We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 23:07

Well, half of it anyway! If the captions had survived the transition, that's the bus depot that caught fire; the school on the other side of the road was thankfully unharmed. And to think I was going to blame the DUP.
I'd love to be able to generate e.g. a road-map with all of the pun streets on; unfortunately there are just too many, and my PC won't survive a video capture.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyTue 15 Aug 2017 - 23:38

I've run out of Forumites to name estates after! I was thinking of making the ones a theme, and then the street names after items in that there (e.g. the Zelda sages estate, the Original Line up of Gladiators estate)...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 0:32

Saracen Street, Wolf Way, Ulrika Underpass...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 22:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Saracen Street, Wolf Way, Ulrika Underpass...
I hadn't through of the aliteration! Laughing Although Ulrika Underpass was in Kirby's Adventure.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 23:20

Rhino Road, Lightning Lane, Cobra Close...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 5:49

Alternative idea: Matthew Castle Castle, Wil Overpass, Tim We-Avenue...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 23:47

I've filled up the forumite area now (thanks to Oldschool for returning at the right time Grin ) and I've got to start buying more land at this stage. I might do an update, and this time actually set it out as a post so that the captions will be visible.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySun 24 Sep 2017 - 23:56

Well, I've got the captions now, but it's shrunk the new images quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 5:43

And it's still brilliant. Grin Applause
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 19:17

Beemoh's dead to us. That's what counts. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 20:25

Quote :
Moyleston is the housing area for all the trendy young people, right in the middle of the city. This place is f***ing expensive.

Accurate. I'll only accept the social elite - scum, be warned.

Also, Grant Jones Business Park is really amusing to me for some reason. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 25 Sep 2017 - 23:47

The underground lines are named after the "superhero" Animal Crossing villagers, and the overground train lines are named after Breath of the Wild's Great Fairies. Because I'm a loser.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyTue 26 Sep 2017 - 17:49

JayMoyles wrote:
Quote :
Moyleston is the housing area for all the trendy young people, right in the middle of the city. This place is f***ing expensive.

Accurate. I'll only accept the social elite - scum, be warned.

Also, Grant Jones Business Park is really amusing to me for some reason. Laughing

It sounds both dodgy and sophisticated - sums me up perfectly!

Mas Production is genius.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyTue 3 Oct 2017 - 21:19

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 Latest?cb=20150328002542

Once upon a time there was a remarkably complex and interesting webcomic with a puerile sense of humour that put a bunch of people off.  It finished.  Sometime in its middle, a game was Kickstarted.  Given that the people behind it had little no no previous gaming experience, it's quite extraordinary that it trebled its not inconsiderable goal.

It's out.  It's a simple enough point-and-click adventure game thus far, only the art, the writing, and the music are all pretty top-notch.  I'm okay with this.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Nov 2017 - 11:32

Anyone else now planning to play StarCraft 2 seeing it's going free 2 play and I even liked what was shown of Heroes of the Storm.

New Hearthstone looks cool and a game I like but like the two above as it's on PC, I don't play it as I just don't think about it as something to play on but if I get into SC2 then maybe I'll play more of the others.

I think I will avoid WoW though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 12 Mar 2018 - 22:04

Despite a mountain of new games, I've gone and got the anniversary edition of Settlers II from GOG. Even though it's a remake, released in 2006, the opening exposition is a bit problematic in today's climate. It pretty much boils down to:

"Women! They're really good at making dinner! Really good! And sometimes we get have a go on them! But they all disappeared for some reason"
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 10:04

I seem to double post a lot in this forum, but I think my new answer is "Starbound for many many years". Firstly I just thought that it was a tidier version of Terraria, and then it introduced separate scripted missions, which is probably a good idea compared with, say, Minecraft, that, even though it has a structure of sorts, is really only replayable to pick up building materials in a different order. Then it gave me a deployable mech suit; then it let me reach the other planets. It's not showed be a whole galaxy full of them; and I can colonise them, and apparently make my spaceship bigger with more crew members. Currently I think the ship's just for the plot point of visiting the planets. So something else is going on! So far, whenever the game has introduced a new mechanic, it's not failed to disappoint in any way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySat 31 Mar 2018 - 10:09

I'll be playing one of your favourites soon Jim as Cities Skyline's is coming to Game Pass.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 10:05

I'm not a PC gamer - why are so many of the "recent" posts me! God help me, I think I'm going to try and start playing Dwarf Fortress. If I git gud, maybe I'll give them nicknames of forumites and it ends up in the "game projects with names of people in" topic. If I don't git gud... well just assume I won't git gud.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2019 - 18:39

I think that's because if there is a big PC game we might be playing like an Undertale it ends up getting its own thread, then only ones really touch PC often is Muss maybe and I dabble in some things like Forza Street but nothing to really talk about.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:30

Yup. The last PC exclusive I played that hasn't since come to Switch was based on a webcomic that none of you have read. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 May 2019 - 13:42

I've been playing Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark on the pc recently. It's a final fantasy tactics inspired game which doesn't have a particularly good story and looks a bit amateurish. But the job system is really good so I'm very much enjoying it.

I also downloaded Rimworld recently and Frostpunk but haven't played them much yet.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyThu 9 May 2019 - 13:29

I see Fell Seal has decent reviews on opencritic but seen it's £21 (Xbox One) that puts me off.

I know nothing about Rimworld but know good things about Frostpunk which is coming to console.

I would like to play Close to the Sun which is on the Epic Store, not sure if PC would run it that I'm waiting on the console port.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptyThu 9 May 2019 - 14:39

Well Fell Seal's story is pretty lacklustre, and the gameplay can feel quite slow paced at times. The intricate job system makes it good, but for you I reckon you should wait until it's on a sale. I was happy to pay that money for the steam version and I don't regret paying that much for a solid SRPG, but I'm also making sure I get through it and your mileage might vary.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 EmptySun 14 Jul 2019 - 15:07

I started Thronebreaker yesterday and I'm enjoying it quite a lot so far. Basically a modified version of Gwent as a combat engine, mixed with some multi-choice story telling in an isometric look at the world of the Witcher before the events of Witcher 3. [at least, I'm pretty sure it's before Witcher 3]. I think it's out on console, but and I'd definitely recommend it as something different so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next