Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?

Go down 
+34
Raxicori
EofGizmo
Muss
OrangeRakoon
DarrenK
Fastpie
kitsuneyo
Zaphod_B
Rum
Bampi
Cube
Athrun888
nupkin
oldschool
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
mandlecreed
fronkhead
shanks
wenywoowoo
NintenDUCK
Solve My Maze
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 7:12

TriPo! Embarrassed However, in the best combination of earth and wool since jumpers for goalposts, I'm swapping between Yoshi's Woolly World and EarthBound Beginnings. The latter is beautiful and enjoyable, with EB being very primitive but, at the moment, nearly as enjoyable. Early days in both, mind.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 20:49

I want to play both of those! However I'm determined to finish at least the first Metroid Prime beforehand. Honestly? I'm not enjoying it as much as the rest of the humanity.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 20:58

Jimbob wrote:
I want to play both of those! However I'm determined to finish at least the first Metroid Prime beforehand. Honestly? I'm not enjoying it as much as the rest of the humanity.

Applause as I agree with ya
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:21

Jimbob wrote:

It took a little while to click with me, to be fair. Can I ask what specifically is stopping you from enjoying it as much as others? #CuriousNotMalicious
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:43

I'm back on my NG+ run of Shovel Knight as I type this, yup this game is still top quality! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:44

I don't know Mas - I feel bad for not enjoying it. And that's a fair question Zero.

I'm not keen on first-person jumping anyway (I also had a problem with - gasp! - the original Half Life) and there' a bit of that. Also, I'm playing the Wii version with the pointer controls. Yes it's nice to quickly shoot at something that's not quite dead centre, but it's at the cost of targeting; it also has the problem that a lot of Big Games that use the pointer controls have; you have to keep the remote in an upright position at all times; if you get it wrong, Samus looks at the floor and spins round like she's been on the Chozo Special Brew. But I do like the environmental details; scanning the records that show even the bad guys communicating in a sensible manner, rather than the "ha ha, we'll destroy the world for NO RAISIN" cliche; the firey bit and the snowy bit feeling firey and snowy despite being 2 metres apart. And Samus doesn't sound like she does in Other: M. I just think that the game would work better (this is with the benefit of hindsight) with the 3rd person view and control scheme shown in Nintendoland, which Shigsy implied might be the case from now on*.

PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHER

Last edited by Jimbob on Tue 12 Jan 2016 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyTue 30 Jun 2015 - 21:55

@ Jimbob - The wii pointer controls aren't the best and have an adjustment period which is annoying as in the cube version everything just clicks and feels way more natural, also for a first person game I thought they nailed the jumping aspect as none of the jumps are overly frustrating though again this could be down to the wii controls.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 10:24

I actually really liked the controls in MP3C! Just not the rest of the game, and I'm not sure how well they fit the original two (which I played on 'Cube).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 12:31

They're basically the same (perfectly fine once you adjust to them) but I think the world just isn't designed for them like they are in corruption or maybe I just have the cube controls ingrained in my brain.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 19:28

I do also have the Cube version of the original - but I know I'll never get round to plugging it in, so I'll stick with it!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 20:45

Please do stick with it! There's one blackout moment around the middle of the game that I remember being an absolute blast to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 21:06

I remember that Flaahgra, wonderfully designed though it was, made a mockery of otherwise very good controls.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 23:50

Started on Yoshi's Woolly World, it's such a happy game it just feels like the perfect way to relax, the title music and the image of Yoshi hugging Poochy is perhaps the most adorable thing since sliced rainbows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 15:19

It's another curious pair of games for me: Legend Of Kay Anniversary, after the forum's crack games dealer got hold of it for me to review, and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars. I've cracked open the fourth world now, and had a go at one of the user-generated levels... although it was made by someone involved with the game. Grin Just need to work out how to collect all the coins and I'm laughing...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015 - 17:32

My physical copy of Legend of Kay should be here on Tuesday, it's a very weird one to get HD treatment. I know it's it 10th anniversary but not the sort of game people remember from 2005 unless Nordic plan to make sequel.

Reviews I have seen for it have been okay to good.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptySat 1 Aug 2015 - 18:41

I was going to ask if Legend of Kay was any good - it looks like an old-school family-friendly 8/10-er to me, which for some reason bypasses other critiques and makes it almost essential (see also Mini Ninjas).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptySun 2 Aug 2015 - 0:32

I really liked Mini Ninjas, especially how you'd kayak in a little bowl in some sections.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 22:26

I also liked Mini Ninjas - they don't make them like that any more.

I've finally - finally - started playing Affordable Space Adventures. Why the whole world doesn't know about this I don't know. It definitely feels Nifflas-y as well - makes me want to play Knytt Underground again.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 20:28

ASA is ACE. I liked it, verging on loved it. Legend Of Kay Anniversary is sweet-ish, but does feel its age a bit. I'm also trying to get into Citizens Of Earth again. I feel a bit aimless with it but I did manage to recruit a couple of new teammates last night. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyWed 14 Oct 2015 - 21:45

Year Walk.

Fucking hell. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 7:08

Balladeer wrote:
Year Walk.

Fucking hell. No

That's pretty much what I said! Winky Face

I'm desperately trying to beat Citizens Of Earth. If only it would stop causing my Wii U to crash... DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 8:51

I thought you'd given up on it as a lost cause?

Which is what I might do with YW, sadly.  I didn't realise quite how horrific it was.  That doesn't mean I loathe all horror: I've been scared twice in the game, and I thought
YW first chapter spoiler:
was pretty cool!  But if there's one part of horror I really don't like, it's

So yes, not sure whether to continue. Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 19:32

I never give up on a game... although I might really, really want to sometimes. Winky Face I just might want to get a game out of my life... forever. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 19:59

Balladeer wrote:
Year Walk.

Fucking hell. No

Balladeer wrote:
I thought you'd given up on it as a lost cause?

Which is what I might do with YW, sadly.  I didn't realise quite how horrific it was.  That doesn't mean I loathe all horror: I've been scared twice in the game, and I thought
was pretty cool!  But if there's one part of horror I really don't like, it's

So yes, not sure whether to continue. Aww!

Laughing :homer: Boo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 22:45

I'm a giant wuss, 'kay? Pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?   What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your Wii U/Wii right now?
Page 18 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 28 ... 39  Next