Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)

Go down 
+2
masofdas
Balladeer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:11

mas wrote:
Also you say we would be leaving out some great games like Mega Man but like Balla put with his list of Mario 8 times would they even have a look in anyway if there vote-able.

Just because not many people will vote for them doesn't mean they don't deserve to be considered.

mas wrote:
(It should be Castlevania-like btw not Metroid :Razz:)

I hope you are not serious about that comment, Metroid's structure has always been the same (non-linear exploration) where as Castlevania has not been as the first was a straight up A - B platform game which didn't change until Simon's Quest in 87.

(Unless you count Vampire killer on MSX but that still came out a couple months after the first Metroid & that's why it should be Metroid-like as it was the first of its kind)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:18

No my point was that they should have there own vote to shine a bit like with the indie award talk because there just going to be overlooked by most due to likes of Super Mario World.

I was due to the Razz but I have preferred the Castlevaina games myself of what I've played of both series, I do feel the genre term metroidvania became a thing when there was at least two games in the genre and they happened to be the two.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:27

I think we're over complicating a vote that hasn't even got a host yet, let alone a thread. I think we should just leave it for now and hash it out in its own thread.

Also TWD isn't adventure, it's point and click Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:30

It's not a true point and click though as you can move your character, hence adventure.

I thought Zero was going to host.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:30

I'm not going to get angry if someone calls it a metroidvania as I used the term myself for years up until recently & it isn't wrong really but Metroid-like just makes more sense to me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 6:34

masofdas wrote:
I thought Zero was going to host.

Not necessarily. If we were going to have a big gaming vote, we would ask the forum for volunteers to host. Thumbs Up!

~~~

Back on-topic, a strong case was made for DKC:TF. I feel I should revisit it, along with Super Mario 3D World; both were relegated to the 'complete' pile once I saw the credits, so the post-game content needs investigating!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 6:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Jan 2015 - 9:02

I'm not sure that the post-game was all that great for DKCTF. A cheap, one-hit-to-die mode. SM3DW's was top notch, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)   October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

October-December 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo VIII (Super Mega Ultra Bloody Huge Edition)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2