Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 12:49

Is anyone watching Broadchurch? It's grim but I'm well keen on finding out whodunnit!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 15:56

Okay, finished the first five episodes of series seven of Doctor Who. Great first half of the series, but as for my lasting thoughts?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 16:09

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 17:24

Finished the first episode of the next set with the start of Clara Oswald with The Bells of Saint John. I wish I could see the Christmas Special that goes between the two, but that's the price one pays when one keeps himself for dvd sets then backflips halfway through, just going to have to wait for ther next set of DVDs for that.

Also, it took me a while but I could have sworn Clara's voice sounded familiar. Something not Doctor Who related. Then my mind twigged, she reminded me of the voice of Melia from Xenoblade.

Balladeer wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Okay, watched episode 2 of the Clara part of the series now. Like what seems to be the trend for series the second episode seemed like a very slow burner and arguably a bit on the boring side, but the development of Clara and the relationship between the two kept me interested throughout. And the trailer for next episode has me pumped, it's looking very action packed.

Last edited by Athrun888 on Thu 11 Apr 2013 - 10:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 20:46

I've been watching quite a lot of a show called ridiculousness, its pretty much you've been framed crossed with Jackass (without the gross parts)
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:50

ZeroJones wrote:
Is anyone watching Broadchurch? It's grim but I'm well keen on finding out whodunnit!

Yep, it's pretty good isn't it. Smile

Dr Who, however. I really want to like it, but...

Run around like a loon
Stare wide eyed at the camera
Loud orchestral music
Hit random things in the Tardis

...is preventing me doing so. Although Jenna Louise Coleman is keeping me watching. Cheeky Cheeky
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:56

I was watching walking dead, i say i don't watch much TV but looking at my Sky+ i record top gear when its on, new girl, how i met your mother, the middle, modern family, futurama, wwe raw and smackdown, tna, wrestle talk, the blurb, revolution. and sports when there on. and ive im bored ill watch things like pawn stars, storge wars.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:48

Fancy Fancy wrote:
Although Jenna Louise Coleman is keeping me watching. Cheeky Cheeky

I found her participation in the last episode cringeworthy throughout, pretty or no pretty. If her "things" turn out to be her mother's death and talking to children, she'll be set to be the worst assistant since Billie Piper. Bring back Donna Noble!

It's a shame that the general writing and the leaf thing were so utterly pants, as there were some good monsters in that episode. Matt Smith got a nice monologue too. Nonetheless, I can't say that I'm looking forward to this writer's next episode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:53

I've not watched who for ages but I liked Billie piper as an assistant, I stopped watching when matt smith over but did see the episode were introduced to jenna as a darlek. she seemed good to me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 12:58

Because there were no children, dead parents, or GOG DAMN LEAVES in that episode. She wasn't too bad in the first episode of the new series, where she was being a "leet hacker".

My order (without Clara because I'm giving her a chance): Donna, Martha, Amy, Rose. I'm gutted they're bringing the latter back. She just seemed so... vacuous most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 13:01

Balladeer wrote:
Fancy Fancy wrote:

I found her participation in the last episode cringeworthy throughout, pretty or no pretty. If her "things" turn out to be her mother's death and talking to children, she'll be set to be the worst assistant since Billie Piper. Bring back Donna Noble!

It's a shame that the general writing and the leaf thing were so utterly pants, as there were some good monsters in that episode. Matt Smith got a nice monologue too. Nonetheless, I can't say that I'm looking forward to this writer's next episode.

I did enjoy seeing The Beano make an appearance. But you're right, it was cringeworthy TV indeed. I'd like it to be more serious, but I suppose I'm not the target audience.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 13:02

masofdas wrote:
modern family

I do like that show.

I also used to like Raising Hope, which Sky One always used to pair with it. Wonder when that's coming back?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:01

Balladeer wrote:
Bring back Donna Noble!

Oh lord no. I mean, she was refreshing in the sense that she didn't spend all her time fawning over the Doctor, but beyond that I found her pretty awful. Martha was the worst in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:06

She had a personality! And she was a strong female character, where most of the Doctor's companions are a bit pathetic. The fawning doesn't help with this, I'll admit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:25

I'll give you she was a strong-minded character, but it just got to the point of obnoxiousness at times. I miss the glory days of Eccleston, Piper and Barrowman. Beautiful TARDIS team, those three.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:40

Martha was annoying because she was in love with him then got all moody at the sound of Roses name
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:10

Balladeer wrote:
Fancy Fancy wrote:

The last episode was really weird for me. It felt like it would have been a great story for the Seventh Doctor, expanded out to three episodes and really given time to let the good sci-fi ideas breathe. As it was, it was rushed and too straightforward. And some of the Doctor's dialogue was terribly unlike the Eleventh Doctor.

With you on bringing back Donna Noble - great companion, as I reckon she had probably the best companion story arc ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 15:47

I didn't think I'd say this, following some of T. Davies' episodes, but I'd like to see a few more two-parters.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 16:40

shanks wrote:
Martha was annoying because she was in love with him then got all moody at the sound of Roses name

That's my main problem with Martha actually. I really disliked the whole unrequited love plotline, it just made Martha seem weak and annoying to me. When she had to stand on her own two feet she was awesome though, like in The Family of Blood set of episodes and the final episode of the series.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 17:13

Athrun888 wrote:
shanks wrote:

That's my main problem with Martha actually. I really disliked the whole unrequited love plotline, it just made Martha seem weak and annoying to me. When she had to stand on her own two feet she was awesome though, like in The Family of Blood set of episodes and the final episode of the series.
That's my take on Martha too - very much a missed opportunity. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 17:17

Still preferred her to Rose. (folds arms)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 22:41

Can somebody else please post in here so that I don't have to double post wait never mind.

So I thought this episode was really good! I liked the ice monster, I liked the brutality (does that make me strange?), and even J-L wasn't being sickening like usual. Then again, there were no children on board the nuclear submarine. Fortunately.

Also, best Russian accents. Especially the bit where the Soviet soldier says, "We're gonna be bloody 'eroes!" BEST.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 23:02

I very much enjoyed the Russian/English language barrier banter. And the Ice Warrior was great, although I was a little unimpressed by him outside of his helmet.

I adored seeing Liam Cunningham aka Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones as the captain in it. From a captain in a fantasy world to a captain of a Soviet Sub.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013 - 23:46

I skipped last night's HIGNFY, in favour of watching HIGABMNFY on Monday.

Am I to assume that, much like Boris Johnson's, Brian Blessed's second go isn't as good as his first?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013 - 0:12

Blessed is back?! Aw, I dip in and out of HIGNFY but I definitely need to watch this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next