We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rodea: The Sky Soldier

Go down 
+5
masofdas
oldschool
Admin
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 19:28

Naw, I'll just shift the Wii U version pronto so I can get as much of my money back as I can. Come to think of it, with the exception of New Super Mario Bros. U (at £49.99 on the console's launch day, because I'm in idiot), I don't think I've paid as much for a Wii U game as I will for Rodea. And it's not even the Wii U game I'm after! Sack that.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Nov 2015 - 19:49

I got this feeling it go up in price or at least won't drop.

Oh good old launch prices of games.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:29

Special edition has arrived and it looks goddamn amazing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:31

Who you order with as I only just got a text this morning saying DPD will be bringing it tomorrow, I went via NIS Europe and ordered back when it first went up.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:41

I ordered through the Nintendo UK online store, and it was dispatched on Tuesday
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 11:44

There normally good Nintendo store but at the time they didn't have it up and I didn't think they would be selling it either.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:11

Got this earlier today, and I've spent a couple of hours with the Wii version. It feels like it's from another time. Obviously, it is. I get a nostalgic feeling from it, but not so much for the Wii as I do for the Dreamcast. There's an obvious comparison to NiGHTs, but I think it's quite reminiscent of Sonic Adventure and Skies of Arcadia too.

But - BLOODY HELL - it's hard work. That camera is honking. I can be quite lenient with the pop-up, slowdown and the odd glitch, but I'm finding it really difficult to control the whole thing with the Wii Remote, camera especially. That's fine if you're Wii Play or that, but there's two home console versions of this and it seems that neither of them let you play it in what would be my preferred way: with the nunchuck too.

I'll have to spend more time with it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:22

I hate the wiimote but I hoping that it works well with it especially if the game can take 30hrs otherwise I may end up playing the Wii U version.

Surprised about the Skies reference from you Cappa as one that's a JRPG and Naka didn't work on that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:27

That's THE big NL criticism that means I'll probably never pick this up, even on the Wii version. I've got no patience for unhelpful cameras. If SM64 can't win me over with a shitey camera, no other game will.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:31

It might cost you to much anyway Balla, I've seen the collectors edition's go for over £100+ already and you would think day one editions of the standard game that come with the Wii version will also be going up after it just becomes as a standard edition.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 9:39

The camera is a struggle (playing the wii version here), but only when you go wrong. If you can play the perfect game you'll likely be fine Razz

But yes, I'm really enjoying it so far. It feels like a proper game (which is my way of saying it feels old). As I said elsewhere, gameplay wise it feels similar to Gravity Rush, which is a very good thing.

I imagine the Skies of Arcadia reference is due to the theme/style, not the gameplay. It has floating islands in the sky and airships, so the comparison is definitely there. I'd probably lean more towards Solatorobo myself.

Balladeer wrote:
That's THE big NL criticism that means I'll probably never pick this up, even on the Wii version. I've got no patience for unhelpful cameras. If SM64 can't win me over with a shitey camera, no other game will.

Well if you don't like the camera in SM64, which was perfectly fine and worked well, then you definitely won't like this Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 12:29

I guess so on skies, I unbox the limited edition which is pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:41

I played a bit of this last night on both versions and neither I would say are great, and can only agree with Cappa it needs Nunchuk & Wiimote really.

But I do really want to play Nights into Dreams and other classics SEGA games.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 15:03

I was telling masofdas yesterday how strange and rare it is that having a wii game with a Wii U game aswell. That something that does not happen towards other consoles so this game will have it's reminders in the future onwards. It will cost a lot more because of this reason alone and that it.

The limited edition itself I am not impressed as they give you rubbish stuff make from China, don't get me wrong they do make great stuff but keep your eye out for the nasty and rushed made. When it comes towards games of limited editions they give you ugly stuff towards your collections because it's a cheaper way of publishing it towards other countries which isn't worth the money you pay for it end of the day.

If your a big fan of the game when you half way through or just a collector like Chris I suggest people buy the items from Japan simple as that, you get quality stuff that been transported from there and it's the official stuff not a bot leg, fake items or tasty surprises. Life is to short to have horrible things in your life not minding getting the game.

When will they stop doing it? well properly ever as it's cheaper for them so to do unless a lot of the report on it to stop Thumbs Down...
The ones that don't have them is a lucky find indeed, I do have some that are fantastic and can't beat them but I know I won't have the same.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Nov 2015 - 22:11

I gave this another crack earlier on. I'm half way through now. Even with it's steep learning curve I feel that I'm definitely getting better at it...but there's so much else that still gets on my tits.

It's not a bad game, yet there's nothing to suggest that it's going to surpass my expectations. It feels less polished than NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams did, which wasn't without flaws itself. The fact is, most of the time Rodea The Sky Solider's core gameplay is a bit so-so.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 10:59

flora-chan wrote:
The limited edition itself I am not impressed as they give you rubbish stuff make from China, don't get me wrong they do make great stuff but keep your eye out for the nasty and rushed made. When it comes towards games of limited editions they give you ugly stuff towards your collections because it's a cheaper way of publishing it towards other countries which isn't worth the money you pay for it end of the day.

I reckon it's one of the best looking special editions I own! The art is fantastic, the box itself contains it all really nicely, and the soundtrack is ace. The art book looks really detailed and has lots of background info too, from a cursory glance. The key of time is a nice bonus too, it doesn't feel that cheap? What about it don't you like?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 11:41

Can only agree with you OR, the key of time is a little naff but was a bonus item not part of the limited edition which is all good.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 12:44

The OST is probably the best part of the special edition, games included Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodea: The Sky Soldier   Rodea: The Sky Soldier - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rodea: The Sky Soldier
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: