Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 0:11

Because when it comes to Pro SMASH, you need a GameCube controller.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 8:48

Not when you have my sick skillz.

Anyway, it's all about the Gamecube VC for me, hopefully a sign that's on the way.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 9:24

It be a great announcement in a Christmas sort of direct with there out now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 19:52

masofdas wrote:

Jas, when I say I don't mind if people are chuffed, the attitude of the professional Smash community is the one exception. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 20:46

Yeah, I personally couldn't give a flying fook about any games pro scene either.......back on the wii I tried using the classic controller for Smash bros brawl and I was just god awful with it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 21:00

I had friends who insisted on a GC controller on Brawl/ Wii U but I was pretty happy with a Classic/ pro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 25 Oct 2017 - 23:10

Wii Remote and Nunchuck is the only true way for a Pro.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 8:48

Powered up the Switch this morning... nothing. Checked the HDMI cable, undocked the blighter, held down the Power button... still nothing. Lightly panicked, I went onto the Internet and found that you have to hold the unit's power button down for twelve seconds before it'll completely power down. Shocked I suppose that's to make accidental power downs that much harder to achieve. Eh? Still, we're A-OK now. Tingle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 19:49

What a day it would be for it to die... That said, are you picking up SMO, Zero? I know you don't always get all the big games straight away, and of course you've got something big on tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:00

I've had that a few times since I've started playing Mario + Rabbids - it sort-of switches on, but there's nothing but black on the screen. However, it's always worked OK after yer mega-restart there.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:09

Balladeer wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Jas, when I say I don't mind if people are chuffed, the attitude of the professional Smash community is the one exception. Razz

Aw hey, come on now - the Smash community are a genuinely nice bunch of folks. I follow the scene pretty closely, and they couldn't give a toss about what type of controller you use - the reason the Cube controller has lasted as long as it has is because a lot of the community started either with Melee (simple reason there) or with Brawl, where the Cube controller was an easy option due the Wii having Cube ports on top of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:10

To be fair I've got no real grievance with them, hence the emote. Only those people who say SSBM remains the best game in the series.

(deliberately omits emote)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:13

👋
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:21

I prefer to play Smash for 3DS, but I prefer to watch Melee due to how much faster it is with all your wavedashing and things I'll never be able to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 20:22

Jimbob wrote:
I've had that a few times since I've started playing Mario + Rabbids - it sort-of switches on, but there's nothing but black on the screen. However, it's always worked OK after yer mega-restart there.

Was this only happening since the 4.0 update? If so it might have been that HDMI issue but that has now been sorted in recent system update.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 26 Oct 2017 - 21:04

Oh! I should really pay attention. Cheers for that
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 1:26

I had some bad and weird crashes with Mario + Rabbids at first but it's been okay since.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyFri 27 Oct 2017 - 8:28

The 4.0.1 update was mocked by the NL guys for introducing more stability - they must not have been using their Switches all that much if they couldn't appreciate that it was actually needed! Duh!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptySun 29 Oct 2017 - 12:53

Just recorded a video for NSG looking at the games coming to Switch in November at retail, it has 30 games from the regions combined.

When was a last time a Nintendo system had that many games at once, maybe the Wii & DS during the shovelware days plus we've got eShop games now as well on top of those 30 games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 12:03

Double Post

And I'm talking Salezzz as Ubisoft have just announced for the last quarter games on Switch accounted for 19% of sales, that is 1% less then Xbox One and think how many more games are on that from Ubisoft with Mario+Rabbids way above exceptions.

Other good news Namco have said there games have done well on Switch and they plan to bring more to the system with 3 exclusive games to come. I would gather one of these will be the exclusive Tales of game which was announced back in January. Also people are not sure if like a Dark Souls Switch edition with a Link costume ala Skyrim would count as an exclusive.

They also said about FighterZ which I think loads want on Switch, that they're waiting for sells of Xenoverse to die down first, which hopefully means it will come but then with Battle Tag coming seems it might have to find a good time and place.

Capcom also seem slightly more on board with both MHXX and USF2 doing great numbers with them saying it takes time to develop for a system, hence nothing else really yet.

Both of Namco and Capcom said they thought the Switch wouldn't be a success and they didn't want to put to much resource into developing games, if they won't sale.

All this seems great news for Switch (why here and not salezzz thread) and we have even more games to enjoy on the Switch in the future.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 19:53

Did someone bet against Nintendo? Dance I guess the Wii U gave everyone pause, though, to be fair. Anyway, more games and more support attracts more gamers who will attract more publishers who will... you already know this. Cool

I wouldn't turn down a Switch Tales game. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyWed 8 Nov 2017 - 20:27

Hopefully that will be a good'un.

Take Two and Square have also pledged to bring more, basically the only one that isn't is EA and heard nothing about Activision.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptyThu 9 Nov 2017 - 6:39

EA are a proud people and will take some persuasion. Aww!

Anyway, hearty yeses to more Square Enix games on the little system that could. Cool
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 7:08

Speaking of Capcom... was that a confirmation of Ace Attorney on the Nintendo Switch?! Dance Cool Tingle Not Guilty! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 EmptySat 11 Nov 2017 - 8:56

Athena Cykes: Ace Attorney please!  About time she got her moment in the spotlight properly.  And about time we had a decent female attorney who has the good sense to cover up in court.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next