Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 10:44

I've toyed with the idea of going fully digital in the past, but it just makes sense on the Switch for me now. The fact I'm gonna have my Switch on the go means I'm going to want the likes of Mario Kart and Spla2n to hand at all times, and as I'm gonna be on the move a bit more going forwards, having a big physical collection is impractical.

I do get a fair bit of local multiplayer played. At the moment, I'm more likely to enjoy a party game than a straight co-op, but that will probably swing the other way when I move home for a few months.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 12:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is downloading! It's gonna take more than an hour, though, so I'm going to bed.
I also bought Kamiko so I've got about £37 left on my Switch. I'm currently thinking Graceful Explosion Machine and one of either Snipperclips or Jackbox Party. I'll probably wait until the meet, and play Jay's copy of Jackbox. No point buying Snippers until I'm sure I've got a co-op partner lined up.

You should definitely pick up GEM.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 16:05

If you're planning to go mainly digital Drunka, don't forget the other eShops are a thing as you could have been playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday by downloading from the Japanese store and it's cheaper as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:07

I can definitely see the appeal of going digital only with the Switch but there's still a few things that put me off, which are: Nintendo still not tying games to your account rather than the system & lastly, which is a personal thing, I often forget which digital titles I own so I end up playing them far less than physical games I have on a shelf.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:14

I find that all the time Jas, as I've got a game digital I sort of forget about it or think I'll come back to it after playing whatever physically.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 17:17

masofdas wrote:
If you're planning to go mainly digital Drunka, don't forget the other eShops are a thing as you could have been playing Mario Kart 8 yesterday by downloading from the Japanese store and it's cheaper as well.

Yeah, I was going to buy Kamiko on the Japanese store actually. I put money on my account back on Payday though so I spent that for the time being. I will set up other accounts laterz.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:00

The_Jaster wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is downloading! It's gonna take more than an hour, though, so I'm going to bed.
I also bought Kamiko so I've got about £37 left on my Switch. I'm currently thinking Graceful Explosion Machine and one of either Snipperclips or Jackbox Party. I'll probably wait until the meet, and play Jay's copy of Jackbox. No point buying Snippers until I'm sure I've got a co-op partner lined up.

Why, is it a ge- (is forcibly exploderated)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:48

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Why, is it a ge- (is gracefully exploderated)

Fixed.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyFri 28 Apr 2017 - 20:57

In other news, the Switch got referred to at work as 'the Balladeer thing' today (only using my real name, natch). I was quite touched. I then proceeded to bring it out so that people could try holding a Joy-Con. Next step: office Mario Kart games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 10:26

Do it. Grin

~~~

In other news, I've read rumblings on Twitter from folk who are anxious for Nintendo to show more of their hand when it comes to Switch games ("There's Super Mario Odyssey and nothing else for the holiday season!" is something I saw, as if Nintendo would allow that to happen). It's almost as if The Big N were keeping something back for some sort of gaming exhibition that might be coming up in less than two months... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:01

Speaking of, they've announced they won't be doing a big conference this year. Can't say I'm surprised, their more recent tactic of a big Direct followed by Treehouse streams is far more interesting. They're showing the world how E3 should be done: less whooping and bragging, more fun and more games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:16

So long as they do it like they did in 2014, rather than '15 or even '16 (when it was still good, but SMO won't have quite the same level of maintaining interest I don't think), I'll be happy.  

But even before then we've got Spla2n, Xenoblade 2, and SMO all coming out this year.  That's a banger of a year without anything else!  Some people are never satisfied. Neutral
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 11:57

It does beggar belief somewhat when the Switch has already had possibly the best open world game yet and an improved iteration of one of the best local/online multiplayer games Nintendo had on their previous home console. The pair of them would keep me going until 2018 on their own. Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySat 29 Apr 2017 - 16:19

I think people just like to know what they're investing their money in and getting more then two Wii U games, a niche JPRG, Splat2 and SMO. I think that's how some will see it but then I think the ones that played or would have played the two Wii U games are the hardcore Nintendo fan who'll buy a Switch anyway like us lot.

How many of us and just bought a remaster of a 3 year old game?

@Drunka I argue Sony did a excellent job last year on how to do it with a stage, with trailer after trailer and hardly any peeps on stage part from Kojima.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptySun 30 Apr 2017 - 11:16

Double Post

Miss Rodgers posted some news on Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on her blog in a Q&A, also she says this will be the last sort of news she does as she's focusing on making games instead now.

Also she reposted her bingo card for the January reveal and she was right about loads, now.

Link to the info
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyMon 1 May 2017 - 23:09

masofdas wrote:

Also she reposted her bingo card for the January reveal and she was right about loads, now.

SHE WAS WRONG ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL THOUGH GODDAMMIT

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 ZZUHLdF
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 10:14

She might still be though, hopefully at E3 this year and we learn about the VC for Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 12:48

Launching the VC with something like Mother 3 might be a good way to make people give a damn.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 20:58

There's never been a better machine to deal with both handheld and home console VC. Let's hear it (at E3?), Nintendo!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 21:14

Drunkalilly wrote:
Launching the VC with something like Mother 3 might be a good way to make people give a damn.

I will literally buy Super Mario Bros., the original Legend of Zelda and fucking Tennis on NES on their Virtual Console if it gets them to bring Mother 3 over to the West. It's been long enough since I've last played it that I can revisit it without it feeling stale, especially as there'll be plenty of chat about the game from new players at that point. I'm fully expecting to hear plenty of blasphemous shit-talking of the game as it's a JRPG, but I simply won't care as I'll be getting to play my favourite game officially in English for the first time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 21:12

Muss wrote:
For me, the only problem was that I enjoyed it so much that whatever I played a different game afterwards they felt a bit hollow for a while.

Muss posted this about Life is Strange, but it's a good reflection of how I felt for a while after playing BotW.  It was such a grand game that I knew whatever I played afterwards (in one-player anyway) would be tripe - no, feel tripe - in comparison.  I needed a good five days to get over the after-effects and dare to sample another game.  

Fortunately that's now worn off and I can play MK8D.  But still, that's a mark of how brill BotW is.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 22:40

I think when you play a game that is genuinely something special, you'll definitely need either some time away from games to let it settle like a good meal or a palate cleanser in the style of a game from a totally different genre. Both Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 were such games for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 22:58

Lots of games have given me that: Dark Souls, the Mass Effect Trilogy and The Last of Us spring to mind. Breath of the Wild was particularly bad though. I don't think I'm out of the funk yet, to be honest. I've been able to enjoy Mario Kart and similarly casual fair, but other games I've tried to get properly into have felt like chores stopping me from further exploring Hyrule.

Not only was it the best game ever, but everyone I know was playing it. It dominated my life and I still think about it loads.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 0:42

Balladeer wrote:
Muss wrote:
For me, the only problem was that I enjoyed it so much that whatever I played a different game afterwards they felt a bit hollow for a while.

Muss posted this about Life is Strange, but it's a good reflection of how I felt for a while after playing BotW.  It was such a grand game that I knew whatever I played afterwards (in one-player anyway) would be tripe - no, feel tripe - in comparison.  I needed a good five days to get over the after-effects and dare to sample another game.  

Fortunately that's now worn off and I can play MK8D.  But still, that's a mark of how brill BotW is.

Interesting that you bring up MK8D. For me its nature lends itself to being a go to game for relieving BotW-esque hangovers. Then again, you'd know as well as anyone how good MK8 was so your abstinence from MK8D really does speak to how much you must have got out of BotW.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 EmptyWed 10 May 2017 - 10:49

Breath of the Wild has got me thinking about the next Zelda, where can they go from their to improve the game? Sure more of the same would be nice but they've set the bar so high that I can see some disappointment if the next next one doesn't blow us all away, still, If anyone can do it...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next