Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2024 - 22:19

From the indie part I liked the look of Peglin, Pizza Tower & Morsels but fuck knows when I'll be able to buy/play them. I have too many games either on the go or in that backlog. Laughing

I follow a few New blood devs on twitter and every now and then I see them chat about STALKER so I'm interested in giving that a go, the other big two was a date for MVC collection (another game for September Laughing ) and Capcom fighting collection 2. Time to whoop some GNamer folk at Power stone 1 & 2. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Aug 2024 - 23:05

Why would any self-respecting GNamer folk play Powerstone when Smash Bros. exists? Basically from what I understand Powerstone is Sega knock-off Smash from before Smash was a thing (i.e. old i.e. worse). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2024 - 3:14

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 Giphy

.....but I'll bite.

A couple reasons:

1. It's online will likely work way better than any Smash bros does.
2. I've played both recently & they are still great fun.

Balla wrote:
Powerstone is Sega knock-off Smash from before Smash was a thing (i.e. old i.e. worse).

Also if we go by the JPN releases they were actually released a month apart in the same year. Did you ever join us on any smash bros online sessions? As I honestly can't remember if you did or not.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Aug 2024 - 19:57

Oh it's maybe 80% bait and 20% truth to it, but I'm not a big online gamer (I played a couple of folks at Smash 3DS and then pretty much fell off I reckon) so point 1 passed me by and is no doubt fair.  I'll take your word on point 2, although releasing a month apart from original Smash... well, nobody'd play original Smash nowadays, so all I'll say is it must have aged better than that!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyThu 29 Aug 2024 - 22:50

Rejoice in the luck of being born in the same lifetime as Power Stone, ya wee tadger.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2024 - 6:06

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Rejoice in the luck of being born in the same lifetime as Power Stone, ya wee tadger.

-Cappa 3:16
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2024 - 10:50

I'm more of a Power Stone 2 guy as I was late to the Dreamcast, which is a banger, so is Street Fighter Alpha 3 from that collection.

The SMASH thing is odd as do play differently but both are fighting games that aren't.

Melee is of course better but that's about it, especially as we barely played the other smashes online. Why I won't get something like Mario Party Jamboree.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 30 Aug 2024 - 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2024 - 10:54

I would love to play more Mario Party.

Maybe we should set a day, weekly or fortnightly or monthly or something, for GNamer Gname gNights. We could start with the stuff everyone already has- Kart, Smash, the N64 and SNES stuff, then once we actually make a regular habit of it, it'll be less risky to buy an extra game for multiplayer purposes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2024 - 11:06

Sure, that be a good idea

Though got more confidence in playing MonHan Wilds, though didn't play much Rise with ya but I can reckon name 9 people getting it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Aug 2024 - 13:11

Buskalilly wrote:
I would love to play more Mario Party.

Maybe we should set a day, weekly or fortnightly or monthly or something, for GNamer Gname gNights. We could start with the stuff everyone already has- Kart, Smash, the N64 and SNES stuff, then once we actually make a regular habit of it, it'll be less risky to buy an extra game for multiplayer purposes.

Great idea.

Are we good to sticking to the old usual weekend slot or are other days better for people? Fortnightly sounds good to me too but still open to the others.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Aug 2024 - 5:25

The_Jaster wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
A great idea

Great idea.

Are we good to sticking to the old usual weekend slot or are other days better for people? Fortnightly sounds good to me too but still open to the others.

I put a poll in the discord to choose a time. There's a week to vote, and I allowed multiple options so vote for all the ones you'd be okay with.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 EmptySat 31 Aug 2024 - 8:20

Buskalilly wrote:
I noticed Nintendo and the Pokémon company dropping a lot of individual trailers that might ordinarily be in a Direct or a Presents. I reckon they're keeping their powder dry and saving themselves until they're ready for some big ones - Metroid, Legends ZA, Switch 2 etc.

They've just done this for Zelda EoW and MP Jamboree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17