Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Disney Afternoon Collection

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The Disney Afternoon Collection Empty
PostSubject: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 20:44

Some Capcom dick wrote:

90s kids, rejoice! The Disney Afternoon Collection revisits DuckTales, Rescue Rangers & more retro classics on 4/18

Quite surprised to see a collection like this. It gives you hope for the future, hope that someone will package together all those superb 16-bit Disney platformers from the Mega Drive and SNES. Right enough, it's yet more Americanised NEStalgia, bit in fairness the DuckTales games are quite good, as was Darkwing Duck, and Rescue Rangers was a firm favourite back when you could play NES games on a Bebo profile widget. The price is quite reasonable too - under twenty quid. Not on the Switch of course, because that makes sense.

Anyone else interested?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 21:31

It is way beyond time for something exactly like this, for all those licensed games that have been lost to history (or not). If I could get on this, then I totally would. Completely agree with you, Cappa, about the future possibilities being more exciting. Love
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 9:52

I don't really have any NEStalgia for these but if these lead to a 16-Bit collection then I'm down with that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:56

I have some good memories of DuckTales/Rescue Sevco Rangers & I haven't played the others so I'm well up for this - massive shame it isn't coming to Switch though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyThu 16 Mar 2017 - 21:07

The_Jaster wrote:
Sevco

"oOoOoH THE GLASGAY BANTER!"

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 9:51

It's really weird in the last few years with the NES engine being broadly slapped across other consoles now. Talespin sucked arse (the game that is), but the others are all pretty good - I'd still get this I think! (Although I agree with you, Kid - This should be a Switch game)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 21:59

It's a bit pish how much of Nintendo's old history isn't on their modern consoles. You can understand it with Perfect Dark and all that, but there's no excuse for something like this not coming out on something like the Switch. These games aren't aimed at folks who've got Infinite Warfare and GTA V on their shelves, they're aimed at the types of fannies who'll pay 50 bastarding quid for Bomberman in 2017 - fannies like me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 6:57

If the install base gets big enough, they will come. Er, I expect. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection EmptyMon 20 Mar 2017 - 10:03

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
It's a bit pish how much of Nintendo's old history isn't on their modern consoles. You can understand it with Perfect Dark and all that, but there's no excuse for something like this not coming out on something like the Switch. These games aren't aimed at folks who've got Infinite Warfare and GTA V on their shelves, they're aimed at the types of fannies who'll pay 50 bastarding quid for Bomberman in 2017 - fannies like me.

They're aimed at the NEStalgia or those wanting to go back and play some retro games etc sure this would suit the Switch more and why I'm buying Sonic Mania on Switch as it suits the system.

But how many of the NEStalgia lot still play and pick up Nintendo systems, every home system bar the Wii the install base has dropped and the others have gone up and now the PS4ONE now have a combined install base of 90m (Then what ever STEAM is on top) and not all of those are just your COD and GTA lot, a percentage of the install base will be the NEStalgia lot or just want to play some classic retro games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Disney Afternoon Collection   The Disney Afternoon Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

The Disney Afternoon Collection
Page 1 of 1