Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)

Go down 
+13
EofGizmo
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Muss
Buskalilly
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 19:46

I get lost in Paris, but quite happy with the new ones. We're going to have 96 by the end of this, and if they're all from previous games, there is only a finite amount of top tier trackery. I'm just pleased Choco Mountain's back. Now where's Wario Stadium?

Balladeer wrote:
Basically I've gone from 'yep this is a great idea' to 'I wish we'd got MK9 instead' over the course of playing this bunch, which is a shame.
I don't think you'd get much better with a game labelled as Mario Kart 9.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 19:56

Most seem to think it Mario Kart X next, as Tour is listed as like a mainline game on Nintendo sites.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 20:37

Today's hot take: Choco Mountain and Wario Stadium were both garbage. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 1f62c
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 21:16

I've done one race on each of the new tracks with my girlfriend. Have to say, pleasantly surprised with the World Tour tracks. I just assumed those tracks wouldn't be up to par, biased against mobile gaming as I am, but they've all been really good!

I do miss the Miis of Coconut Mall (although I can understand them being replaced by Shy Guys), and I don't like that the cars don't reverse back and forth anymore. The track was definitely better on the Wii version, but to be fair, it was one of the standout tracks on the Wii. And let's not forget, that was an iteration of MK where the tracks were wide enough to be the subject of your mama "jokes." I'd still prefer for the cars to move, but it might be that the design team decided against it for difficulty reasons.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:25

Balladeer wrote:
I'm going to poop on everybody's fun.

What a visual you’ve imprinted into my brain there. Oaft.

~

I’m not that impressed with this first wave of DLC either, but not enough to type four paragraphs about it. A few of those eight tracks just weren’t very interesting in the first place, and I think the developer could have been a bit bolder with their efforts to modernise them. Still plays fantastically though - more Mario Kart will always be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 8:45

From what I've played I feel they've managed to make them all a bit more interesting than they used to be, this could just be because they've adapted it for the 8 mechanics but I can definitely agree that the tracks chosen could have been better. Case in point, I'll agree choco mountain was never a particularly good track but since being deluxified I can definitely enjoy it more than before.

I do feel the Tour tracks will be the standouts from all of the DLC due to the fact most of us won't have ever played them, it definitely shows so far with this first batch as the ones with the most going on (in a good way).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 13:56

Treesmurf wrote:
From what I've played I feel they've managed to make them all a bit more interesting than they used to be,
I mostly agree apart from the mall, which is definitely worse without Hitler reversing into me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 15:38

I saw quite a good take on this, which is that a lot of the classic tracks have had their hazards toned down. For example, there are fewer moles in the SNES tracks, no dust storms in Dry Dry Ruins, and no mice running about cheeseland.

The justification given is that the game is already chaotic enough now that we're at 12 players. In other words, there's a balance to be struck with retro tracks between their track hazards and the increased likelihood of you being punted off by an errant shell now that we're at 12 players. MK Wii definitely wasn't tuned right with its weapons, and maybe part of that is down to the tracks having a bit more bite to them in general.

Last edited by Muss on Mon 21 Mar 2022 - 17:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 16:01

It's fun to play Mario Kart innit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 18:09

Yup!

I think it's good solid set of tracks to start with, nothing really mind blowing but I think that will come deeper into the dlc waves.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 9:11

Daft question, but do any of these 'new' tracks incorporate the anti-gravity mechanics? Seeing as - as some online have pointed out - the promotional artwork features the anti-grav karts.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 12:40

There's a bit of a wall you can go up in Coconut Mall I think?
And there's hella gliding!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 20:43

I don't think there is - or nothing material. That's how it was worked out that these are pretty much straight Tour lifts, with no improvements for Deluxe other than base cosmetics.

While I see Muss' point, I'm not sure I buy it. There's surely room for more chaotic tracks as well? Or just a straightforward expanding of the roadway, tweaking it so that the final stretch didn't feel compromised in the way it did. With Cheese Land the course was so altered that, even though I did miss the mice, I didn't feel like it had been toned down: merely changed into something new.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I'm going to poop on everybody's fun.

What a visual you’ve imprinted into my brain there. Oaft.

Bringing a whole new meaning to Choco Mountain.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 11:16

Balladeer wrote:

While I see Muss' point, I'm not sure I buy it.  There's surely room for more chaotic tracks as well?  Or just a straightforward expanding of the roadway, tweaking it so that the final stretch didn't feel compromised in the way it did.

I think we were given the easier tracks with the first wave to be fair though, with Ninja Hideout probably representing a taste of the complexity that might be to come. I'm holding out hope that we get a glorious adaptation of the DS track, Waluigi Pinball.

And I would prefer for the cars to go back and forth, but MK Wii was definitely my least favourite MK game because of the way it was tuned (and those bloody overpowered bikes!) so I'm at ease if they decide that less is more.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 18:24

That is the problem with this sort of structure starting off with two bloody easy options, and why I would've rather seen Mushroom and Flower Cup analogues release first. That way there should be four half-decent courses to go alongside the four piss-easy ones.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 18:36

WHY DON'T YOU LIKE THINGS BALLA

Edit: You've given a well-reasoned critique as to why you don't like things. I just think it must be exhausting being the grumpiest monkey
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyFri 25 Mar 2022 - 18:39

I absorb negative energy. It makes me strong.

What's that? "How does this work when I'm the one outputting the negative energy"? Well, er, shhhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 16:40

Aside

I'm cruel

Ida play Macs Jay
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 18:25

Bah gawd, that's Drunkalilly's music!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptySat 26 Mar 2022 - 23:31

It's gonna be a slobber knocker!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2022 - 11:18

Wave two is out Thursday.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2022 - 23:24

WALUIGI PINBALL BAY BAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 3:20

wOOP wOOP! Mazza kart booooiiiiissss
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 11:42

Those are both the correct reactions. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 19:46

New course, woo! (Which is presumably a correct reaction.)
SNES course rehash with no extra effort, boo. (Which is presumably not.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)   Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Boo(Ster Course Pass) This Man)
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next