Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 20:42

I did vote for it once but you just have to look back at last game you finished threads along with other threads, people have liked it.

I'm not saying it's the best game or anything.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 21:06

FIVE GAMES
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Header

I really liked the look of this when it appeared out of nowhere at the start of the year. I stopped most of the youtube videos I watched after ten minutes or so, for fear of spoilers, but I honestly wish I'd seen less. Try to play this as unspoiled as possible; it is incredibly inventive right up until the end, with a great balance of the ingenious and the stupid. Not quite as touching as some of the other games I've played today, or as funny, but very clever and pretty creepy when played alone in a dark room in the evening.

One thing I will say: the game advises you right at the start not to play with a trackpad, and this is very good advice. I tried to muddle through for a while, as I don't own a proper mouse, but that was fruitless. So I downloaded software to let me use a Wii remote as a mouse, but that wasn't responsive enough. In the end, I beat the game with one hand on the trackpad, and the other using the wii remote's buttons to simulate clicking. It worked, but I bet the game is a lot more fulfilling with a proper mouse.

Hopefully some more of you will play this, as I'd like to have a proper spoiler chat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:09

I thought TWA was alright, I also only thought Brothers was alright. Thinking back to it I only remember one thing that happened in Brothers and I can't even remember the details, am I a heartless bastard?

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:24

You crumpy old git.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 14 Feb 2016 - 22:36

masofdas wrote:
I did vote for it once but you just have to look back at last game you finished threads along with other threads, people have liked it.

I'm not saying it's the best game or anything.

Laughing relax I was pulling your leg.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 8:24

Pokémon Picross

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Pok%C3%A9mon-Picross-header-nintendon-630x354

Well, I've beaten the last puzzle. I also spent over £10 to do so but I just couldn't stand the hold it had on me any more. The game takes all the elements from the Picross e series, Pokémonifies them (is too a verb - a very cromulent verb) and dumps them into your lap, locking off monsters behind the cute-sounding Picrites. Collect enough Picrites for beating puzzles and you can unlock new areas, with new 'mon to puzzle through. If Picross is your thing, this is your thing... but I found it too tempting to pay to win.

And I'm supposed to be saving up for a wedding. No

14/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 9:55

Hmm... I'm still at the stage where I'm determined to win for free.

If you could have paid the same amount upfront and purchased the full game, would you say it was a fair price?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 11:25

With everything unlocked from the beginning? I would say 'No', because content-wise, it's about 2.5 Picross e games stuck together with a Pokémon coating applied, and you would pay less for that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 16:10

Let's move on for a minute from the emotional indie games, to talk about a real game for real men.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 SFV-logo

I finished all the story mode last night and I've got all the characters to at least level 5 and my own to level 131 but I think that might be a glitch as I wnet from Level 1 to 50 in one fight after some server issues.

I did right a huge piece, then it came up with the timed out thing that I'm now just going to say lack of content at the moment but Splatoon like drip-deeding it till September for what at least will come under the current season pass unless you earn enough fight money in game to buy DLC characters etc.

Now all I really got to do from a Single Player perspective is grind levels for trophies and do survival mode, that I'm really just waiting for some of you to pick this up for Multi Player as it's a good fighter especially if you like the Alpha series of Street Fighter.

8/10 at the moment (would be lower if you don't play online) but in September with 24 characters and a proper cinematic story mode along with 8 Player lobbies this could be a 10/10 for the fighting genre.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Tumblr_nq2audKO541rmse96o1_1280
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 20:54

I don't have anything to say about real games for real men, so I'm going to quickly go back and say that what Zero says saddens me. I kinda wanted Pokécross to be good and non-F2P-forcey, because I'm a big fan of Picross but I absolutely loathe the microtransaction pricing model. Now I'm going nowhere near it. I can see Go being a big pile of F2P poo for similar reasons.

Meanwhile Pony Island is a game I've wanted to get my hands on since Sterling gave it a 9.5/10.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:26

There's no two ways about it: Pokémon Picross wants your cash. Going for a penniless run will take months - frustrating months, filled with moments where you narrow your eyes in mild displeasure at the tactics.

I will talk about SFV, but only to say that Capcom spent so long resisting making a sequel to SFII, it now seems odd to see them burning through the Roman numerals like there's no tomorrow. Suspect
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Feb 2016 - 21:34

There was only 6 years between SFII and III, the gap between IV and V has been 8 years.

I don't think that's burning through the numbers, it's all the versions which might of made it feel like there's been so many but they say that there will only be one version of SFV.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 6:25

I haven't felt compelled to spend money on Pokémon Picross yet.

Pony Island is definitely worth a stab (as were the other emotional indy games)

Street Fighter V looks aces and I'm supremely jealous right now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Feb 2016 - 8:57

Punch-Out!! (NES)

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Baldbull

That feeling where Let's All Play turns into Let's All Played. The challenge of playing this on a NES is immense but the Wii U's save states made it Let's All Child's Play (last one, promise). A late-ish NES game, it looks really good for the console and a lot of charm has been lavished upon it. The infamous stereotypes grate somewhat but didn't detract from a fun experience that I am glad I played.

14/20
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyThu 18 Feb 2016 - 11:50

A couple of days ago I finished
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Maxresdefault

Reason I know about this game, is because of Kinda Funny and they quite liked it and even did a let's play with them making choices within the game.

I'm going to start by saying that Emily is Away is FREE and that has kinda effected what I think of the game as if I paid £4.99 then I think I would be slightly more negative but it's hard to be that negative towards something that someone has spent time making and decides to just put out there for people to experience.

Even though price shouldn't really have bearing on it, on the actual game well it's based around AOL Instant Messenger and starts in the year 2002.

I remember using AOL IM all the time back then and AOL chat rooms, there be a video game one and now I uses and do none of that also who uses AOL nowadays as people always seem to act a bit weird I say my email is @aol.co.uk but that's what I started with and used for important stuff but now I also have my gmail account.

I was talking about the game at work at breakfast and we got a 16 year old and it was like I was talking another language to her as she only knows the likes of twitter, facebook, instagram not AOL IM or MSN for instance.

On the game you start by getting a message from Emily and you can reply with one of three options then you've got to pretend to type out the response and there from there you talk about music, school and just normal things also there finishing high school which means there around 17. Okay I was 12 in 2002 but there talking about music I like or no and my buddy icon can be a blink 182 logo.

It starts with 2002 as chapter one then Chapter 2 is 2003 and so on to 2006. Over the course of the 5 years you build a relationship with Emily and met with difficulties as well, the game is a visual novel with some romance involved and as someone who's been in a long distance relationship that this game hits home a little.

The game is short about 20 minutes which is fine but I had issues with tinseling stuff with the mouse and it get's boring pressing a button to pretend to type and no matter what you say there is only one outcome.

I would recommend the game to Drunka after what he's been playing for instance and looking up the game it's website directs you to a site which host indie games with these coming up as recommend, some I've played or no of and some Drunka has played recently like I say that if any of them peaked your interest then maybe give Emily is Away a go.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 14:17

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

It's Wind Waker - I imagine most of you have played it already. It's only the changes that need discussing, then... the HDness has made things really crisp, to the point that it's almost like playing a cartoon. The Fast Sail is a double-edged sword for me: the best part of the game is the sailing (come at me, wind haters!) and to have the time spent in Boaty reduced is sad. Of course, it stops the wind altering song from being seared into your brain for the rest of time, so. Yeah.

We know about the legendary cut dungeons, right? Right. Do we think some of Puppet Ganon's final forms were intended to be bosses in those dungeons?

17/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyFri 19 Feb 2016 - 17:41

ZeroJones wrote:
We know about the legendary cut dungeons, right? Right. Do we think some of Puppet Ganon's final forms were intended to be bosses in those dungeons?

Not heard that take before, you could be right. I think most of them ended up being in Twilight Princess, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySat 20 Feb 2016 - 7:06

Most Ganondorf battles usually have two encounters with the guy, the gimmicky fight followed by the more straight-forward climatic duel, so I think the puppet stuff was probably always intended to be where it was. They might've had plans on expanding the Phantom ganon stuff like ocarina did though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptySun 21 Feb 2016 - 11:25

Athrun888 wrote:
They might've had plans on expanding the Phantom ganon stuff like ocarina did though!
Yeah, good point; I always wondered about that. When he does turn up in WW, I thought it felt a little "copy/paste" from OoT, and I wondered whether there was going be more variety in how the dude behaved.
I did enjoy playing Wind Waker HD - I think that (and this might actually be a problem) after OoT, most Zeldas are more enjoyable the second time I play them. Possibly Hype Fear.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 21:08

Drunkalilly (about Pony Island) wrote:
One thing I will say: the game advises you right at the start not to play with a trackpad, and this is very good advice. I tried to muddle through for a while, as I don't own a proper mouse, but that was fruitless. So I downloaded software to let me use a Wii remote as a mouse, but that wasn't responsive enough. In the end, I beat the game with one hand on the trackpad, and the other using the wii remote's buttons to simulate clicking. It worked, but I bet the game is a lot more fulfilling with a proper mouse.

...well damn. I was feeling like giving this a playthrough, since I've heard some great things about it... but I only have a trackpad. Does it really need a mouse? What's the problem?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyMon 22 Feb 2016 - 21:22

The majority of the game is played with the mouse, and when using the pony the left mouse button is jump and the right button is shoot. This involved some weird finger gymnastics for me, and was particularly annoying with my weird, indistinct buttons.

In fairness, a usb mouse can be bought from tesco for a couple of pounds, but I was playing late at night on a Sunday.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyWed 24 Feb 2016 - 18:11

Steamworld Heist

An absolutely superb game & I'm glad I didn't wait until it came to wii U, it's just chock-full of so much character and it's probably the most accessible strategy game I've ever played that will still give you a good challenge.

New enemy types are thrown at you at a manageable pace & are fun figuring out how to beat, the only thing I disliked was enemies in the last section of the game that had protective shields.  It'd be fine if said shields only protected that enemy but when they walk close to others they also get the shield. Mad

That aside though I highly recommend you get this. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 20:17

Aviary Attorney

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Aviary%20Attorney

AA is a Phoenix Wright-alike where you can lose the case, only the cast are zoological.  It uses old French art and Saint-Saëns' music, and it's a bit darker than PW.  It also has three radically different endings (one not yet released).  It lasts about 3 hours, getting both available endings.  But the important thing is that the writing's good, the characters are good, and there are terrible terrible puns on offer.

I found it a fun curio that filled a gap for now, but it did feel very short.  Recommended, maybe in a sale.

7/10

As a side note, since being a very young child with a brick of an Amstrad playing edutainment games, this is the first time I've finished a Nontendo game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016 - 20:31

Thought you finished likes of Gunstar Heroes?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016 - 0:03

I've done that, mas. I'd trust Balla to know what he's beaten from the Nontendo side of gaming. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next