We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 19 Jul 2017 - 22:45

How much did you enjoy the bucket of Grackler heads personally, and what is the true objective score that you would bestow upon it, as arbiter of all good taste?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 8:08

Zero, as there was an incident involving hot thick grackler blood & my 3ds. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 9:16

Actually thought that was a sentence about me for a second there. Eh? Meh :idea: Lol!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 18:59

The_Jaster wrote:
...there was an incident involving hot thick grackler blood & my 3ds. Winky Face

TAGLINE ALERT TAGLINE ALERT TAGLINE ALERT
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 22:30

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments Of The Forgotten Past

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Latest?cb=20150316174706

The first and only Dragon Quest game for the PS1, and it shows. The dev team must have been rubbing their hands with glee at all the extra space that a CD could afford them: space to make that big, sprawling game they'd always wanted to create that would have been simply impossible on a cartridge. Welcome to some of the worst excesses of that era: a bloated mass of pointlessly long-winded game. Just after its release we talked about the fact that it's two hours before your first in-game battle, and over twenty hours before you can change classes. There's no need and although those are extreme examples, the same kind of thing permeates the whole game... including the thoroughly unlovable ending.

Story strands are quite loose, too, which I personally dislike. Having said all that, it does feature the classic DQ tropes and gameplay that I love so much - just, for the first time in my experience, wrapped in a package that makes it tough to really love.

14/20
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 20 Jul 2017 - 23:30

Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Image_1.img

This is a bloody good golf game all flaws considered. Released in 2015, it caught some lukewarm review scores thanks to it being a new engine and therefore missing a bunch of modes that were in the Tiger Woods games for years and years. I've never played the Tiger Woods games but have always enjoyed the Mario Golf series, and Rory McIlroy's PGA Tour is frustrating yet also a very good (and addictive) take on serious golf.

The game lets you choose different styles to play, so the Mario Golf method of "tap A to start the swing, tap A to say how far you want to hit it, and tap A to see how accurate you hit it" was my preferred choice. The presentation is top class (being an EA game, natch) and the graphics are a mix of good (the courses) to outright bizarre (there's tons of jankily animated wildlife on each course!). It lets you choose between playing a few holes each round (each tournament consists of four rounds) or playing the full 18 each round. This means one tournament can take a good 90 minutes to get through. The career mode is sadly flawed however, with the XP you earn hitting a limit and simply saying "Max XP". There's no incentive to keep playing once you win the Fedex Cup (equivalent of the Premier League) especially as the trophy for it doesn't unlock anyway! There are definitely some little bugs in the game - the animations when you sink a putt are so random for one. I've won a major tournament like The Open on the final hole and my golfer has simply smiled with the commentators nattering a load of bollocks about golf history. Putting can also be bloody hard.

Either way, I do recommend playing it as it's a good game of golf and has actually got me interested in the real thing. It's a shame that it's not seeing a follow-up but I guess the market for annual golf games isn't there like it used to be. It's one of EA's lesser series so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a golf game for a few years.

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 21 Jul 2017 - 16:42

Next time its going for a couple of quid again on PSN I'll probably snap it up. Not expecting miracles, but as you say it looks like there's a decent game under the hood. It's funny, I don't like golf all that much, but I do have an odd affinity for sports games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 21 Jul 2017 - 20:18

ZeroJones wrote:
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments Of The Forgotten Past

Ooft. Sounds like I made a good decision to bail when I did: I don't care much for the franchise trappings, I can only imagine I'd've continued to hate this.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptySat 29 Jul 2017 - 22:49

ZeroJones wrote:
I have beaten another video game and would like to describe how I found it to you all.

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Lead-In-620x350

I have recently completed the Adventure Mode of Puyo Puyo Tetris on Nintendo Switch. It was the first game I bought for that console. It has been an enjoyable experience, though not without some bumps in the road: I am noticeably better at Tetris than I am at Puyo Puyo, to say nothing of the Fusion Mode that combines the two gameplay styles. The story is nothing to write home about, so I won't. Overall, as a combination of arguably the two most famous block dropping puzzle games out there, it's an easy recommendation from myself.

Seventeen out of Twenty

I also finished PPT today. Basically: what Zero said. Tetris is still super-ace (and I genuinely think I've got better at it); Puyo Puyo's also really good (I'm alright at it now, although I really know how to do only one thing); Fusion is a f***ing abomination which goes against everything you've learned for the last 30 years; story is guff; purchasing the star-shaped Tetris block sprites was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 0:43

How long is the story? I'm on World 4-2 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 7:49

The last story level is 7-10. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Jul 2017 - 22:51

That is true.

BUT

I logged back in to examine the World 4 scenario as discussed via Twitter, and the game said "hey, now you can do 8 9 and 10!"

Uh, thanks?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:42

That be what the DLC is the western version had packed in and why the Japanese Swithc version has + at the end.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 21:51

Ever Oasis

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 H2x1_3DS_EverOasis_image1280w

A proper game of two halves, this. The first part feels sluggish and directionless but the game peters in really very well indeed. I'm going to do a review on Le Gintendeaux, so more detail to come there. In the meantime...

16/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 22:23

I crossed fingers in another thread, but it seems like they may now be uncrossed! Glad to see you enjoyed it Zero, and that it only got better. I would have Gintendoed it if you hadn't!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 2 Aug 2017 - 21:16

Kirby's Blowout Blast

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 H2x1_3DSDS_KirbysBlowoutBlast

Well, that was a pleasant sixty two minutes! I know Kirby games are supposed to be easy but this is ridiculous! The game itself is nice enough, with plenty of nostalgia for fans of the pink puffball. Reduced to just spitting enemies out, you have to ensure Kirby is properly placed to take out as many opponents as possible to rack up them points. Points mean unlockable tougher levels... not that I've seen one yet, mind you. Embarrassed I'll get my £6.29 worth eventually, you mark my words (as the student said to the English teacher).

12/20
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 22:56

ZeroJones wrote:
you mark my words (as the student said to the English teacher).
Matthew Castle Matthew Castle Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Aug 2017 - 23:31

Looks like you've won Noughts And Castles there, Jim. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 4 Aug 2017 - 18:55

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 H2x1_NSwitch_PuyoPuyoTetris

Plot 6, It does have a story mode which is what I'm saying I've finished and it just okay but introduces you to all the modes

Gameplay 8, Tetris is good and Puyo Puyo is good like they've always been it's when they mix is the issue

Sounds 7, Tetris theme along with tunes that suit the game and it's overall aesthetic

Lifespan 8, I've played for over 15hrs according to my Switch and I could go back to 3 star stuff and things in arcade

Graphics 7, Bright and colourful but only so much you can do with Tetris and Puyo Puyo
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:58

ZeroJones wrote:
Kirby's Blowout Blast

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 H2x1_3DSDS_KirbysBlowoutBlast

Well, that was a pleasant sixty two minutes! I know Kirby games are supposed to be easy but this is ridiculous! The game itself is nice enough, with plenty of nostalgia for fans of the pink puffball. Reduced to just spitting enemies out, you have to ensure Kirby is properly placed to take out as many opponents as possible to rack up them points. Points mean unlockable tougher levels... not that I've seen one yet, mind you. Embarrassed I'll get my £6.29 worth eventually, you mark my words (as the student said to the English teacher).

12/20

Wasn't this also a mode in Planet Robobot? I feel like I've played this. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyWed 9 Aug 2017 - 17:55

Yes! And hasn't that happened with both Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobobobobot, too? Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyThu 10 Aug 2017 - 17:44

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 3050479-trailer_pyre_reveal_20160419

Pyre a game which IGN gave a 9.7 along with loads of others giving it high scores along with talk of it being maybe a Game of the Year contender and making WhatCultures Top 10 indies of the decade so far.

I posted in the what game I'm playing on a PlayStation, which I don't do often but I wanted to talk about this game for a good few hours in even I thought yes this might be my GOTY and topple Persona 5 then I got halfway and my thoughts on the game changed.

Before I go into as it will be spoiler territory, let's get some positives out the way:
Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 366317-Pyre-video_games-Supergiant_Games
The game is gorgeous (I played in native 4K 60fps for disclosure) which you all would gather with the title being from Supergiant Games the minds behind Bastion and Transistor.

The other Supergiant staple is also present an amazing soundtrack which I will come back to later in the Nontendo Music thread.

On how the game plays it sort of like Oregon Trail or a Visual Novel set where you have been banished in fantasy land where you get a squad of people covering all the races in the game at some point, whilst doing this you will take part in Rites (not yourself but squad members as your the reader) which are sort of like 3 on 3 netball and doing these move the story forward to being unbanished.

That's up to the halfway point and I would have given Pyre second best game of the year and something like a 9/10 maybe higher as the writing is phenomenal, I liked both the Visual Novel and Rites (I know some only like the Visual Novel part and others only the Rites) along with it looking and sounding great.

After the halfway point:

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 10:31

I remember hearing about Pyre on a podcast. My immediate thought was that it sounds like a Muss game - big into Bloodbowl, he was - but seeing how pretty it is actually makes me intrigued myself.

As for the last game I completed:

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Level_10

That's ARMS' singleplayer beaten all the way up to level 7 (with Min Min). I might be interested in getting level 4 with a few of the others, but I'm mostly satisfied to say I've "completed" the game. Now it's all about the multiplayer!

I've spoken about the game at length, so the only interesting observation is this: I breezed the game at level 7, whereas when it launched I was struggling through every single match at levels 3 and 4. I think I truly did git gud . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 14:06

I think Muss will love it and even you would be intrigued by it Drunka.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 14:35

I really need to get back into playing ARMS again as there's still so much I haven't done in that game like play Ranked, probably best to do a few GP's again before doing that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0   Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Thoughts V3.0
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next