Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retro Reboot

Go down 
+10
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
2grundies
Admin
The_Jaster
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

Retro Reboot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Jan 2014 - 13:47

I think I went a bit overboard but SEGA does have so many IP's doing nothing, maybe atlus might have a bash at making a game using a SEGA IP.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:25

Chrono Trigger.

I would give my earthly soul (and Grandmother) for a new version of this with up do date graphics and what not. Keep the entire story - there's nothing wrong with it. Keep all the spectacular events, maybe even keep the original translation. If you want to add stuff make sure it isn't as horrendous as that extra fetch quest nonsense they added in the DS update.

This was a game that definitely punched above it's hosts graphics and sound capabilities and I reckon it needs doing proper justice. The Mountain of Woe falling in to the sea? The Kingdom of Zeal meeting its maker? The Ocean Palace? Magus's lair? Lavos? Everything else? All in glorious nu-tech graphics? Toriyama's designs in shiny polygonal glory?

Yes please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 19:32

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:

Anyhoo, of course I'd love to see a new Samba De Amigo. Y'know, one that's not a piece of shit reboot this time. It's a shame that latency issues have quietened the rhythm action genre down over the last decade or so. Sad 

How can anyone despise such a colourful game?

Absolutely gutting that Samba De Amigo wasn't the business on Wii. It seemed like a can't-miss, sure-fire success in the NGamer previews. What a criminal waste. Unbelievable that it succeeded in everything but the core working aspect of the game (maraca shaking).

Agreed. If there's one thing they got right, it's the graphics. Oh, those graphics! What's even more tragic, though, is that they didn't include Classic Controller support, which would've made the whole thing forgivable. The original games had this, so why not the Wiimake, eh, Gearbox?

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 20:58

Mostly, i would just like the chance to play Chu Chu Rocket against people online again so that's my vote. I think it's about time somebody did a reboot of some classic Zx Spectrum characters as well though. Magic Knight from Finders Keepers et al, Jack the Nipper and Head over Heels would be cool to see again.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 21:03

Head Over Heels! I've never played it, but I've always wanted to.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Jan 2014 - 23:09

Yes!

From the last few responses, I'd say, long story short: There were a load of games by European developers that were high on ideas and characters, but perhaps low on forgiving playability, that got overshadowed when the Japanese companies came in and showed how games should actually be made. However, the passing of time means that these forgotten franchises should be re-considered.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 20:41

Aye I couldn't agree more, the UK devs especially had some great ideas that I'd like to see return.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2014 - 21:10

Rattlecat wrote:
Mostly, i would just like the chance to play Chu Chu Rocket against people online again so that's my vote. I think it's about time somebody did a reboot of some classic Zx Spectrum characters as well though. Magic Knight from Finders Keepers et al, Jack the Nipper and Head over Heels would be cool to see again.

Finders Keepers! Had that for the MSX! I was never any good at it though xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 23:55

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
This is a tricky question for sure - there's so many great games that deserve to be revived. To name just one is really difficult.

Retro Reboot - Page 2 Parappa2

I'd have that guy back in a flash. Another game, just like the ones on PSOne and PS2. The most gutting thing on Wii was that (Parappa designer) Masaya Matsuura's Major Minor's Majestic March was utter keech. He had said all along that the immediate future of the Parappa series pinned on that doing well. It's like he made a shite game so he wouldn't have to do another Parappa, the dozy prick.
I was thinking of this the other day, I find it astonishing there hasn't been a new one, he appeared in Playstation All Stars last year so obviously the character hasn't been completely forgotten.

Also Snowboard Kids (as said in every other thread I've participated in ever).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 19:42

mandlecreed wrote:

Finders Keepers! Had that for the MSX! I was never any good at it though xD
Neither was i. I think the one time i did see the end of the game i had used a poke. I much pefered the sequels Spellbound and Knyte Tyme. Not sure if they came to the MSX.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 23:08

It's happened before, but I want it to happen again, so...

3D OutRun please.

Ditto for the return of Parappa the Rapper. I have a feeling the rhythm game isn't viable anymore, since it's died a death in recent times, and the biggest games in the genre have huge IP attached to them (Final Fantasy, Hatsune Miku). 'Tis a shame, really. Luckily Nintendo's influence in Japan seemed to make Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise a success there (even though it positively flopped everywhere else).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retro Reboot   Retro Reboot - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retro Reboot
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2