Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts

Go down 
+11
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Kriken
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 29 Nov 2020 - 20:55

Good someone else finally played RIME as I really enjoyed it and had on my Switch Top 10 for awhile, which I feel you all going ugh
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 29 Nov 2020 - 21:15

RIME is a game I've wanted to try for ages and it's even been on my PS4 since whenever it was that it was a monthly free game.

Maybe when our TV comes back tomorrow I'll go through it with my girlfriend over a couple of weekends.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyMon 30 Nov 2020 - 20:04

I've bought RiME for the PS4, time to finish it off  Thumbs Up!

~

Shaved a couple of games off my Switch Backlog of Guilt. They’re two Atooi games that I picked up for under a pound each. Don’t pay any more for them that I did.

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_TotesTheGoat

Totes The Goat is basically Q*Bert with Crossy Roads’ graphics. Actually, it basically lifts Q*Bert’s gameplay and Crossy Roads’ graphics without adding anything new by itself. It’s just as well as that Q*Bert’s formula still holds up today. With a nice jaunty soundtrack, some clever-ish level design and reliable controls, Totes The Goat is a perfectly agreeable slice of eShop pie. It’s absolutely fine, 6/10.

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_SoccerSlammers

Soccer Slammers gives off a great first impression, with frantic gameplay and a really solid and chunky ‘feel’. But that positive feeling wore off for me far too quickly and in the end, I felt that this really didn’t have any more substance than a football minigame you’d find in a Super Monkey Ball. Beyond jogging around, tackling and charging up your shot, there’s nothing going on with the gameplay here. So, that core gameplay loop gets boring fast. While Soccer Slammers is obviously built for multiplayer I don’t think there’s enough here for it to be anything other than an occasional ten minute distraction at best. 4/10.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyTue 1 Dec 2020 - 2:56

A simple, ten minute distraction of a footy game sounds ideal to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2020 - 19:31

You'd probably get bored well before those ten minutes are up to be honest.

~

More Switch Backlog of Guilt clearances. 

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_WhipseeyAndTheLostAtlas_image1600w

When you’ve got an art style and a lead character looking like that, you can’t help but compare Whipseey and the Lost Atlas to Kirby’s Adventure. Essentially, Whipseey really is just a tribute to Kirby, just with a whip ability instead of suction, a propeller instead of floating, and with a higher difficulty level. That sounds promising, but the execution lets it down. The controls are dodgy, and the level design and enemy placement works against you all the time. They don’t only add tons of frustration but they artificially boost the game's length in the cheapest kind of way. Needs probably must though, as without those Game Overs, this is a thirty minute game at most. 4/10.

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_SpotTheDifference_image1280w

Spot The Difference: Ultimate Edition is so obscure that it doesn’t even appear on my Play Activity log. I’ve never played another Switch game that doesn’t do that. Anyway, you’d maybe know this from those games machines you find in pubs. In every practical sense, this is a straight port of the Spot The Difference game you find on a certain make of those machines, with the same menus, music and touch controls. I guess what makes it the Ultimate Edition is that it doesn’t cost 50p a go. There’s nothing else to add about the game itself, it’s exactly what you’d expect Spot The Difference on Switch to be like. 5/10.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 10:01

I see why you call it the Backlog of Guilt, Cappa. Never expected to see a pub quiz machine game on here, although I'm more familiar with the actual quiz one than the spot the difference one. Is there trophies or any incentive to play it, now that the chance of cold hard cash isn't there?

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Header

I just completed Life is Strange: Before the Storm, a prequel of sorts to Life is Strange. The original is one of my favourite games I've ever played, and while Before the Storm doesn't ever reach the heights of the first game, it's a worthwhile extension to the Arcadia Bay experience. I'll keep this spoiler-free, but I went in expecting more background information on key characters from the original, but it focuses on Chloe and Rachel Amber's relationship. Chloe is less cringe-worthy of a character when she speaks now and I enjoyed playing as her - the developers really handled the theme of loss and family well. Reading the texts Chloe sends to Max (the protagonist from the original) you start to empathise more with Chloe. She's lost her dad and Max just ignores her! This is raised in the original but it does make Max look really bad, looking back at it.

The gameplay is purely conversation driven with a bit of detective work thrown in, so it lacks the invention of the original's "time-reverse" mechanic. I can see why they didn't call this Life is Strange 2, or Life is Strange 0. It's also three episodes rather than five, but that's fine (I only spent £3 on it). The main issue with the game I find is that it's a bit ridiculous. The story doesn''t play out over weeks but a whole bunch of stuff happens in the space of two or three days that just felt a bit too much. It was like if Shenmue put all the cinematic bits in the same weekend, rather than extended over the course of a month.

There's plenty to enjoy here however, and I would say it's a must-play if you enjoyed the first title. There are lots of nice nods to the original, as you are effectively playing the year before Max arrives, but it oddly spent time with Drew and Elliott instead of Victoria and Nathan (who I'm more interested in). I'm not sure what to make of Rachel Amber either, she's manipulative and I think she takes advantage of Chloe.
Spoiler:

I'm being harsh, because the original is so damn good. But it's well worth a play.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 10:12

I think that's a pretty fair response, Before the Storm is an unnecessary tale, but ultimately a decent one, though it also makes some poor choices. It weirdly reminds me of Tell Me Why in that regard, despite the fact this wasn't made by Dont Nod and that one was.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 16:53

I said the same about Max after playing LiS: BtS and to keep on the DONTNOD theme

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 TwinMirror_Keyart_04_16x9-2060x1159

Twin Mirror come out on Tuesday with not a lot of fanfare as seen no one talk about it and reviews didn't go up till mid-afternoon as people like myself would have finished it as it's not a long game maybe 5hrs at a push.  I did go back to select some other choices and other endings for achievements.

As like other DONTNOD games this is just one game not episodic, I think it could have been and how it worked with Tell Me Why being weekly on Game Pass was neat, instead of this was just the £25 up front here's the whole thing.

Like the other adventure games from DONTNOD the main character Sam has abilities which in his case is his imaginary friend and the mind palace where you can see how things will play out, which help on your adventure.

I liked it and you're likely by now going to know if you like these sorts of games or not yourselves by now, just Twin Mirror I would say it's the worst of the DONTNOD adventure games unless we got Captain Spirit and that might be harsh on Captain Spirit.  

Maybe wait for a sale if you do want more of these games but not sure £25 for 6.5/10ish game is worth it.

Edit

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Maxresdefault

Finished the career mode last night which told via podcasts whilst in the menu, so in that regard it's rather simple pick a race in a menu do so many to unlock more races and so on. Just it is a really fun racer with a few types of race modes, cars etc and looks good even on my One X and will be going back to see what it looks like on the Series X thanks to Smart Delivery.

The create a park like mode is neat as well, not played much online if you do like racing online. Overall it's a great racer just with titles like Forza Horizon 4 it does seem to lack content and maybe why I've seen for £35 or less already.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 16:25

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitch_HyruleWarriorsAgeOfCalamity_enGB_image1600w

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity marks the first time I’ve ever finished a Musou game, and it was a fresh and exciting experience for me. Honestly, integrating Breath of the Wild’s highly imaginative world, characters, plotline and runes into a bread and butter Dynasty Warriors game works much better than I thought it was going to. It was definitely Breath of the Wild’s elements that kept me so engaged over the twenty-ish hours I’ve spent on Age of Calamity so far. That said, underneath all that is an interesting hack n’ slash with just enough strategy and variety to keep it from going stale.

Looking at other people’s thoughts elsewhere, I see that many have criticised Age of Calamity’s docked and handheld performance. That’s understandable, it’s got a handful of technical issues. Oftentimes, the game chugs along when the screen is busy (which it usually is). Still, it never became unplayable for me, and I think you’ve got to give equal consideration to the fact that Age of Calamity is a graphical beast that’s running on a system that’s not much more powerful than 2012’s Wii U. It was an issue that I found easy to forgive. 

If there’s any real drawback, then it’s probably just the usual ones that all the Warriors games seem to have. Despite the concerted effort to give us a bit of diversity with all the different Zelda characters, landscapes and techniques, it remains relatively straightforward. For the most part, things don’t really evolve beyond hammering X and Y to capture some outposts and then running from, erm, X and Y to go to your next battle. The optional side-missions don’t do anything other than add a time limit or ask you to hack down however many hundred monsters. 

Giving your party military training, upgrading their weapons and cooking their meals for stat boosts feels like an intriguing aspect of the game, but they don’t alter how it plays and feel a bit underdeveloped as a result. I hate for this to understate the spectacle and grandeur of it all, as Age of Calamity a genuinely impressive game. Yet this atypical Warriors gameplay didn’t make it something that suited me for longer play sessions. I ended up doing a mission a night at most, as otherwise I’d have scunnered myself with doing the same thing over and over. On a similar accord, I don’t think I’ll play another Warriors game for a very long time.

I don’t think I’m saying anything new with those points, but they’re worth acknowledging. Yet despite it’s simple core and limitations, Age of Calamity is still a quality game. Ask Santa for this, 8/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 11:01

I finished Bright Memory again but on Xbox Series X which makes it the first Series X game I've finished. Not much has changed since last time, I don't get why it's a Series XS only game though as it doesn't look much better than it did on my laptop and loading times aren't super quick.

Also, Autumn's Journey as it's 5mins for 1000g anyway I have a proper one

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Call-of-the-sea-xbox-series-x

Call of the Sea come out on Tuesday is in Game Pass and uses smart delivery meaning I was playing the Series X version which I gather load times is the big thing as it took about 8secs when loading in from chapter to chapter.  

The art style when I first saw it reminded me of Firewatch and it does have a connection as Cissy Jones is the lead in CotS and does an excellent job. The game also plays in the same sort of mould as Firewatch as you never see any other character but do get dialogue from others if you pick up something, there's no combat, it's simply go from chapter to chapter walking very slowly and solve a puzzle in that chapter to learn more what's happening to you and around you.

The puzzles can be a headscratcher and really what took me the 6hrs or so to finish as I loaded up a chapter again for some achievements and did it in minutes the second time as I knew what to do.

I liked it for the most part but the ending to the story and guess where the Lovecraft influence came from is muh and lets it down from being a game pushing my Top 5 of 2020 to one maybe getting in the Top 10.

It is at the moment only on Xbox (you could play via the cloud) and I guess PC but is a timed exclusive, that keep on your radar when it does arrive on PlayStation and couldn't see why not Switch as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 21:45

New Super Lucky's Tale

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.gadgets360cdn.com%2Flarge%2Fsuper-luckys-tale_1510042180510

Balladeer wrote:
New Super Lucky's Tale...  While it's a nice cheery game and there's definitely a place for that, it feels like it pushes the boundary from 'cheery' into 'twee', what with the constant 'you're my best buddy!' messages on the (long given the size of the levels) loading screens and the Saturday morning cartoon plot and the slightly too-much happiness of Lucky himself.  The 'hurble wurble durble' bumpkinning of the second world's worms is another faintly grating touch.

That aside it's inoffensive so far (just started world two).  Levels contain a decent mix of exploration and platforming, there's good variety in levels and objectives with few proving irritating, and while it's obviously meant not to be the hardest game in the world and there's no threat of a game over ever, it's still got a decent amount of challenge.  The aesthetics are good too, lots of colour and cheer without standing out in any way.  The loading times, unskippable opening cut-scenes, and inexplicable lack of a restart option on the pause screen making going back to try again much more of a pain that it should be, especially on the instant runner level(s?) where it's easy to miss objectives.  That, besides the game occasionally turning my stomach, is my only real complaint at this point.

It feels like it's going to be a low-to-mid 7/10 game.  An instant runner level per world could push that down a bit.

I was almost right.  The tweeness got a bit harder to stomach as I progressed (those bloody worms Hissy fit ), the game didn't exactly push the envelope anywhere, and by the end I just wanted it over.  What really knocks a mark off the final score was the puzzle sub-levels: it's really easy to knock the wrong statue by mistake, and the loading's as egregious as everywhere else.  Still, only completionists need bother with those.  Everyone else can enjoy, for the most part, a very... pleasant platformer.

6/10
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySat 12 Dec 2020 - 17:57

It's mediocre platformer double bill time for Balladeer!

Unravel 2

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.gamespot.com%2Fuploads%2Foriginal%2F1406%2F14063904%2F3404065-unraveltwo-10

Imagine EA tried to make an indie game.  Congratulations!  You've just imagined Unravel 2.  

Is it a 2D puzzle-platformer?  Well of course it is, it'd either be that or a roguelike.
Does it have a vaguely melancholy or sad feel, but without ever getting too dark because focus testing?  Sure does.  
Is there a plot with just enough ambiguity to it?  You betcha!  We didn't know what was going on the entire time.
Are the characters vaguely floaty and faintly annoying to control?  They are indeed.
Is it theoretical beautiful?  Yes it is.  Is this beauty only theoretical?  Yes!  There's no art design as such, just reasonable realism considering it's on Switch, and some nice lighting.  What's more, that beauty gets in the way of the actual gaming, with platforms blending into the background and the lighting obscuring where you're actually meant to go.  All this extends to the music, nice when I listened to it and yet entirely unmemorable moments after.

None of the above isn't to say that there weren't moments of fun in Unravel 2, from the puzzle-solving or the platforming, especially in co-op.  There's even the odd moment of genuine heart.  It's just largely throttled under the 'by committee'-ness of the rest of it - with yarn, presumably.  That, to my mind, only improves the metaphor.

Apparently Unravel 2 isn't made by EA but by Coldwood Interactive, just published by the giant.  This surprised me, because Unravel 2 felt throughout like the triple-A space trying to do an indie game, and a great example of why they shouldn't do that. However, there was one section towards the end where it felt like the developers were making the game they actually wanted to make - a fast-paced momentum-focussed platformer with lots of swinging, that was much more fun to play in single-player. Maybe that's what Coldwood wanted. Maybe the co-op that defined the game was EA's heavy hand, descending from the heavens to crush the life out of the game.

4/10
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 8:01

I'll still get round to New Super Lucky's Tale someday, 6/10 or not it still sounds exactly like my type of platformer. You've done well to unintentionally sum up my reservations about trying out either Unravel game - it's always seemed like an odd fit between what they're trying to do but what EA actually is, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 10:20

It absolutely does, how it seems to you is how it actually was for me!

NSLT is definitely worth a crack if you're a fan of 3D platformers on the Switch, albeit probably at sales prices. Just have a bucket handy for when the loading screens are so saccharine they make you want to hurl.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 11:03

EA have done a few of these originals now Fe, A Way Out, Unravel's, and Sea of Solitude which I see is coming to Switch but Quantic Dream are publishing this time not EA.

I get why studios have worked with EA as the deal is like EA don't get any money till you've made all costs back and that sort of thing. I do wonder going forward indies and even some 3rd party games will get tied to deals because of costs and a EA, Epic, MS, Sony can all offer financial security, but we see more timed exclusives or what not.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 13 Dec 2020 - 16:29

I was fine with the goofiness and Republican worms in NSLT myself! Maybe this was the year that I just needed some light-hearted tweeness. But loading was a little painful.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyMon 14 Dec 2020 - 22:28

Chipping away at more of my Switch Backlog of Guilt, this time a duo of ACA NEOGEO games. They've got all sorts of new bells and whistles so I'll leave them out the retro thread I guess.

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_AcaNeogeoAeroFighters2_image1600w

Aero Fighters 2 is a straightforward vertical-scrolling shooter that’s solidly made. While it lacks anything original by 1994 standards - except for featuring Spanky, the world’s first dolphin pilot - the simple controls, fluid movement, powerful weapons and massive bosses make it good fun to play. I can see why folk like it in that sense, and why it sometimes winds up high up on ‘Greatest NeoGeo Games’ lists. Mind you, there’s only ten proper stages that are all pretty short. Personally, I don’t think it’s quite exciting enough for it to be my first recommendation for a game in this genre, but I’ve definitely played worse. 7/10.

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_AcaNeogeoAeroFighters3_image1600w

The following year’s Aero Fighters 3 is the same sort of thing, and similarly conventional as far as vertical-scrolling shmups go. It’s pretty lacklustre as far as sequels go though. The levels are shorter, there’s fewer of them, and the difficulty goes up and down like a yoyo (or, if you prefer, “a whore’s drawers”). Maybe that’s all counterbalanced by having more characters and weapons but, meh, I’d rather have a game that’s longer than twenty minutes. Aero Fighters 3 is nothing groundbreaking as a whole, and although you shouldn’t turn your nose up at a good, solid vertical-scrolling shooter, the prequel is patently a better game. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyWed 23 Dec 2020 - 9:50

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Maxresdefault

Picked up Past a few days ago after seeing some reviews for it after a brief trailer.

It's a fine emotional driven point and click adventure which takes about an hour to finish, the puzzles aren't click on goat hard but some clever ones in it, with them based around music.

That is one of the strengths the score and the art-style is nice. Did remind me a tad of Florence which is the better game.

I might get one of two more games in this year especially with three days off coming up soon, meaning no end of year give every game a score out of 10 I've finished (some I haven't) along with some thoughts just yet.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 13:55

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 0g0jsv10

I know a lot of you have played this before, but I'll put it behind a spoiler tag anyway (I think I remember gjones saying he might go back to it one day).

My thoughts, with spoilers if you haven't played it:

I also played through the new epilogue...

Future Connected

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Xenobl10

I won't give away any major spoilers here so won't put it behind a tag.

Basically, Melia and Shulk have piloted the Junks up to the Bionis Shoulder, a bit which was cut from the original development of the game, and which is now floating above the rest of the world. Shulk suggests going up there because he reckons that's where they'll find Alcamoth, the city of High Entia from the main game. The Junks is hit by a random energy beam and they crash land, discovering a couple of Nopon that stowed away on the craft. They are Nene and Kino, two of Riki's children. You play as the four of them trying to discover the secret of, and protecting people from, mysterious beasts that have been appearing across the region. Nene and Kino play identically to Reyn and Sharla respectively, and Melia and Shulk have the same movesets as the main game (but they aren't carried over - you start at level 60 and have to level moves up again).

The focus of it is on Melia and the High Entia, I suppose because a lot happens involving her in the main game that isn't really expanded on - Melia's just left having had a bit of a shitty time of it. I appreciated that they wanted to do a bit more with her, but as far as epilogues go, it's not really anything more than "pretty good" and/or "more of the same". It's a decent story, but not great compared to the story of the main game, and it isn't really wrapped up in an especially satisfying way.

They've streamlined some things, which works for some things but makes other things worse. There's no affinity chart or achievements, for example, both huge reasons why I bothered doing loads of sidequests in the main game. However, when you mine for crystals, you mine gems straight away that you can put on your gear, rather than having to craft them using the furnace, which is a lot more efficient.

Then there's the Nopon. I didn't mind Riki - he wasn't a main character, really, and provided light relief. But when 50% of your team are Nopon, and then there's a whole portion of the game dedicated to collecting Nopon characters too, they grate. The 'hilarious' speech patterns and childish chatter get a bit dull and I didn't much care for them (apart from when Nene told Kino to 'stop being stupid and read the room').

It wiled away a number of hours and I love that they went to the effort of trying to expand on a critical darling and cult classic, but it wasn't the same calibre as the main game. Still fun though.

I'll go back to XC2 one day, but as mentioned before, I liked XC1's tone and storytelling a lot, whereas XC2 seems a lot more shonen-anime-esque, which isn't as much my bag. I got Origami King and Age of Calamity for Christmas though, and have bought a bunch of stuff on sale from the eShop, so will take a JRPG break for now, I think!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:50

Flabbergasted Jerome is a shoo-in for Contributor of the Year IMHO.

Looks like Future Connected wasn't worth me re-shelling out for the whole package, sadly. Ah well. Glad you enjoyed it Rum!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 16:54

I'd be curious to see what Jay's thoughts on Future Connected are. Maybe he thought it was top banana!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 12:12

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 H2x1_NSwitchDS_AShortHike

A Short Hike will probably be the last game I complete in 2020, and it’s been a genuine highlight of my gaming year. I’ve loved spending time in it’s little world, just wandering around and enjoying the characters and their humourous chat. Exploring the island, seeking out it’s secrets and reaching the trail’s peak however I saw fit has been great fun. I savoured A Short Hike like I savour only Nintendo’s finest games. Just like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, I didn’t want this to end.

Alas, it is indeed a short hike, and here we are. In summary, I felt A Short Hike was surprisingly emotional, perfectly paced, beautifully realised and totally captivating. A masterful composition, I think it’s one of the best games I've played on Switch. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyTue 29 Dec 2020 - 21:24

Had never heard of this before but that image and your glowing review made me take a look. Think I might try gettin er' done before the new year too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 23:16

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-release-date-october

The end is nigh time to run away as I've finished an Assassin's Creed for the first time since the first, and it was pretty good. It did drag on a bit at 56hrs for the story and could be longer if I was going for a few wrap up bits then even longer if I wanted the 1000g.

I know you'll go Mas long game hehehe but the core element is put together well with some interesting quests (It didn't break unlike Origins), just it did get boring going to place kill few dudes and repeat after about the 40hr mark, where something like Persona 5 last year was double the length but didn't feel that long due to pacing.

That's my only real gripe and lack of variety, ohh and England looks nice however does lack something compared to what I've seen of Origins and Odyssey.

Well Valhalla is now the last game I'll finish in 2020 and is number 66 along with a few I've put time into but not finished that will get me end of year scores as everyone loves a score.

The Scores

9.5/10
Florence, Almost perfect at what it does
The Last of Us Part II, GOTY and one of the best of the gen
Ori and the Will of the Wisps, One of the best Metroidvania's you'll find

9/10
Animal Crossing New Horizons, Can't really finish it but you know how good it is
A Short Hike, Does what it says on the tin well
Final Fantasy VII Remake, Banger
Ghost of Tsushima, Lacks that something from making it a 9.5
If Found..., Excellent visual novel
Missed Messages, Short lets say interesting visual novel
Mortal Kombat 11, One of the best fighters you'll find
Ratchet & Clank, Quality platforming action
Tetris Effect Connected, Best Tetris but not played in VR this year

8.5/10
Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Just talked about this one
Call of the Sea, The end stops it from getting higher
Kentucky Route Zero, Lacks something
The Last Campfire, Puzzle platformer fun
Miles Morales, the PS5 issues hindered this a bit and if I went for the Plat my feeling might have been different either way
Night in the Woods, Enjoyed more the second time
Tell Me Why, Great work from Dontnod
Three Fourths Home, You know what it is
The Touryst, More people should check this out

8/10
Dirt 5, Pretty basic on how the races are presented
Dreams, The story part is why it's here but good see it being higher if you out the time in
Curse of the Moon, Decent retro Metroidvania action
Tony Hawk 1+2 Remaster, Maybe Remaster of the year
Uncharted 3, Not as good as 2, 4 or Lost Legacy
When the Past was Around, Just talked about this one

7.5/10
Call of Duty Cold War, You know what you're getting
Daytona USA, Still fun
Gravity Rush, Hidden PlayStation Gem
New Super Lucky, Great wee platformer
Star Wars Battlefront II, Also did the DLC

7/10
Gylt, Almost the definition of a 7/10
Life is Strange 2, I wasn't big on the characters
Little Hope, Fine interactive film like game
Lost Words, Think when it comes to Switch or something will get some buzz
Streets of Rage 4, Maybe didn't quite life up to Streets of Rage 2
Takeshi and Hiroshi, Personally like the two art styles
Team Sonic Racing, It's no transformed
Trover Saves the Universe, I should have played in VR
UFC 4, Fine showing for the sport just the story is a tad lame
The Walking Dead: The Final Season, Better than I thought it would be after what happened at Telltale

6/10
Battletoads, Perfect Game Pass game
Blazblue CrossTag Battle, Better but worse fighters out there
The Bouncer, I still like it
FIFA 21, Meh
Journey to the Savage Planet, It's fine
Kine, Didn't quite finish
Maneater, It's silly fun
Minecraft Dungeons, They've added more content since and was fun in C0-OP but was short
My Name is Mayo, It's a bantz platinum but still a tad fun for the silliness of it
Panzer Dragon Remake, Great game bad remake
Res Evil 3 Remake, Disappointing
Sonic Forces, Better than you would think
Twin Mirror, Dontnod's worst game

5/10
Access Denied, East plat which did have to put in some work
Autumns Journey, Bantz Plat
Bright Memory, I actually finished this 4 times because PC then it came to Xbox with achievements
Drowning, Bantz Platinum
Fragments of Him, Positive showing of a lead gay character
SNK Heroines, Not good
Star Blade, Fine space shooter that's not really held up
Superlimnel, Play Stanley Parable instead
Syrup and The Ultimate Sweet, Bantz Platinum
Transfernce, Not the best walking sim
A Winter's Daydream, Bantz Platinum
Without Escape, Bantz Platinum

4/10
G.I. Joe: Operation Blackout, Zombieland is worse
Zombieland Double Tap, Awful
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 9:37

With apologies to Mas (UbiSoft is run by jerks and their games can do one), I want to go back to A Short Hike and implore Muss to pick it up. I'll join Mas and Cappa in enthusing about basically every aspect of the game apart from the length. It's a beautiful little adventure and, so long as you don't go in expecting more than two hours' game or a really difficult time, I think most people would enjoy it.

The Touryst is still on my wishlist. I wonder if it's still going to be there two years from now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts   Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished And Your Four-ghts
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next