Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 25 Sep 2020 - 2:20

Was happy to see them add DKC2 so soon after the first game. Looks like we'll have DKC3 before long as well.

I'm pretty happy with the current line-up and what may come later, like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG among those mentioned. What I'd really like though - and I know this is unlikely - is for Nintendo to translate Fire Emblems 1-4 and get them on the NES/SNES apps. Heck I'd buy them as a collection separately.

I'm not sure if they'd do an N64 app anymore after 3D All Stars since I can't imagine it not having SM64, and they would get some flak for releasing it on the app for 'free'. Then again it would be the only way for new Switch owners to play it after the collection is delisted (apart from buying overpriced pre-owned copies) and they already went to the effort of making an N64 emulator for it so I dunno.

Then there are the 3DS versions of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask which I suspect will get ported to Switch either separately or as part of a collection. Can't imagine an N64 app without those games.

I think a Gameboy app is probably next.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 10:59

I reckon you're right on N64, which is a bloody shame - especially given how SM64 was barely freshened up at all in 3D All Stars. Game Boy would be a good shout.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:10

Will be interesting what happens knowing NERD have got N64, Cube and Wii emulator's working on Switch that surely has to be used for just the three Mario games.

It's going to be OoT, MM and Skyward Sword in a Zelda package isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:11

Or OoT, MM, WW, and TP - just lifting the 3D/HD versions and giving the 3D ones more pixels.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 11:33

That would be better but this is Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 20:03

I think if we'll only get 3 for the Zelda collection much like the Mario one, Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess with Skyward Sword getting the separate release and Majora's Mask being banished to our memories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 20:05

Surely they'd port WiiU verisons of WW and TP. Which leaves N64 verisons of OoT, MM and Wii of Skyward.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 20:17

There's value in a Skyward Remake/Remaster as it's not been done so can't see it being in a collection and if I were to play a Zelda All Stars I'd expect it to span across the history of consoles and feature 3 of the most well known, if you were gonna have any two missing from the collection MM and SS make the most sense.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 26 Sep 2020 - 22:35

Well Zelda, Zelda II and LttP are already on Switch that it's either the handheld games which we do have Links Awakening or the other console ones which would be OoT, MM, WW, TP, SS.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2020 - 3:03

My guess would be Ocarina, WW, TP and maybe MM as a collection, SS getting a fully new release.
That's if they decide to give us HD ones. If they're just bunging them on a card like 3D All-Stars, I think it'll be all the 3D ones from OoT to Skyward Sword.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:23

Kriken wrote:
What I'd really like though - and I know this is unlikely - is for Nintendo to translate Fire Emblems 1-4 and get them on the NES/SNES apps. Heck I'd buy them as a collection separately.
Oh my god they're actually doing it.

For the first Fire Emblem at least. An officially translated version of it coming this December. But maybe we'll be getting the rest at some point too.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201022005477/en/Fire-Emblem-Shadow-Dragon-the-Blade-of-Light-Arrives-in-the-U.S.-for-the-First-Time-on-Dec.-4
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:16

When I first saw that, I thought 'hauld on, it's limited edition for four months?', and then thought 'really hauld on a fucking minute, they're charging for it?!?'. It's a cool thing for the series' many fans, but I can't help but wonder what Nintendo are playing at here.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 17:20

Yeah it's another limited release which sucks. All the anniversary releases seem to be doing that these days.

Also yeah it's a little over £5 which is silly for a NES game on its own, but it's also just £5 so meh. I'll bite. Want to encourage them to release translations of the others.

It's great at least to see them add a few quality of life features. Didn't see everything they added but the options are fairly modular. More than I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 22 Oct 2020 - 19:57

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
When I first saw that, I thought 'hauld on, it's limited edition for four months?', and then thought 'really hauld on a fucking minute, they're charging for it?!?'. It's a cool thing for the series' many fans, but I can't help but wonder what Nintendo are playing at here.

The limited period ends at the end of the fiscal year. The cynic in me thinks that Nintendo's had a below-targets year (due to factors that have largely been outside its control) and is looking at short term profits. (I don't really mind them charging because there's obviously more work gone into it than your average NSO NES game.)

But yep, it's a bobbins premise and it needs to stop. Happily nothing that's been on limited release so far has tempted me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020 - 20:05

The first FE game really isn't much fun - it's a neat curio, but it misses a lot of the trappings that made the series fun in my eyes. I don't even think it has the weapon triangle system.

Besides, I really don't want to support this artificial scarcity Nintendo seem to be infatuated with right now. Physical releases? Sure, I get it. Limited digital releases... eh? No, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020 - 22:47

Three Houses doesn't have the weapon triangle system either. I don't think its absence is a big deal and there's depth in the game elsewhere.

I actually don't think FE1 has aged that badly. I have two main issues with the game and I think the re-release may have addressed at least one of them. Firstly the cursor is so slow, making moving units around slow. This also affects the enemy phase, which you can't skip. But now you can raise the speed of certain parts of the game.

The other issue which will still probably be a problem is the lack of information you get before a possible attack. Having to remember stuff like all the different weapon weights to get an accurate battle forecast is an issue. However, you do get a feel for what's what as you play, and I guess not being entirely sure what's going to happen can spice things up a bit.

There's at least the option to rewind turns, which isn't a perfect solution, but it's nice to have here and there if you get really unlucky. And the game has some ambush spawns later on which are BS - I'd feel perfectly entitled to rewind so I'm prepared for them.

There are some cool unique things about FE1, like a unit which can turn into other units a la ditto (for a number of turns), a staff late in the game which can revive a dead unit, and there are some aspects to the game which you'd maybe not expect to be in the first game - like promotion, which is here, and an alternate route of sorts (if you don't meet certain requirements, you won't get the Falchion for Marth).

Now of course the game has been remade for DS and, yeah, the remake is very faithful and is better in pretty much every way. The main gameplay difference is that you can reclass all your units into most other classes, which is a bit of a random addition, but it's fun. Unfortunately though, it seems to be very expensive these days.

Just my take on the game though. As I said limited releases suck, especially when it applies to digital copies. For this, 3D All Stars or any other game. So I don't blame anyone for not wanting to support that.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 13:32

Balladeer wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

The limited period ends at the end of the fiscal year.  The cynic in me thinks that Nintendo's had a below-targets year (due to factors that have largely been outside its control) and is looking at short term profits.  (I don't really mind them charging because there's obviously more work gone into it than your average NSO NES game.)

But yep, it's a bobbins premise and it needs to stop.  Happily nothing that's been on limited release so far has tempted me.

I doubt they would below targets as I'm sure they upped Switch anticipated numbers for 2020 and games be it ACNH or Mario 3DAS have sold/selling really well that think when we see the fiscal report in December it be good.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 14:57

My theory for 3D All Stars being a limited release both physically and digitally is that they wanted to bolster Switch sales ahead of and during this period of PS/Xbox next gen consoles being released. The demographics for the consoles are a bit different but still, if you fancy getting a Switch for it you may hold off buying another console if you're interested in both.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 1:45

I think it's pretty cool they're releasing otherwise unavailable games (see also: Starfox 2).
I think it's a shame they're charging for this one; I probably won't bother.

The limited releases thing doesn't faze me because that's so common here in Japan. People lose their minds and queue around the corner for anything if it's limited release and the hot new thing. It doesn't matter if its a ramen, a figure, a loaf of bread. I don't think it's anything that new, we're just not accustomed to seeing it on digital storefronts.

Last edited by Buskalilly on Tue 27 Oct 2020 - 1:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I went on another rant and I can't be bothered to read any replies)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 16:56

Anyone picking up Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light? I like the FE series but this does look to retro even for me but knowing it's just a fiver and going in March that it becomes sort of tempting knowing I can play if I wish.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 19:26

Logging in and seeing there's a new post in this thread and assuming Nintendo have made new announcements, but then seeing it's about that Fire Emblem game...I'm absolutely gutted!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2020 - 19:40

Sorry mate just seemed most sensible place but guess the question still relevant just not the game, like would you get a retro curiosity for a fiver knowing it would go even though your playtime might be low?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 4 Dec 2020 - 19:37

I don't think I will. I've already got access to loads of tactical RPGs with better reputations that the original Fire Emblem. Even then, I've owned Fire Emblem Awakening for years and years and yet I've never touched it. It's just not my sort of game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 14:20

I'm not particularly fussed but I can also imagine myself in March hearing that it's leaving soon and buying it like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 6 Dec 2020 - 14:32

Well I bought it like a idiot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 7 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next