Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I StreetPassed

Go down 
+19
Rum
Jimbob
masofdas
SquidgyGoat
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
Kieron
jennytablina
Axis1500
awesomedude
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Admin
beemoh
ZeroJones
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 8 Aug 2013 - 20:14

So. I thought I'd experiment to see if Streetpass Relay worked with my 2 3DS consoles - a Zelda 3DS and a Black 3DS (my original 3DS which I've loaned to an ultra-casual gamer in my household who only uses it to play Puzzle Bobble.)

Two days ago, I took my Zelda 3DS out with me and visited the 3 Nintendo Zones in my area. Meanwhile, I left my other Black 3DS at home and turned the wireless off.

Tonight, I took my Black 3DS out with me, waited until I was out of range from my Zelda 3DS and turned wireless back on, re-visiting the first of the 3 Zones. If I got a streetpass from my other 3DS, I'd know the Relay worked.

A green light appeared! SUCCESS!! However, I didn't Streetpass myself - I Streetpassed someone called "Bongo"

I never expected this! I've had the 3DS since launch, and I've never streetpassed anyone in my hometown. I was shocked! I was also slightly annoyed as the Zelda 3DS is my main 3DS and the one with all the games on. GAAAAH!!!!! But at least he had a pink puzzle piece!

Not wanting to miss out at the other 2 locations, I returned home and swapped 3DS consoles. As I did so, they passed themselves. I completed the games and got a new hat.

Intrigued, I visted the 1st location yet again only to receive another streetpass. This was from myself, yesterday - which, according to Nintendo isn't meant to be possible. But it did happen!!! It was my Mii before the new hat, wearing a different outfit - as I was 2 days ago. (In other words, it seems to think you're a different person if you buy a new hat.)

How I got Bongo the first time, I just don't know - unless he just happened to pass by just then, but the chances of that must be astronomical considering how I always take my 3DS out with me all the time and have NEVER got a single hit in my town that wasn't myself in 2 years.

Then, I headed off to the other locations. Nothing there. Oh well, can't win them all.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 9 Aug 2013 - 0:26

The idea behind it is you StreetPass the last person to go by that hotspot and then the next person StreetPasses and so on, it's like a chain so you'll likely find a lot of people you didn't before, say you leave the house at 8 everyday then you'll pass someone who leaves the house everyday at 7 when you would have missed them before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Aug 2013 - 8:49

Yesterday I got

• Joseph, whose most recent game was System Settings;
  • Joo, who had been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf;
  • JDSTP, who had been playing Project X Zone; and
  • Bowser, who had been playing Mario & Sonic - London 2012 Virtual Card Album (committed!).

I put most of these down to StreetPass Relay too. It seems like a grand idea, to be honest!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 14:20

You know that whale that everyone hates at work.. That Sad
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013 - 13:49

Got 9 streetpasses when I stayed in London. Some were received overnight in my hotel room?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 1:24

Reminds me of the time I was up for work at about 5 o'clock and got a StreetPass in my room which is right at the back of the house as well, turns out it was my neighbour also getting up for work, was a little freaky at the time though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Aug 2013 - 11:37

I've a feeling I've told this story before but I used to leave my 3DS on Sleep Mode in the front room. I used to get hits at very odd times, like 2am and 4am. Then when I attended the first StreetPass Manchester gathering I found out who it was: a 3DS-owning couple who lived at the end of my street! We'd travelled forty-odd miles to Manchester to do something a 2-minute walk from home could have managed. Shocked

Back on-topic:
  • chef (England), Animal Crossing: New Leaf;
  • Julie (England), Animal Crossing: New Leaf;
  • Glyn (England), Fire Emblem: Awakening;
  • Squeaky (England), Nintendo Letter Box;
  • Joshua (England), Sonic Generations;
  • Matt (England), Mii Maker; and
  • Chris (England), Nintendo Letter Box.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Aug 2013 - 19:24

Three girls, wearing pink outfits.

Amazingly, these finally allowed me to beat Level 2-2 in Streetpass Squad. (I'd been stuck on that for ages.)
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 1:25

Bongo outside my local Argos.

He enabled me to complete Streetpass Battle for the first time
Still got to go through it again to get half the tickets.

This time, I have to get a 1 million strong army. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 13:35

AmetDj. United Kingdom. Last played: OUENDAAAAAAAAAN
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 17:33

I've had about ten StreetPass hits today. This new relay system is fantastic! I say about ten, because both of the 3DSes I was carrying occasionally picked up different Miis, which leads me to believe that about a third of my total hits were from relay stations. Not bad going for me, though, even excluding relay hits!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 14:45

Just a heads up. It seems that the Argos Streetpass relays have stopped working automatically, and you now have to register your phone with O2 wifi in order to get that green light.

This, of course, dramatically reduces the likelihood of getting a Streetpass outside Argos, as you have to be pretty committed in order to sign up.

Compare: Walking past Argos with a 3DS, getting a green light.
To: Walking past Argos with a 3DS, registering your phone with O2 Wifi, waiting for a validation code, getting a green light.

This annoys me as I was getting quite a few hits there.

And of course, when I finally got that green light, it was myself from a few weeks ago. (SP Battle Army size was 300k, compared to the 1m it is now.)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 1:22

I haven't noticed if that system of StreetPass has been working for me or not but judging from no real change in how frequent they are then probably not.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 8:07

The StreetPass Relay thing has worked well-ish for me. I've pinpointed two spots locally, which I try and visit when I can - if you can find them, they should guarantee hits once a day.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 22:38

I've realised that Streetpass Relay, unlike "real" Streetpasses, only works when you keep your system shut.

Oh, and good news! From tomorrow, Streetpass Relay in Europe has been expanded to the last 6 people to visit each point.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/streetpass_relay_point_improvements_and_free_spotpass_content_announced
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 17:45

StreetPassed a very hearty seventeen people over the course of today at Uni. That's a new record for me.

Still didn't complete any more puzzles, but I'm two pieces away on the NSMB 2, Mario Tennis Open and Kirby 20th Anniversary panels.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 7:04

I streetpassed my housemate for the 8th time and done girl who believed she could fly, she believed she could touch the sky
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 19:12

I've completed all the regular pieces in my puzzles (still have loads of pinks to get)

I'm going to enjoy the few days of not wasting my play coins on new puzzle pieces before the inevitable Z:ALBW and 3DW puzzles hit. Razz
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 19:24

I StreetPassed someone the other day who had all the pink pieces for Pokémon X & Y- it was the second time as well, suggesting that I could be on for finishing that sooner than I expected.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Nov 2013 - 20:03

Thanks to the new improved StreetPass Relay dudar (three Mii Plaza hits per station), I got ten people yesterday.

1) Luigi from England (Animal Crossing: New Leaf).
2) Marty from England (Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy).
3) Sam from England (Pokémon Y).
4) Vyxi from England (Pokémon X).
5) *JVM* from England (Pokémon Y).
6) Smee from England (Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy).
7) Happy Vlad from England (Pokémon Y).
Eight) Angela from England (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate).
9) Craig from England (Pokémon Y).
10) Ben Leo from England (Pokémon Y).

I'm five pieces away from completing the (current) set; three on Skyward Sword and two on X/Y... and I have all the pinks! Dance
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Nov 2013 - 13:47

6 streetpasses from Argos today. Amazing. Incredible.

Maybe I'm just terrible, but I'm avoiding SP Squad now. I find it way too time consuming, get killed too easily and the lack of checkpoints is infuriating. (If the Boss kills you, you should not have to go back into the entire level again.)
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Dec 2013 - 1:10

So. My streetpass message is "Twitter:Axis1500".
Today, for the first time ever, a streetpasee contacted me. The weird thing is he Streetpassed me in Bath, which is some 200 miles from where I was. Not complaining though, just curious how it works. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2014 - 15:39

Don't think I can justify making a new thread for this, but I'm having difficulty getting one of my 3DSes to Streetpass with the others. The 3DS in question was absolutely fine until I knocked it the other day, the knock dislodged the battery, shut the console off and reset the time/date etc. I've checked all the settings for Streetpass since then and everything that needs to be on is on, but it still won't Streetpass with my other consoles. Anyone have any idea what's gone wrong, or what I can do to fix this problem?
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 21:11

Another Streetpassee contacted me on Twitter today.
They streetpassed me in Cheltenham.
Again, I've never been to Cheltenham.
What is going on?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Jan 2014 - 21:12

Axis1500 wrote:
Another Streetpassee contacted me on Twitter today.
They streetpassed me in Cheltenham.
Again, I've never been to Cheltenham.
What is going on?

Are you sure they're "In" Cheltenham and not just "From" there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I StreetPassed   Yesterday I StreetPassed - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I StreetPassed
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next