Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red Dead Redemption 2

Go down 
+3
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 19:38

Nah, I suck at aiming so having the aim assist has done me wonders.

That's me made into Chapter 3 at long last after fannying about for years hunting and doing side-missions. Onwards!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 19:52

I still use lock-on for when on horses/wagons as you just won't hit anything moving at that speed unless it's dead eye - free aim is definitely tough as there's this weird weapon sway if you are walking while shooting and sadly it doesn't look like it can be turned off.

So I'll use dead eye if caught in the open, kill a few then get to cover to pick my shots from there. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 19:57

I use Dead Eye for everything, even hunting. I suck so badly at the shooting in this.

I really like the fist fighting though - I've not found anything like it so far, but I hope there's a fight club or boxing club you can get involved in to scrap with some dudes penalty free.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 20:13

Aye it wise to use it for hunting because where you shoot the animal and with what weapon affects the quality of the pelt, and agreed on the fist fighting even if the game done a poor job of teaching you the controls.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 20:22

I noticed that the game tells you which to weapon to use for a clean kill in the compendium after you study an animal, which'll help if I go for some of the satchel upgrades and whatnot. Have you taken down any of the legendary animals yet? I've seen to the bear (sorry Luke) and the ram.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 21:31

I've discovered a few of them but only taken down the legendary fox, I might do some hunting for them tomorrow since I've been hitting the story missions quite a bit the last couple days.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Nov 2018 - 21:46

Supposedly there's a pretty nasty glitch that I've ran afoul of - if you do missions in a certain order right at the start of Chapter 2, you can cause John, Abigail, Jack and Sadie to disappear from the camp for anything except their scripted missions. That kinda sucks as those are characters that I'd love to have some incidental dialogue with. Aww!

I did wonder where Jack and Abigail were! I'd just presumed John was out being an outlaw.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 15:23

Had the same one but I didn't know it was a glitch till people were saying about it, as much like you Jay I thought John was out doing things and I would look at the collection box and see John paying in.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 22:50

I'm mostly finished with RDR2 with only a bit of the epilogue to finish off before I can class it as beaten. I've really enjoyed this and it's clearly GOTY in my eyes so far - Smash may steal that crown at the eleventh hour - but I'll definitely be giving this a replay at some point to play as a white hat and rinse the side content which I skipped after Chapter 3. I went full on balls to the wall with the story as it properly gripped me from Chapter 3 onwards.

I had a minor heart attack due to running into another glitch in which the game wouldn't finish loading and would hang on the loading screen indefinitely, although fortunately you could still access the menu, sort of - you couldn't see the menus except from the legend in the bottom left (like X to confirm and whatnot), but you could still navigate them, so it was possible to make a new save and load from that, which fixed the problem. So, if you'd like a tip, do not quit immediately after clearing the night-time swamp mission in Chapter 4, do something else first. Otherwise, you'll run afoul of that same glitch, seemingly.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 23:22

I'll keep this vague but since you are not fully done with it but I wish the Epilogue was handled a little differently, still that aside it didn't stop this from being a great game.

I'm going for the 100% completion now & my god is some of it mind-numbingly boring, like the hunting requests for the smallest birds/squirrels etc (perfect ones at that) if any of you are going for it as well definitely have something to watch/listen to or you'll go mad. There is good stuff in there as well like those challenges or replaying missions for golds but to me it makes more sense to save the fun stuff for last.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 8:15

I really liked the epilogue, my only issue really is the fact RDR1 exists Laughing

I'll probably go for the 100 emoji at some point, but I decided I'd rather wait until I want to return to the world as a special treat, rather than getting a quick dip in the quality of gameplay.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 19:32

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I really liked the epilogue, my only issue really is the fact RDR1 exists Laughing

Full epilogue spoilers :
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 22:41

Ah fair enough, in that case I 100% agreed, I thought your suggestion was actually going to be the case until it happened.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 11:07

The_Jaster wrote:
I'll keep this vague but since you are not fully done with it but I wish the Epilogue was handled a little differently, still that aside it didn't stop this from being a great game.

I'm going for the 100% completion now & my god is some of it mind-numbingly boring, like the hunting requests for the smallest birds/squirrels etc (perfect ones at that) if any of you are going for it as well definitely have something to watch/listen to or you'll go mad. There is good stuff in there as well like those challenges or replaying missions for golds but to me it makes more sense to save the fun stuff for last.

Why not... not do it? I remember GTAV being awful with the submarine collectibles, I just didn't both at all
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 12:25

OrangeRakoon wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Why not... not do it? I remember GTAV being awful with the submarine collectibles, I just didn't both at all

I still enjoy roaming about the world and good or bad I want to see everything the game has to offer, though I did stop doing the hunting requests after the second (3 more to go) so I could do other things.

----

When playing last night and letting loose like a proper bandit and racking up the bounties for a trophy I decided to rob a train, all was going to plan as I went from carriage to carriage collecting passengers money and some jewellery.

After a shoot out with the train guards and lawmen I go about looting their bodies then hop off the train when all of a sudden I hear the roar of a big fuck off grizzly bear that's charging toward me from the trees so I about turn and head back onto the train hopping up to the roof just in case it can get inside. Not wanting to kill it I sit up there for about 10 minutes until it disappears, the random shit that happens in this game really is something else. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2