Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder

Go down 
+23
Solve My Maze
Xelviar
NintenDUCK
Vidofnir
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dusty Knackers
Athrun888
Admin
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
oldschool
Buskalilly
masofdas
beemoh
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Rum
shanks
Balladeer
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 25 May 2014 - 20:11

I made this mistake and was put to rights today: it's the OCR exam board voluntarily leaving the books out of the syllabus. Yes Gove said that those are the books he'd like to see, but as far as I'm aware he didn't enforce them on anybody, so his only crime (on this occasion) is having limited taste in literature.

I blame the "O" part of OCR.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 25 May 2014 - 21:58

Balladeer wrote:
 "This is a really interesting and culturally relevant book... which I have to read, so I'll grind slowly through it with minimum enjoyment." Meh 

I really shouldn't still have that mentality, considering I'm an English student and all... but I totally still think like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 20:46

Back again, still giving it big licks.

Busy times for me lately. I'm now a qualified career guidance practitioner, for starters. Not much time for gaming, or GNamer, or really anything that wasn't careers-related. There probably won't be in the future, all told. But these are exciting times for me, and I'm really enthusiastic and motivated for the opportunities up ahead. Right now, all's well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 22:43

Top news Cappa! Glad to know that it's been a good reason that you've not been round these parts.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyThu 29 May 2014 - 23:40

Aye congratulations! noo where's the free advice?  Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 8:34

Good work, Cap! We've missed your presence. Good luck to you.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 8:44

Good to hear Cap, hope you'll be back around here more often soon!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 9:53

Welcome back Cappa any free advice
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 12:46

He charges for it now!

Good to see you Cappa, albeit briefly. Glad it's going well. Get lots of kids into lots of jobs!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 15:11

Congrats, Cappa!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 8:30

Also, I have a new job. It's another Teacher of Maths post, actually at the main competitor of my current place! It's almost certain to be a case of going from the frying pan into the fire... but I don't want to be in the frying pan any more.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 9:31

And congrats. to you to, Zero-J! Everyone with their new jobs, making me feel all passive and static...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 10:12

Speaking of new jobs I've got the second half of an interview at McDonalds on monday!  Neutral Meh Aww! Crying or Very sad Damn rent and a need to get money fast.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 12:45

I once got INSTANTLY rejected from KFC. Like, I sent away my online application and almost right after I had an email saying my application had been rejected.  Confused 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 13:12

Ouch, must've done something crazy wrong on the pointless questions. I got an email the other day saying I didn't get a Christmas temp job. Pretty sure I didn't even apply for that this Christmas...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 13:34

The KFCs in Edinburgh are all staffed by Eastern Europeans, so that might have been my downfall.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 13:47

I'm getting to the stage where I need to get another job that pays better or a second part time one so I'm not living week to week
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 17:07

Balladeer wrote:
And congrats. to you to, Zero-J!  Everyone with their new jobs, making me feel all passive and static...

If it's any consolation, I'm really struggling to get out of my job.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 22:12

I've not looked to see what's about but I would like to maybe change job. Mine is fine and pay is fairly good but it feels so tedious now going, I've got hardly any qualifications but a lot of experience all in retail though. So I feel if I go apply for another job it has to be retail again, so might as well stay put.

But I say all that, one of the sections leaders who started at asda when he left school, so only got GCSE's has been applying for things like working for the council, which I wouldn't think about applying for and he's having interviews for them.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySat 31 May 2014 - 23:07

masofdas wrote:
I've not looked to see what's about but I would like to maybe change job. Mine is fine and pay is fairly good but it feels so tedious now going, I've got hardly any qualifications but a lot of experience all in retail though. So I feel if I go apply for another job it has to be retail again, so might as well stay put.

But I say all that, one of the sections leaders who started at asda when he left school, so only got GCSE's has been applying for things like working for the council, which I wouldn't think about applying for and he's having interviews for them.

I would guess that management (or, more accurately, supervising) is management (supervising) and that if you have experience as a shift supervisor in retail it might carry over to to a similar position in low-end office work?

EDIT: That said, Moss Bros. interviewed me for a Assistant Manager position last year despite never having a supervisor position, or even working retail for the nine years prior.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 15:47

Anyone know of a decent way or program to convert MKV to MP4?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 17:15

beemoh wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I would guess that management (or, more accurately, supervising) is management (supervising) and that if you have experience as a shift supervisor in retail it might carry over to to a similar position in low-end office work?

EDIT: That said, Moss Bros. interviewed me for a Assistant Manager position last year despite never having a supervisor position, or even working retail for the nine years prior.

Didn't think of it like that, but there's other things like my pension which I know now can be moved across with the government one, health cover, share's and all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 17:59

Guess this is the right place to say I'm glad to be back on these here forums, I've really missed having more detailed conversations about videogames and snacks.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 18:32

Glad to hear it Fronky. Snack based discussion has no other place on the 'Net than GNamer.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 EmptySun 1 Jun 2014 - 18:42

Can't beat a forum for a proper exchanging of opinions. That's what I think really sets fora apart from Twitter: 140 character limits limit the ability to have in-depth discussions.

You did a proper Tony Pang today though, Fronky! (Old forumite on NGamer: used to return after months' absence and bump all of the topics.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder   The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread II: Chat Harder
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next