Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread

Go down 
+17
JayMoyles
rlsniper789
ShadoWolf
AGuy
Snake14691
Slazo
masofdas
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Solve My Maze
ScottGamer17
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013 - 14:58

I like husky/Bray wyatt, he may have an awkward ring style but his presence is quite captivating maybe it's harder to judge him if you never seen his entire build up to his initial debut........dare I say it? The ring psychology he possesses reminds me of Jake the snake at times.

Anyhow, seems that above card is pretty spot on now :/ oh & it's nice to see that fandango is starting to provoke a reaction I was kind of hoping he'd interupt the IC title match & wallop Jericho.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyTue 19 Mar 2013 - 20:59

Nice to see Booker T in HOF
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 4:40

Yeah, all the dirtsheets are going wild for Jericho/Fandango and seem to be taking it as a certainty. If Fandango debuts at Mania, and then Jericho puts him over as he probably will if they have a match, then he's going to be a top heel in the company with wrestling only one match.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 10:54

Is that right? Is that match happening? If so: why? While I believe Jericho should be predominately used in an enhancement role (putting over the likes of Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett and Antonio Cesaro in hard-fought, competitive matches), matching him up against a lowercard comedy act is a waste of his talents.

Just stick Fandango in a comedy dance-off with Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, the divas and IRS/Kamala/Slaughter/rest of the old boys who kick about backstage. Hope this happens, as it'll give me the chance to do my WrestleMania 29 Trip To The Bathroom.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 12:57

I don't see him as a comedy act, first off he'd have to be a face which he clearly isn't & if the match with Jericho goes ahead I can see it surprising a few folk.

Its a massive gamble though as a lot of us haven't seen him wrestle under this gimmick.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 13:19

His whole act screams 'comedy act!' to me. Fair play to the man behind the character; he plays the pervy, filthy sleazeball aspect very well. However, best case scenario for me is that Jericho crushes him in seconds. Worst case senario is that they have a lengthy match and eat up time that could have been devoted to someone who looks like they might have a future beyond Superstars and house show losses to Justin Pissing Gabriel.

Has Kofi Kingston got a match yet?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 14:50

Nope, no match for Kofi yet but I can seem him & Cesaro being the pre-show.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 15:39

The pre-show for Mania usually has a battle royal, just so everyone can get on the card.

Even as someone who likes the Fandango character, I'm scratching my head as to why they're pairing him up with Jericho at WrestleMania, it's such an odd fit. I too thought about a sub thirty second squash, but what a waste of Chris Jericho that would be. Unless they really want to launch Fandango in a way big way...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 17:42

Johnny Curtis, before he was Fandango, was the best thing about NXT for a while. He's retained that creepy sleezeball character he had in NXT, and his in-ring abilities are damn good. Compared to say, Tensai and Clay, he's much better in-ring. Don't write him off yet. Jericho and Fandango could easily end up being one of the best matches on the card, if it does actually happen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013 - 23:13

Dusty Knackers wrote:
The pre-show for Mania usually has a battle royal, just so everyone can get on the card.

bah! I forgot about that, such waste of some of the lowercard guys. Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 9:37

surely whom ever wun batttle royal faces cesaaro that night, gets him on the card. it could happen it did a few yearrs back for ECW tilte
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013 - 9:39

as none of you watch TNA it seems so you might not of seen on the ads during that or wrestle talk tv which is after impact, that british wrestling will be coming back to tv soon also on a sunday night. anyone going tio watch it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 23 Mar 2013 - 17:52

The Jericho/Fandango match seems to be going ahead now, based on Fandango's interference and post match beatdown during Jericho/Swagger on Smackdown. I'm intrigued to see this, I reckon it'll be a decent match.

Also, they seem to be building up to a Bellas + Rhodes Scholars vs Tensai, Clay and Funkadactyls too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 0:44

I really do think thre Jericho/Fandango match will surprise folk, also wasn't expecting his finisher to be a top rope leg drop.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 1:51

Can see this being a squash win for Chris Jericho in all honesty, if time is tight. Hope not though, Jericho has the chance to make Fandango look superb, like he does with many others. Keep in mind too, Jericho doesn't mind losing to anyone...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 2:15

Interesting tweet from Jericho. Jericho seems to genuinely think Fandango's got talent and from the brief spot he had on Smackdown, I agree. That kick to interrupt the Lionsault was slick, as was his top-rope leg drop.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 20:06

masofdas wrote:
as none of you watch TNA it seems so you might not of seen on the ads during that or wrestle talk tv which is after impact, that british wrestling will be coming back to tv soon also on a sunday night. anyone going tio watch it
I watch TNA Grin
I seen (saw?) the advert last night for WrestleTalk and it hinted about british wrestling making a comeback. I'll need to record it though, what with an early rise for work.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 1:40

So Wrestlemania is fast approaching, on a scale of 1 to 10 rybacks how stupidly excited are you? (get it? ryback is stupid)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 4:33

Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 Fandango_zpsef965a74
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 9:44

The Rock/Cena promo last week got me hyped for their match, at last, so I'm excited for the main event. Punk/Taker should be great, as should HHH/Bork. Ryback/Henry will be grand so long as Ryback doesn't botch like he did on Tensai a while back, and I'm expecting good things from the tag team championship match and from Jericho/Fandango. Swagger/ADR should be okay, but as for the rest of the card, not too enthused.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 3:16

Damien. Sandow.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 12:15

I'm 6 rybacks, theres nothing thats really drawing me to mania this year but i will be watching, Heres the card

WWE Champion The Rock vs. John Cena. Rock wins

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk. Taker wins

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar (No Holds Barred Match; If Lesnar wins, Triple H must retire). Brock wins

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger. ADR wins, and i hope ziggy cashs in

Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show vs. The Shield. Shield Wins

Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett vs. The Miz. Miz wins

Ryback vs. Mark Henry. Ryback Wins

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston. Hell No wins but ziggy cashs in later

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango. FaaaanDaaanGooo Wins

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins. Tons of funk & funkadactyls wins
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 14:31

@Dusty - That is fantastic. Sandow's one of my favourites, him and Regal are brilliant together.

I guess I'll do some predictions too. First things first though - it's a travesty that Miz/Barrett is reduced to the preshow and Antonio Cesaro isn't even on the card over Brodus Clay and Tensai. I'm glad that Rhodes Scholars get on the card because of that match, but putting it over your championship bouts is a stupid move.

WWE Championship - The Rock vs. John Cena: Cena wins, and he'll win cleanly. I can't see him losing, and as much as I'd love him to win with a heel turn, WWE won't turn their top babyface heel.

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk: Taker wins. There's no way the Streak is breaking if this isn't Taker's last match, and even if it was his last match, it'd still be unlikely the Streak would end.

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar - (No Holds Barred Match; If Lesnar wins, Triple H must retire): Brock wins. This is one of the tougher matches to predict at this year's Mania. On one hand, you've got Triple H needing revenge after being defeated by Brock, and with his career on the line he's going to give it everything. On the other hand, it just depends if Trips is really planning to retire and begin his real transition into Paul "Triple H" Levesque, chairman of the board. I reckon he's going to put Brock over in a big way.

World Heavyweight Championship - Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger: ADR wins. Again, tough to call. I reckon ADR will retain - and if he does, we'll see a Ziggler cash-in. If Swagger wins, there'll be no cash-in, for now. Ziggler still has a few months left to cash-in, and they need to keep the briefcase relevant, so that's why I reckon an ADR win, Ziggler cash-in scenario is most likely.

Randy Orton, Sheamus and Big Show vs. The Shield: Shield Wins. I still can't see them halting the Shield's progress yet. They're one of the best things about the WWE at present, and it's a brilliant way to get three future main eventers over. I reckon it'll be Ryback's job to stop the Shield post-Mania. As for how they'll win, it has to be an Orton heel turn. An Orton/Sheamus feud would be great, so I can easily see a Brogue Kick connecting then RKO outta nowhere to Sheamus situation brewing.

Intercontinental Championship - Wade Barrett vs. The Miz: Barrett wins. Again, it's one of those matches that can go either way. I'd like to see Barrett retain purely on the basis of the fact I dislike The Miz, and if he ends up being the new guy with an undefeated Mania streak, I'll be displeased.

Ryback vs. Mark Henry: Ryback Wins. Easy one this. Ryback will Shellshock Henry and go on to main event status.

WWE Tag Team Championship Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston: Hell No wins. I'm predicating a Hell No victory here because I'm predicting a Ziggler cash-in later in the evening. I can't see Ziggler walking out of Mania with two championship wins, so I reckon it'll either be a tag team loss and a successful cash-in or a tag team win and no cash-in. The former seems more likely to me.

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango: It's Fahhhhhn...daahhnnnn...goooo-go-go-go. Johnny Curtis is a great wrestler, and Jericho doesn't mind putting over new talent. This'll be a cracking start to Fandingles's WWE career.

Tons of Funk and The Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and The Bella Twins: Tons of Funk and Funkadactyls win in a comedy squash. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 15:09

Dusty Knackers wrote:
Damien. Sandow.

Superb! just like the bit he done at comic con last year.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 6 Apr 2013 - 15:33

JayMoyles wrote:
it's a travesty that Miz/Barrett is reduced to the preshow and Antonio Cesaro isn't even on the card over Brodus Clay and Tensai. I'm glad that Rhodes Scholars get on the card because of that match, but putting it over your championship bouts is a stupid move.

Sadly, the novelty value of the eight person tag match beats out a title match. I think that could benefit the match actually, a lot of singles matches can get lost and forgotten about on the main card, I dread this will happen with Del Rio VS Swagger if it doesn't go on first (rumoured that Jericho/Fandango will be the opener).

Quick predictions from me - Cena, Undertaker, Triple H (don't see him retiring against Lesnar), Swagger, The Shield, Ryback, Hell No, Jericho, Sandow and Co, Miz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread   Wrestling Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next