Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel Empty
PostSubject: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 19:48

Howdy folks!

So, I've been busy editing away at the whopping 4 hours of audio myself, Mas and Andy recorded about E3 and attempting to get it down to a listenable size and state. I'd hoped to have both episodes up tonight, but editing fatigue has set in and I'm not really feeling up to tackling our whopper episode 6 yet. But, I do have our look at the third parties at E3 available for download now!

Have a gander and download here: https://gintendo-namer.squarespace.com/podcast/2015/6/18/the-gnamer-podcast-e3-spectacular-part-one

There's a few gaffs in there - Skype noises I couldn't remove without butchering someone's audio and someone doing the dishes in the background of Andy's audio, not to mention the fact we didn't record an outro for Episode 5 (not to worry, I sorted that!) but it's a great 90 minute listen, I think.

Look out soon for the second part where we talk about the Big 3 and a very special, very funny (seriously, was in tears laughing relistening to parts of it) outtake reel.

Oh, and if you've any suggestions/criticisms of the editing, let me know! Still getting my head around Audacity, so tell me if there's anything I'm doing noticeably wrong.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sun 21 Jun 2015 - 20:54; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 20:21

Sorry for the dishes sounds Embarrassed I'll check it out later!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 20:44

It's not too bad - a couple of clatters which, to be honest, I probably only really noticed because I was going through the whole thing taking out silences and most of our many many "ummms". Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 21:30

Good work Jay
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 15:51

Just listened, great editing there Jay, couldn't believe how smooth it was! Can't wait to hear part 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 16:05

Cheers Andy!

I'd forgotten about out PC Gaming Show bantz at the end - was cracking up listening to those again. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 21:11

Howdy once again folks! Been slaving away at my laptop all evening cooking up this pair of audio files for your ears to enjoy.

Find them here: https://gintendo-namer.squarespace.com/podcast/2015/6/19/the-gnamer-podcast-e3-spectacular-part-2-the-outtake-reel

I think the Big 3 podcast is an even better listen than part one, as we'd definitely settled into a rapport during this recording. Also, and I'm going to be biased here because I put a fair amount of work into it, the outtake reel is hilarious. There's one section with Mas that has me properly laughing every time I've listened to it. Well worth your time, that one.

Some editors notes for this one: if the ending sounds a little funny, that's because (as you'll hear in the outtakes) my internet connection dropped during our ending so I had to leave and rejoin. I think I've managed to piece together an ending that doesn't refer to my partial absence, but if something seems off, that'll be why. Also, I tried a little editing joke in the outtake reel - if it falls flat on its face, than I apologise, but the opportunity was ripe for that joke.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy, and onwards to Episode 7!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 22:24

Excellent Jay also love the outakes
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 23:01

The outtakes are brilliant. Good bad work, guys! Applause
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 23:40

Cheers lads!

The section starting at 1:30 in the outtakes is my absolute highlight. Mas sounds so done by the end of it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 0:51

Jay, you are a legend! How you managed to squeeze 2 competent start and ends out of that is totally beyond me. Plus those outtakes were fantastic. I want e3 again so we can do it all over again! I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did making/listening back.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 8:16

There was a bit of manipulation going on with the ending to part 2 after I'd disconnected - there's actually a clip of you going "what about you Jay" or something to that effect that led into your Metal Gear impression, so I just took that and spliced it in after I'd rejoined the call but before I went through my E3 conference tier list.

Yeah, really was a blast recording that! Good stuff. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 10:37

For the record Jay, good call on the Sony Batman trailer. It actually is the opening...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 13:49

I figured it would be! It seemed very much like it was setting up the story, which did seem odd for PS4 exclusive content.

On another note, I don't know if it was just me, but I noticed a proper drop in enthusiasm and good feeling when we came back to record after Ninty's conference. Correlation, perhaps? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 13:54

Well yeah as it was rubbish and then Square even though showed some great things were rather tedious.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 14:22

This is like a child leaving home :'(

I will give these a good listen while I tie up loose ends and farm souls before entering Sen's Fortress again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 16:47

Drunka, take a listen to the outtake reel - you'll realise how much Mas needs you there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 20:04

Listened to the main two; good listening guys. I guess we're actually alright at this?

Currently listening to the outtakes and pissing myself. Don't worry, mas, I'll be back for the next one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel EmptyMon 22 Jun 2015 - 22:09

I bring up in the general podcast talk about 3 seems to work better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel   The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Podcast E3 Spectacular + Outtake Reel
Page 1 of 1