Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 18:53

Chances are that name's a contraction- a bit like how TWEWY was "Subaseka"

Anyway, this countdown finishes in about 23 hours. What we know so far is that Neverland, who made the RF games have joined the great publisher in the sky but are still going in some capacity connected to publisher Marvelous.

So: commence speculation!

Last edited by beemoh on Tue 11 Feb 2014 - 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014 - 19:10

Obvious Senran Kagura joke waiting to be made - that out of the way, I'd reckon something JRPG-ish, but other than that I'm happy to be surprised. It can't be any worse than the TWEWY countdown... Sad 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 1:28

Balladeer wrote:
Obvious Senran Kagura joke waiting to be made - that out of the way, I'd reckon something JRPG-ish, but other than that I'm happy to be surprised.  It can't be any worse than the TWEWY countdown... Sad 

Chances of a port slim indeed -- this web URL at least has "3DS" in it.

I'm still confused as to who owns the Harvest Moon license, is it Natsume or Marvelous, or both? Is that a region-specific thing? I always thought it was Marvelous until I read about Natsume's desire to rerelease older games on Virtual Console.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 11:41

We have an update! The site now says there will be a 'proper' site there on the 17th, and they've opened up a Twitter, KinkiMaguna_PR.

It links to a Famitsu article, which has what looks like an image of magazine pages. Siliconera says it's a strategy RPG, and the name translates as "Forbidden Magna"
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) EmptyTue 11 Feb 2014 - 12:05

That looks Japanese all right. I've had a love-hate relationship with strategy RPGs - I got on okay with the Luminous Arc series on DS, but had no time for the widely-considered-to-be-superior Fire Emblem Awakening. I guess we'll see how this turns out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)   Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki) Empty

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Magna - Or, what the Rune Factory lot did next (Was: Kinki)
Page 1 of 1