Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 10:50

Is it empty though as that's a possible 13 Nintendo published games over 12 months, I think 1 a month is a decent amount along with others I've mentioned etc that help build the library.

Guess the real issue is a lot our ports or remasters, which for most people will be fine as WiiU basically didn't happen and the Mario games are so beloved.

Also thinking about it Nintendo trying to get a game out a month is impressive as you don't see that really on the other two systems but then again guess likes of Res Evil 3 makes up for that.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 12:27

Get paid £500 to play Switch fitness games for an hour a day for a month

There are only 4 spaces but still, you get a coveted Ring Fit for your troubles... and £500
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 14:03

It does feel like the 35th anniversary needs to be celebrated soon, given nearly half the year has passed by.

With Paper Mario making the cut, the reams of predicted Mario titles will need to show up soon. Mas' landscape for the rest of 2020 doesn't make for tear-able reading, but the silence is another one of Nintendo's poor traits. Not looking like a stacked year, but Paper Mario, Xenoblade and Animal Crossing shows the year hasn't yet gone to shreds.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 18:56

Laughing Applause Laughing Applause Laughing

Take that, Turnip Chat.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 19:05

Balladeer wrote:
Laughing Applause Laughing Applause Laughing

Take that, Turnip Chat.

Think I've now gone almost all week without playing Animal Crossing and have less desire to play as well at the moment, but certainly see me jumping back when events happen etc
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 19:05

@ balla Then it's ruined by the current tagline. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 15 May 2020 - 19:07

The next tagger's going to be another GJones pun belter, don't you worry.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptySun 17 May 2020 - 14:04

Muss wrote:
Get paid £500 to play Switch fitness games for an hour a day for a month

There are only 4 spaces but still, you get a coveted Ring Fit for your troubles... and £500
So they'll give you Ring Fit Adventure and then pay you enough to buy a second on eBay? I might genuinely apply to this (if I still can) I'm eager to get Ring Fit Adventure with the intention of playing everyday anyway so this could kill 2 birds with one stone.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 20:29

This post is for Balladeer, mainly, but anyone else who is interested in Tales of Vesperia chat too I guess!

Basically I was bored and looking at old posts of mine, and I found this one from June 2014 in which I rated Tales of Vesperia 8/10 in the (I think) OG "Last game you finished and your thoughts" thread. I've quoted it below - I thought it was funny that almost exactly 6 years ago I was pre-empting Balla coming in to poo on the Tales series!

Super sexy Rum wrote:
My first Tales game was Tales of Symphonia. It was amazing. It's one of my favourite games ever. It had some typical RPG tropes but it also had themes of racism and betrayal, and a brilliant battle system. Since then I've played its sequel, Dawn of the New World (mediocre), Tales of the Abyss (good fun - Balladeer, if you come here just to moan about it again I'm sending you a poo in the post) and Tales of Vesperia.

Vesperia wasn't as good as Symphonia. It did a lot of things well: the battle system, the fully-voiced, well-acted skits, and colourful world. The story was not so bueno. Symphonia painted a picture of its worlds well, and you followed the plot reasonably easily - minus some stumbling blocks. Abyss didn't really make any sense and threw a few too many nonsense words around all the time, and Vesperia has fallen into the same trap. Basically, you get powerful crystals called "blastia" which power stuff - barriers to keep cities safe from monsters, accessories for warriors to fight better, etc. When it comes to aer, the Adephagos, Entelexeia, and how everything fits together, you're as well giving up.

What's nice, though, is that Yuri, the protagonist, is more of an antihero than Symphonia's Lloyd, and less of a twat than Abyss's Luke. It also had a dog who smokes a pipe, and some good plot twists (I think - it's hard to say when you're not sure what the plot is). Its fighting system is deep and there's a lot of time to be wasted making new weapons and setting skills and stuff.

The ending was a bit rubbish though.

Symphonia set the bar too high.   Aww!

8/10

Reading that back, it doesn't sound like an 8/10 game, but I do love a Tales game in spite of myself. And, also in spite of myself, I may still buy it when it is inevitably on sale on the eShop again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 21:38

It was specifically Abyss I was pooping on. As long as Vesperia doesn't make me be Messenger Boy over Gaming's Dullest Overworld [citation needed] I'm likely to be keener on it than I was on Abyss.

That is pretty damning-with-faint-praise though! A deep customisation system doesn't lend itself particularly well to co-op, and a rubbish ending is not something to work towards...
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 21:50

Balladeer wrote:
It was specifically Abyss I was pooping on.  As long as Vesperia doesn't make me be Messenger Boy over Gaming's Dullest Overworld [citation needed] I'm likely to be keener on it than I was on Abyss.

Wait, you didn't care for Abyss? I never knew!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 22:08

I kept it fairly well hidden, I'm aware. I don't tend to talk about it much when I really like or really don't like a game - I should probably be more insistent in putting my opinions across.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 10:17

Balladeer wrote:
I kept it fairly well hidden, I'm aware.  I don't tend to talk about it much when I really like or really don't like a game - I should probably be more insistent in putting my opinions across.

What's your thoughts on Celeste Balladeer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 10:22

It’s bollocks mate, go play Dark Souls instead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 10:25

I mean, if you haven't played DS and you're choosing between the two . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 13:24

...meet in the middle and play Hollow Knight?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 14:26

^
The correct take.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptySat 23 May 2020 - 9:53

This song about meeting in the middle was being played on the radio a lot when I moved to Japan. I don't remember if I mentioned it here, but it kinda sounds like Ribbon Girl's Theme to me? The stage in the music video even looks like her stage.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 0:47

Is anyone aware of Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling? Currently on 91% on Metacritic at the time of writing and several critics seem to be hailing it as the Paper Mario that fans of the first two games always wanted. I hadn't heard anything about it until today!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyFri 29 May 2020 - 8:05

Some people on GRcade were pretty keen on it and Yahtzee gave it the usual drubbing a while ago, but those early scores and my fondness for (one of) the early Paper Marios are the last straw.  Will be downloading it later.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptySat 30 May 2020 - 20:15

Remember seeing it the other week and thought it looked neat so very likely to download, actually more interested in this than the anything else released this past week.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptySun 21 Jun 2020 - 17:08

I wish this was on the Switch. I've been enjoying some Slay the Spire on Switch, which is the perfect platform for a deck-building rogue-like games. Add in a monster training twist and I'd be even more down.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptySun 21 Jun 2020 - 18:34

Yeah I saw this a couple weeks or so ago and thought the same thing. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 18:34

Makes me wish I hadn't passed up on Baten Kaitos back in the day. I really got on with Steamworld Quest and would love to try my hand (ohoho) at something similar.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 7:51

Was it not only the third one that was a card game? Or am I conflating Baiten Kaitos and Phantasy Star Online
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 28 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next