Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've Started, So I'll Finish...

Go down 
+9
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Kezz182
beemoh
Darunia
Silver light
Dusty Knackers
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

I've Started, So I'll Finish... Empty
PostSubject: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 21:28

Except, I don't. This is my current issue with games. I buy them, I play them a little, and when something new comes out, I drop that game for the newest one. The process continues if something new comes out. So I'm left with a lot of games that I've never played, or have only played a little of. Even when I find myself with very little that I want to play, I could go back and finish these old games, or start ones I've not played, right? WRONG! I have about 50+ games that I've acquired in the last two years that I should be playing, but can't bring myself to.

So, is this just me? Do you find it difficult to go back to games that are considered 'old' to you? Or can you pick up and play anything whenever you fancy?

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 21:33

I find i can pick up and play whatever i feel like, when i actually do feel like it. But also that it is easier to be motivated to play new releases than older stuff, prolly down just to that "it's new" factor.
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 21:54

I have no issue with going back to older games, but I do often play through a significant portion of a game and fail to finish it.
My main problem at the moment is impulse buying. That wouldn't be as much of an issue but for Steam sales, and now I have more than 120 Steam games, most of which I've never touched. Meh
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 21:55

I find myself only going back to old games rarely, but I'll generally go back and stay there for a while.
Back to top Go down
Kezz182
Grackler Bait
Kezz182

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySat 19 Jan 2013 - 22:04

I don't have this problem much. I'll go back to finish an old game whenever I feel like it. Though I still have around 70 unfinished, I find the Backloggery motivates me to go back and play them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 1:35

It depends on the game for me really, if it grabs me I'll see it through until the end but this often leads to me leaving new games untouched for months but I will get around to them eventually as I have no gripes playing something that some may have finished years ago.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 2:32

I'm the same like for the recent example I dropped (you guessed it) Scribblenauts for Paper Mario Sticker Star then when I finished that I went back to it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 4:16

I'll play whatever I want whenever and I don't mind going back to something. Sometimes I may just start again though, depends on how much I'm enjoying a game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:00

These days my time is even more limited than previously, so new things that I want tend to go on the pile. For example, I've not touched Pandora's Tower or Darksiders II. My other problem is that I like lengthy RPG's and can comfortably get four or five other games bought whilst I finish one off. Aww!

It can also take me a while to get back into playing games from the backlog, which means frustration. It's not a great cycle! Perhaps I should swear off new games for a month... but then there's Scibblenauts Unlimited, and Harmoknight... Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 9:41

Going back to old games, or even retro games, is VERY DIFFICULT for me. I'm intending to give it a go with Rayman Origins at some point today, so we'll see how I get on with that. One notable exception is whichever Tales game it was that was ported to the 3DS, which I'll leave for months on the grounds that something more interesting has come out and then pick it up again like nothing's happened.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 13:22

Does anyone need to know what I think about this? Winky Face

I'm a really strange case. I rarely play a game and enjoy it when it's brand new. Often I'll get swept along in the hype, play a new game and feel distinctly underwhelmed by it. I currently feel like I'm going through the motions with Paper Mario: Sticker Star, for instance.

I've found that if I leave it a good few months while I play something else, then return to said game I abandoned when the mood suits, I enjoy it much more. I put this down to the 'hype train' having calmed down, a lot of people have finished it and forgotten about it already, and I can get on with it at my leisure. Weird, huh?

Though I am finishing games with more consistency these days, I'm a terrible impulse buyer. For example: I'm really excited for Ni No Kuni next month, even though I know I'll never get time to finish the thing, and it's on a platform I'm rather indifferent about.

Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 18:54

It depends on the game to be honest if it turns out to be awful I'll leave it and probably never look back but even if it is a really great game I may just leave it, primarily because of a new game or just waning interest in a perhaps repetitive storyline, Kingdom hearts BBS being an example of an awesome game being ruined (in my opinion) by a direly repetitive storyline.
Also, when for instance at Christmas when I get 3 or 4 games at least one will always be ignored for the most part, which is sad because I have done this to the likes of Bowser's inside story in the past and I know I would love to return to finish it but the chances of that what with all the new games and whatever game I'm playing through currently are slim indeed. So it seems if one were to learn anything from this nonsense is just try not to buy too many games while your still getting your teeth into another even if it does seem an impossible task.

:witch:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 20:20

I've definitely noticed myself gravitating toward download games generally because they are shorter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 11:42

I've got tons of games that I've not finished. I'd be as well trading them in, but all I'd do is buy more games that I wouldn't finish. That said, I very rarely pay full price for a game, and I have calmed down with the number of games I'm buying these days.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 19:12

My Steam library is a mess of unfinished games. I thought having something like Backloggery would keep my wanton abandonment of games in check, but it's just gotten worse with the Steam sales. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Started, So I'll Finish...   I've Started, So I'll Finish... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've Started, So I'll Finish...
Page 1 of 1