Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 7:50

Good to see that someone's playing it!

I try the occasional level of BTR2 when I can be bothered. Martinet's voice-over remains the best bit. Oh, and those NES-style challenges are quite annoying. Tricky to get to, then you get three goes and you're out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 12:56

My parents bought a Wii U a few months ago and never told me. Purely to play Wii Fit U, I think.

They have a Wii U, and I don't.

How did this happen? Sad
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 11:26

Here is a post that's about three years too late:

I'm playing Metroid: Other M on my lowly Wii, having only ever played it for an hour or two first time round. I'm about three or four hours in now I think, and have just gotten the Varia Suit. For any of you who have played it you'll know that that's the bit after Samus runs through the lava-filled sectors in a suit that doesn't protect her from the intense heat purely because Adam hasn't told her to use her Varia suit yet.

I get why people were so angry about that. Samus's inane ramblings at the beginning were a worry - the script was hammy ("my soul felt uneasy") and her delivery is famously - somewhat hilariously - stilted. But then you get to play the game, and it's pretty fun! And then you get stupid bits like the unauthorised Varia suit that totally undermine Samus as a character.

I know I've read this criticism a hundred times before, so it's not like I think I'm saying anything new. I reckon that Other M is a good game, but would probably be better if it wasn't branded as a Metroid title. It's a pretty decent 3rd person action game but people hold Metroid to too high a standard for it to be a good Metroid.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 12:15

Rum Rapture wrote:
I reckon that Other M is a good game, but would probably be better if it wasn't branded as a Metroid title.

Agreed. Come to think of it, it's an issue that's affected a few other Nintendo games in the past.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 14:26

So with NES remix 2 out soon (April 25th) I've been back on the first to mop up all the stages I haven't done, with Golf being a right pain I threw out my plans for getting rainbow stars on everything & have simply settled for getting gold. (3 stars on every stage)

I hope the sequel has less stages that require luck to pass them as this game shines best when they are based on skill.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 2:01

Bit of a bump, just to say that I've been getting stuck into Xenoblade Chronicles (which a few of you already know, I've gone on about it a few times). I'm now further than I was the last time I played it, at about level 30 or so and collecting stuff for the statues in Satorl Marsh. It's amazing just how much of a timesink this game is. It doesn't feel quite like anything else I've played - you often feel like you haven't made a dent in the game despite the fact you've done a tonne of quests and levelled up a lot and goodness, where did the past 3 hours go?

I hope I stick it through to the end (i.e. I hope I don't get distracted by something else and not finish it this time because I'll have to start it all over again... again) because I want to have finished it before getting XCX. I'm about 17 hours in I think, and estimate I have approximately a million more to go.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 8:21

My playtime was 100 hours so I'd say you have at least 80 hours to go. Good luck with the whole not getting distracted thing!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 9:10

Give you this rummy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 10:29

I was back on MH3U yesterday mopping up the rest of the high rank village quests I didn't finish & playing a some MP with Dusty & Fronkhead just like the good old Tri days.  Smile 

Rum wrote:
I hope I stick it through to the end (i.e. I hope I don't get distracted by something else and not finish it this time because I'll have to start it all over again... again) because I want to have finished it before getting XCX. I'm about 17 hours in I think, and estimate I have approximately a million more to go.

andyman949 wrote:
My playtime was 100 hours so I'd say you have at least 80 hours to go. Good luck with the whole not getting distracted thing!

.........and here's my problem with the game & other rpgs like it I just get really fatigued when I get past the 50+ hour mark and keep asking myself "surely this is the last area" every 5-10 hours.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 17:18

Looks like it's something that I should probably aim to finish while I remain unemployed :p
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:49

Been enjoying some local multiplayer the past few weeks (and the Wii U's had a workout because of it): Boom Street, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Wave Race 64 and more. Good times!

Did play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (free game with Mario Kart 8!) last night with Jaster and Dusty. It was like old times, even down to me shirking off and letting everyone else do the hunting. It's an awful habit of mine!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyMon 16 Jun 2014 - 8:04

For me it's been 'Download Sonic Lost World: Rise Of The Terrible Internet Connection'. It started downloading on Friday at 7:20pm and, as of about 7am this morning, it's 16% complete. Hissy fit Although I did unlock the Hyper levels on Mighty Switch Force! on Saturday morning. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 14:38

In addition to some MK8, I'm currently using the Wii U's backwards compatibility to play awesome Wii games I somehow skipped. Currently 9 hours into Xenoblade.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 21:56

Yes! I've been doing the same with Kirby: Epic Yarn ("Kirby's Epic Yarn"?) and WiiWare/Virtual Console games.

Really happy Nintendo sorted out Wii Mode, it's gone from a poorly implemented mess to one of my favourite features of the Wii U. It's even better than using the Wii in some places: if the game isn't of 16:9 aspect ratio, it now automatically corrects for you, without you having to reach for the TV remote.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 22:42

I was tearing up the streets in most wanted U tonight & it really is still a great example of a third party game done right on wii U, got all the billboards done & only have two most wanted cars to go.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 4:27

I'm currently going on the great Triforce hunt in Wind Waker
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 11:28

The_Jaster wrote:
I was tearing up the streets in most wanted U tonight & it really is still a great example of a third party game done right on wii U, got all the billboards done & only have two most wanted cars to go.

I wish I hadn't traded that in, indeed it is one of the best third party Wii U games. I bought the Vita version of the original (minus the 'U', then) since it was £7, and it really showed me how much they added to Most Wanted U compared to it.

You get all the cars (and nitrous, or 'Boost U') available from the beginning, so no grinding to make a car competitive, and you no longer had to drive all the way to a race's destination just to start the race for the first time: the option to begin an event right away was always there.

As such, playing the original felt far more restrictive and grindy, with Most Wanted U it felt like the world was your oyster: you could do whatever you wanted without restriction, but the original adds a lot of time wasting to it. Not that I don't enjoy things like the events or driving around to destinations, but I'm not always up for it.

...and the visuals on Vita have been severely downgraded, but it still impresses me how they managed to port it to Vita in the first place.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 15:20

The only thing that's bugged me about Most wanted U is it can feel really overwhelming with all the content that's there & it stops me from focusing on one thing.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:50

The_Jaster wrote:
The only thing that's bugged me about Most wanted U is it can feel really overwhelming with all the content that's there & it stops me from focusing on one thing.

Agreed on that. Again, it's even more overwhelming on the other versions: drive to your event destination, see a new car jackspot, jump into that car to unlock it and then you're back where you started!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:10

I booted up Little Kings Story for twenty minutes yesterday, it seems like it's going to be a really nice little experience. Then I went and got totally smashed apropos of the football so I've been too hungover to play games yet this morning.

I've also been playing a true classic from the NES as part of my new music man duties.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
I booted up Little Kings Story for twenty minutes yesterday, it seems like it's going to be a really nice little experience. Then I went and got totally smashed apropos of the football so I've been too hungover to play games yet this morning.

I actually booted LKS up a couple of days ago out of curiosity (I got very close to finishing it). I have utterly no idea how to play the game any more never mind what to do next. I remember loving it to bits but 5 years is clearly slightly too long to leave it before going back to it...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySat 21 Jun 2014 - 23:10

Popped in Scribblenauts this morning before work, seems like it will be quite fun.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptySun 22 Jun 2014 - 8:51

After a download lasting over eight days, Sonic Lost World! Only Windy Hill 1 down at the moment. It's got an awkwardness all of its own.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 20:21

So been playing lot of Wii U games over the last two days.

First up Donkey Country Tropical Freeze, only did 2-1 but still a fun platformer which I really need to play more of it at some point.

Game Party Champions, This has a story mode yes a story mode why who knows. The games are a strange choice as well, like air hockey & that basketball game you have in arcade but it all does work fairly well with the gamepad. But this will be first & last time it gets played.

Injustice: Gods Among Us, Played before on PS3&4 plays the same as them and looks just as good. But doesn't do anything with the gamepad and there seems to be no one online.

Mario Kart 8, will be doing a proper review.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, started weird as soon as you boot up it pops you unlocked costume x etc why I've not done anything shouldn't it just be there but I'm guessing this added stuff. I tried the online which I did find a game which ended up being one v one of me level 1 v a level 18. I won 4-2 as we ran out of time. Went to the single player and it plays like gaiden game, with plenty of blood etc. I can't remember what the problem was first time around but this seems decent. The gamepad is fairly useful like the move list on it & nippo but feels a bit bulky for this kind of game, so used the Pro U.

Scribblenauts Unlimited, this is an excellent game and one of the best uses of the gamepad if seen but maybe to good as I've not looked at the TV once. If you can find it cheap buy it, I'm even tempted to import unmasked from down under.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 1:54

Just Mario Kart 8 for me. Online will never get old, though it does have me wishing we could play the older games -- complete with their unique physics models, track designs and item balancing -- online too.

After seeing the great idea that is Halo Anniversary, I'd pay for a Mario Kart Anniversary release with the older games up to Mario Kart Wii, untouched but online. Need to keep these games around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 11 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next