Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 15:13

I didn't spot that among the games. Laughing Is it even a joke if the intended target doesn't see it?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 21:56

Balladeer wrote:

JayMoyles wrote:
1: SSBU

I think I've done something with my Japanese account otherwise I'd imagine MHXX would slot in at #2.

I'm slightly surprised it's only number 2!  Has it all been online Smash for you Jay?

Nope, it's mostly been cycling through the cast grinding out against LVL 9 CPUs. I like to be at least passably good with everybody - me and my brother try and do Iron Men contests where the goal is to start at the top of the roster and get a win with each character before you can move onto the next, so having a grasp of everybody is key for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 22:01

Ah yes, the good ol' level 9 CPU battle, staple of at least ten years of my life! One-on-one, or four-way free-for-all?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 22:03

One-on-one mainly!

Part of my playtime was spent nabbing all the Spirits too, so I've rinsed that game of content. I just love playing - I described it to Andy when we were playing some online battles as "my forever game". I know I can always fire it up for a few battles and I'll have fun each time I do so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 22:09

D'aww. Yep, me too. Smash has always had that appeal, the ability to dip into a lv. 9 battle and know it'll be slightly different and fun every time. The only other games that have ever come close have been Mario Tennis (the original) and [REDACTED for overuse].
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 19 Apr 2019, 22:10

Yep! I think that's why the 3DS and Switch versions have appealed to more than SSBB or SSBM ever did - the immediacy of being able to leave the console on sleep mode and fire it up to be playing within seconds is so convenient for how I play Smash.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019, 17:53

Balladeer wrote:
I'm surprised that Octopath came so low!  I thought it was a 'go big or go home' sort of game.

It's mainly because I completed a few characters' second chapters, and found myself getting a little bored...! I'll probably go back to it but I fancied a change to something that was a bit less gruelling (I ended up beating Shantae instead).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019, 17:58

Balladeer wrote:
I didn't spot that among the games. Laughing Is it even a joke if the intended target doesn't see it?

I make jokes for my own amusement, I couldn't care less if you see them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019, 19:49

I just read Jay's write up a page back. I've been looking for a copy of The World Ends With You for a while on switch. Going to buy a preowned ds copy off ebay now.
Easier to sneak it into work too Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019, 18:36

Nice one! If you're willing to shell out for it, I think you'll end up enjoying it much more than the Switch version. The only clear downsides to the DS version is the quality of the music files and missing some of the new content from Final Remix, but the art style still holds up in my eyes and the superior battling on DS will more than make up for the other downsides.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019, 20:31

I hope it'll be a nice send off for my 3ds as I'm unlikely to go back for it for anything else
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019, 21:06

OrangeRakoon wrote:
You can archive physical games too right? If you archive them they take up next to no space but still appear
Wish I'd done this, the only one on my list that I think is missing off here due to not archiving is Splatoon 2 and Dragin Quest Builders, gonna do it from now on anyway.

Anyway here's my lazy version of my most played
I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 Img_2015
Mario + Rabbids and Monopoly are two that are influenced by my partner also playing them, the rest is all me. Yes that includes Fortnite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019, 19:45

BOO! FILTHY CASUAL.

Rum Rapture wrote:
It's mainly because I completed a few characters' second chapters, and found myself getting a little bored...! I'll probably go back to it but I fancied a change to something that was a bit less gruelling (I ended up beating Shantae instead).

That's... probably not unfair. Some of the stories are darn good and kept me going through it, but the gameplay and dungeons can get a bit... muh.

Drunkalilly wrote:
...I couldn't care less if you see them.

Sad why must you be so cruel
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 14:38

Balladeer wrote:
You read it here first, folks!  

(prepares lynching equipment for if Mas is wrong)

I was sort of right as Persona is coming to Switch but not what I thought but as
I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 D5ADbA2X4AE1Gdb

Which is Musou game from Koei Tecmo, that I am keen on but with only one other Persona 5 trademark left which I think is A = Arena? that I can't see Persona 5 coming to Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 19:01

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 Tenor

Yes that's not a good trade.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 20:01

Joker is now in three games on Nintendo systems Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 22:14

Ha, that's me chuffed! I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I'd really struggle to see myself rebuying P5 for a small chunk of new content, but I'll be all over a Persona Musou game. Sign me up. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 22:18

Whereas I'm pretty gutted, but mostly just because it prevents my Ninty-centric mind justifying Joker's existence in Smash. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 22:24

I can't wait till the next character is Lara Croft or something for SMASH.

I'm pleased about both Persona 5's coming as Royal seems to have a load of new content that I'll play that and I do like a Musou game when set in a universe I like.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 22:24

I'm fully expecting it to be chuffing Master Chief or someone. Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019, 22:39

I really hope it's Chief. I want to see the piss boil. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019, 19:09

I still think Joker being in SMASH is to represent Atlus more than anything especially with P5 selling 2.7m, that has to be Atlus best selling game and makes more sense to be in SMASH over Jack Frost.

That Master Chief wouldn't be out of the question if they want what best represents Microsoft, even though I do think it will be more like Level-5 and Koei Tecmo getting someone into SMASH over MS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2019, 21:21

On a serious note, I reckon we'll be getting Banjo and Kazooie to double up as a MS and Rare rep.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySat 27 Apr 2019, 22:15

Would make sense as Spencer has said he wants them in, MS have re-trademarked them along with rumours of a new game, they have Nintendo history but would they just be like Duck Hunt? Plus I think Steve from Minecraft is more likely.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019, 11:01

masofdas wrote:
I still think Joker being in SMASH is to represent Atlus

Should have been one of the Snowboard Kids.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 15 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 38  Next