41

Yeah, I'm really starting to feel the excitement for this game now! I need a date so A) I can plan buying my PS5 and a big-ass TV, and B) so I can start posting clips from old episodes to TikTok to ramp up hype for Monster Mash coming back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 9:27

Yesterday we got this video https://www.youtube.com/live/__dNDhhJzQo?si=KCx8b23B6Shausii

Which has around a hour of gameplay, a monster we've not seen before and stuff I may have missed elsewhwe as you can have a whole party of followers. They explained how some people still only play SP (can you do hub quests in Rise by yourself?) but wanted to give them a MP experience. Know they added followers in Sunbreak, right? I should go back to that as I've not seen any of that or Iceborne is like £12 at the moment but feel Wilds quite close that I don't want to gorge myself on MonHan.

Also all weapons are armour can be used by everyone, must be male and female designs as we've seen in the weapon videos but now if I wanted the cloak armour my female character can.

Then seems you have a melee weapon and a ranged as he was swapping between Great Sword and Light Bowgun, or maybe you can just have more than one weapon at a time.

Going be more videos, they'll going to ask people there what weapons they should try etc. Also the bald bloke was playing with the guy with blue hair on his own channel which popped up on my YT suggestions, and  previews gone up from place's who've played at gamescom.

That there's a lot of content at the moment and more news/info might come from it. Feel the game has to be close maybe dated at TGS or in a whatever PlayStation doing around then to come out early 2025, which Capcom does like as have done with REmakes and Dragon's Dogma II (and this fiscal year).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 9:33

They already told us a while back that you can have two weapons, and a lot of people predicted it from the reveal trailer as the grip of a bowgun was visible in a bag in the Seikret.

There is stuff to let you use followers on quests in Sunbreak but you've always been able to do all hub stuff in singleplayer in MH games - the quests aren't always balanced for that though, so it can be a slog and you have to be pretty hardcore.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 9:39

Now it's more is it any two weapons so I can take long sword and hunting horn, or will it be long sword and bow as got to be ranged.

Yeah I should do those quests with some of the followers in Sunbreak (though might be too much MonHan). Also this whole party thing, they said for people play SP but even for you with timezone difference, of I want to do a hunt but only Jas is awake let's have two CPU's for a full party.

Edit

Actually see the game being dated at TGA as Wilds been closely linked to Geoffrey.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 14:32

masofdas wrote:

Reckon that monster makes the armour and that in the charge blade video?

Yep the Charge blade video was definitely the Lala Barina gear.

masofdas wrote:
Which has around a hour of gameplay, a monster we've not seen before

That was just Rey Dau, wasn't it? It was actually in the latest trailer and even teased in the previous one.

Quote :
Also all weapons are armour can be used by everyone, must be male and female designs as we've seen in the weapon videos but now if I wanted the cloak armour my female character can.

This was huge news, even since I started playing the series I've seen folk complain about the female armour difference so this is the absolute best outcome Capcom could have picked.  Thumbs Up!

Quote :
Also the bald bloke was playing with the guy with blue hair on his own channel which popped up on my YT suggestions

I think you may have confused the Capcom translator (Patrick) with Rurikhan, was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0zsTKWaKI

Buska wrote:
There is stuff to let you use followers on quests in Sunbreak but you've always been able to do all hub stuff in singleplayer in MH games - the quests aren't always balanced for that though, so it can be a slog and you have to be pretty hardcore.

I should point out just so mas isn't confused, they weren't balanced for solo play in the old games but from World forward they do scale depending on party size. Followers /NPC hunters are really just an evolution of when you had two palicos or chacha & Kayamba from MH3U, I still use them to get used a monster I might have trouble with or if I'm using a weapon type I'm not the best at.  

---

Also yep it's a combo of any two weapons you can bring, so you can double long sword it up if you want. Laughing It might initially sound goofy to do that but one could be a para weapon for example and once you get the paralysis you could swap to the other element weapon you have. Swapping only happens on the Seikret as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 14:41

Yeah, believe you're right, it was Rey Dau with that lightning.

I did get Patrick and Rurikhan mixed up, when watching properly not just thumbnails etc seen they're different guys.

The weapon swap whilst on Seikret and using a ranged weapon looks useful mind, from what I've seen. They did show MP today which the one chap went off to go fishing  Grin .

I also started playing NOW where my FC is 8336 4638 4132
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2024 - 14:59

Ahh fair enough that's easy to do with a thumbnail, I'm still catching up on today's stream which is mostly a retread info wise except for in a multiplayer hunt. If I had to guess it is Fujioka that goes off for the fish as when the quest started he was already in the settings changing some things around.

One thing I noticed in the menu was there's a hold or toggle option for going into focus mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2024 - 9:33

One for Luke on TGS at PlayStation

"Both Astro Bot and Monster Hunter Wilds will be playable at the show. While Astro Bot will already be available to the public by the time of the show on September 28 and 29, those in attendance who take part in the demo will be able to take home one of four t-shirts."

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2024 - 10:42

masofdas wrote:
I also started playing NOW where my FC is 8336 4638 4132

I've added you. My feelings about NOW remain mixed. It's the most fun of Niantic's games to actively play, but too involved for me to just naturally incorporate it into going for a walk the way I do Pokémon GO and especially Pikmin Bloom. It also pretty aggressively monetises a bunch of stuff that should be craftable or at the very least available with in-game funds.

It is possible to advance as a free-to-play player but the grind is real.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2024 - 12:35

I don't really go anywhere, like this week went Weston and Paignton that look like most English towns. That not nice walks like you (from see from you socials) and I don't really play anything on mobile.

I can see me doing a hunt whilst in work etc or stopped for a coffee.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptySat 24 Aug 2024 - 11:11

Yeah, you might actually be more likely to enjoy the game than I was - if you're just going to open it and play it at its own pace, there's fun to be had. I think I was annoyed because I couldn't progress as quickly as I would in a real Monster Hunter game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2024 - 17:04

Buskalilly wrote:
Yeah, I'm really starting to feel the excitement for this game now! I need a date so A) I can plan buying my PS5 and a big-ass TV, and B) so I can start posting clips from old episodes to TikTok to ramp up hype for Monster Mash coming back.

You might want to get on A soon, also happened to the Xboxes
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2024 - 4:55

Jesus, that's insane. They've gone up like 40% in price since launch.

Maybe I'll aim to get a second-hand one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4