Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 18:11

They've actually added a campaign from what I hear recently and the controller thing was something with all V2 and after Dual Shock 4's.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 18:17

masofdas wrote:
They've actually added a campaign from what I hear recently and the controller thing was something with all V2 and after Dual Shock 4's.

Didn't know about the controllers, it's a nice change though.

There was a campaign when I played through it, but it's basically just - here are some time trial/races/sector challenges - can you win? It does the job in so far as giving you the odd interesting scenario, but it's mostly just time consuming, not particularly challenging (until the final few), and doesn't really offer anything you couldn't just do in a custom race anyway.

I mean, there's always a list of names, each with their own flag, on the left of the screen that shows the standings as you race about. But beyond giving the player time gaps, the names and flags are pointless since there's no season, or season type, modes. I think that's more just there since that's the way it is online.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 18:21

This was like a week ago they added in a more traditional GT.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 18:27

I last played it three days ago and it wasn't there. Shame they didn't put a league mode into the launch version, would've gone a long way towards making the whole thing feel a little more lived in and less like a tech demo.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 18:33

I remember a guy in work was talking about it and he was clueless that it was service based with all the online. I reckon a lot off people would have thought the same as him and even your review doesn't make it sound great.

This was what I was talking about http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/11/gran_turismo_sport_scores_traditional_single_player_campaign_for_free seems to be the league mode you bring up.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 22:06

Yeah it has got a bit of the street fighter five vibe about it, lots of stuff missingwhich overshadows the good that is there.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 22:12

The thing is I'm not sure it's missing though as it's not GT7, I think the problem is like that guy at work who gathered it is or would be.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 22:29

Nowhere near as bad as SFV, the online probably works. But while it's not meant to be a numbered GT game its still being sold for £50 on the psn store. Asking for that money for a racing game without any single player progression beyond lame challenges and one off custom races is pretty poop. Especially given just how much time out tasks to unlock things in this game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 12:20

Sure but then Overwatch was £50 when it came out, unfortunately for better or worse these online service based games are a thing now with the same price tag as other games.

I think the issue with GT Sport is people didn't know that before hand.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 13:06

Well I think that's partly it, Overwatch has always explicitly been an online only shooty banger. But as well as adding new maps [tracks] and characters [cars], it keeps adding new seasonal events, event based match modes, and lore updates, all while catering to competitive and casual online communities. It gives it greater authenticity to some call to 'service' status - although I loath that word because really Blizzard are using gambling money to justify adding things to the game, but that's a whole other thing.

GT Sport doesn't really do any of the "service" stuff. It doesn't do microtransactions at all, which is nice, but its also not really doing anything beyond new tracks or cars. The furthest its going is to reintroduce stock modes from old GT games into a barren single player mode. So yeah, unless it's going to go whole hog in continually developing its online variety, I don't see it as particularly comparable to Overwatch. Maybe that would be enough to someone who just wants the dry old GT, parched of any eccentricity, but like you say they should've made it very clear this game is all about its online modes, or, priced it more appropriately (it feels quite cheeky that it's already popping up on sales, not that it's affecting me, it was cheaper getting this with a 1tb ps4 than a ps4 alone! But it might bother someone who paid for it alone).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 13:24

You think that's cheeky, EA announced Battlefront 2 would go on sale during Black Friday before it was even out.

To get away from GT Sport and Service games, I'm putting this here:
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 SlpB3Mm

As I did start playing it and I do like a good Visual Novel (a genre I really want on Switch) I found this to be slow that I've watched a let's play / highlights which got me to the good stuff.

And lets say it is disturbing like the game warns you at the start, I've also since watch games theory's take on the game and it seems to go deep.

I think you would like it Muss along with Drunka, Jay, Jess and even Balla maybe as you did like Danganronpa.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 22:22

Is it this year's Pony Island? I should take a look.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 22:25

I didn't play Pony Island or really check it out, that I can't really answer that.

I can tell you Doki is a FREE download, though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 19 Dec 2017 - 22:35

masofdas wrote:
I can tell you Doki is a FREE download, though.
It is downloading now! I donated a dollar.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 20:58

I spoke about this during that Plesioth quest we failed!

Let me know your thoughts, Drunka.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:02

I've seen on IGN in the people choice votes, it won every single category it was nominated in.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:21

I think it's attracted that same sort of fervent fanbase that Undertale attracted, for better or for worse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 23:26

I can see that being true.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 Dec 2017 - 13:10

Not to sidetrack anything but I come today bearing another gaming sin that is an unfinished title.

Final Fantasy XII HD: The Zodiac Age

Oh what a cruel mistress nostalgia is. She makes us long for her loving embrace from years yonder, and yet when she delivers you find it a shallow insincere cold thing.

Don't get me wrong, the game's fine, but boy am I awake to its flaws now that I'm not the sixteen year old who spends hours a day religiously playing games. It's still a damn sight better than the games that came after it (besides Lightning Returns, the best Final Fantasy game of the modern era), but its flaws are all very easy to discern nowadays. The story, such as it is, completely disappears in the final act for example. It wasn't ever story-centric, but when you go over ten hours in a JRPG without four complete sentences being exchanged by the cast you know the game had some backstage drama.

By the time the penultimate dungeon came around I was bored of the game, and considering I have a backlog of PS4 titles sitting there including Nier Automata, Tales of Berseria, Valkyria Chronicles, and dragon ball xenoverse, I knew it was time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:57

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 H2x1_NSwitch_SuperMarioOdyssey

Last night, spoilers, I beat Bowser and saved the Princess.
If I were Masofdas, I might say the game was "complete". As it was, I actually kept going until like 4am, got my 250 moons and explored some more mostly because I needed Mario to find Peach again. I wanted to make sure everything was cool between those two cool cats before I went to bed. Their friendship seems to be intact, so I'm happy.

Obviously, I will eventually get 999 moons. This game is beautiful and wonderful to play, to listen to, to look at, to experience and be a part of. However, like Zelda, I'm not in any rush to plough all my time into the post-game. There are other games I want to beat and/ or play, which I've either already got or plan to get, and dipping in and out of these two masterpieces to beat shrines, find koroks and collect moons will bring me joy for a long time to come.

Speaking of Zelda, that's the big question isn't it? Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey? One or the other is definitely the best videogame of all time, but which one? It doesn't matter too much, as the other one is just gonna be the Second Best Game of All Time.

Naturally, Zelda's world pulled me in more. It was connected and alive, the music and design was more subtle and engrossing, the story made me feel more like I needed to save that world. It also had that wonderful element of creativity and openness. Mario was much more straightforward. There is an element of exploration, but a thorough player will find everything, and two players will generally solve something the same way.

On the other hand, this lets Mario's adventure bombard you with setpieces and moments and locations and touches and homages and characters and bosses and challenges and twists and tricks like nothing else. No kingdom in Odyssey could ever match Hyrule from Breath of the Wild, but the sense of adventure and incident is unparalleled.

Ultimately, the two games do very different things and they both do them differently. If I had to say which one I preferred, my answer would change as often as the wind. If you're twisting my arm and making me say which is the better game, I have to go with Zelda for one reason: Zelda. Zelda is a key player int he story, she's been holding Ganon back all this time, and she's saved Link as much as he saves her. She's an active participant, a human character and an equal ally to Link. Peach is back, after being playable in 3D World, to being a straight-up damsel in distress. She gets a good moment pf sass when Mario and Bowser are battling over her, but its not enough.

Anyway, enough about comparing two 10/10 games to decide which is the most 10/10. I beat Mario last night and it was GLORIOUS.
The only complaint I'd heard, before going in, was that there wasn't as much capturing as people expected. This was ideal for me. I love the elastic feel of bouncing proper 3D Mario around levels, and I didn't want too much to get in the way of that. It didn't - this game felt phenomenal in the hands.

As I'm sure you all know, I went to great lengths to avoid spoilers from this game. It paid off! I didn't know anything. And now, I will wax lyrical in a spoiler box about specific moments I loved.

Spoiler:

And probably lots more that isn't coming to mind because I'm excited and giddy and a little sleep.

10/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 9 Jan 2018 - 12:02

I like the term Beat which you used yourself near the end not complete as you rightly say I don't complete many games as to me that's 100% them or close to that where beat is the story or campaign etc which I do do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyWed 10 Jan 2018 - 19:48

ALL THOSE MOMENTS ARE SHIT DRUNKA

Nah they're brill. As are many more. You didn't even mention any of the T-Rex moments!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyThu 25 Jan 2018 - 15:46

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 96c0d317-94c2-4b32-bed9-d586002bb9c2.jpg?n=Zoo-Tycoon_GLP-Page-Hero-1084_1920x600_02

I bought Zoo back in GAMEs January sale for £12'ish as I thought it be a fun game a bit like Theme Park etc but it isn't anything like that. Zoo is just stale, I don't need a campaign and the mode where you can just build still has quests which you can't finish unless you've got friends playing in a different type of Zoo as certain animals are only available in certain regions.

I remember back in the day with Viva Piñata that you had send Piñatas to each other to unlock new ones and even in Pokemon but making a goal where you have to it seems lame.

6/10, thankfully SEGA are publishing a Theme Hospital spiritual successor.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 9:03

Monster Hunter World
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 Monster-hunter-world-first-review-almost-perfect-logo.jpg.optimal

I got this on Friday and I've played 30 hours but now its time to sell the XBox, and the game. I saw most of the monsters, bar some endgame elder dragons, and I enjoyed what I played immensely. The overall package isn't perfect, and I'm putting together a little review, but the game's problems were all compacted immensely by the fact I had to play it in such a short space of time, often only able to get a session in at nighttime as I've had to sort stuff out and spend time with all the people who are going to miss me.

The core mechanic of hunting is easily the best it has ever been. I've loved Monster Hunter for a while, even in the ear;y days when I struggled to get very far with it. Now, that feeling of being on the hunt and existing in this world with these awesome beasties has been pretty much perfected. If the next game can take that and give it a slightly better structure, somewhere between this and Double Cross, and maybe put it on a console which is a hybrid between home and handheld console . . .

Anyway, for the moment, Monster Hunter World is a 10/10 by any sensible critique.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 19:14

Be interesting where the series goes in terms of systems with the numbers we're seeing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 11 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 39  Next