Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2024 - 21:58

The original SEGA Rally from the ‘90s? Like you I’ve dabbled in it occasionally and I can respect it for what it is while having good memories of it too. Be that as it may, it was an arcade cabinet that soon became replaced by SEGA Rally 2 in all my nearby amusements, and it never seen the sheer volume of re-releases that many of SEGA’s best-regarded classics have. There’s probably many retro gamers who’ve never played SEGA Rally, perhaps even some that’ve never heard of it. 

I quite like SEGA Rally all in all – perhaps not as much as Ridge Racer, but I always enjoy it whenever I (infrequently) go back to it’s Saturn port. I think I’d have played and enjoyed it more if it was brought back through SEGA AGES or through one of these vintage collections that SEGA trot out.

~

I’ve powered up my XBox 360 for the first time in at least a couple of years. That was mainly to download some of the 360-exclusive games before the digital store and marketplace close for good next week, but actually turning it on has spurred me to work my way through one of the games that’s been on my ‘to play’ list for literally years, and that’s Blur. I don’t think it’s as enjoyable as Split/Second but I can understand why folk see it as a cult classic that disappointingly never got a sequel to build upon it’s clear potential. The idea of a realistic and licensed racer with Mario Kart power-ups remains a good one. Surely it’s an idea that’s been discussed in development meetings for other racing games since?

I feel like I’ve got all the 360 games I’d want so I’m not about to get swept up in collecting for it. That said, I’m open-minded to suggestions if there’s anything anybody thinks I’d particularly enjoy – keen to hear anyone’s thoughts.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2024 - 22:56

The one game I really liked on Xbox 360 that was digital only, is Renegade Ops. It's a classy SEGA-published twin stick shooter whereby you drive a jeep around with the left stick, and fire weapons with the right stick. Made by Avalanche, who did Just Cause, so the explosions and destructive levels are highly satisfying.

It's also on Steam though, and probably cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2024 - 11:02

There's one particularly nice arcade in Akihabara - Andyman and I popped in - that's rammed with Sega racing games. I usually spend most of my time on Outrun 2, but I would like to make a proper day of it some time and come away with opinions on Sega Rally, Daytona and so on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptySat 20 Jul 2024 - 12:44

I've been talking about the 360 going offline on the TOH discord, I just find it sad we let these systems die, and we're going to lose like 200+ digital only games (also DLC), kinect basically lost to history and online play for things like Blur outside the PS3 now.

And I have seen little fanfare around it, like we know the PS3VITA were meant to close but due to backlash are still up. People weren't that bothered about the Wii U but certainly were for the 3DS, which sure both gone now, yet how many video or articles you see going you need to get X or Y on the 3DS before it's too late but nothing for the 360.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2024 - 4:42

There's a lot of 360 stuff playable on XBONE and and Series though, right? I'm not saying it makes it okay, but that's probably why people are less bothered.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024 - 19:27

It is 27.7% of the 360 library that is compatible with the Xbox One / Series, though a lot of games such as a Bioshock got a remaster on Xbox One, so the game isn't lost to time.

They have confirmed online play will still should work, Blur is back on the table if you've got a 360 kicking around to play it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2024 - 10:46

gjones wrote:
The one game I really liked on Xbox 360 that was digital only, is Renegade Ops. It's a classy SEGA-published twin stick shooter whereby you drive a jeep around with the left stick, and fire weapons with the right stick. Made by Avalanche, who did Just Cause, so the explosions and destructive levels are highly satisfying.

Thanks for that suggestion. I downloaded the free trial and knew within a minute of playing that I love it. I’d have completely missed Renegade Ops without you saying.

~

Ahead of the 360 Marketplace closing yesterday I was satisfied that I’ve bought everything I want. In my personal gaming history the 360 doesn’t have the same significance for me as Wii, 3DS and even Wii U did, so I’m not as disappointed about the closure of it’s store as others appear to be. That said, the Marketplace itself was important in shaping my outlook on gaming. Watching my pal download Worms onto his shiny-new 360 and us getting straight into the gameplay moments later was a majorly formative experience for me in 2006, one that opened my eyes to the massive potential of downloadable retro games.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2024 - 21:08

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
gjones wrote:

Thanks for that suggestion. I downloaded the free trial and knew within a minute of playing that I love it. I’d have completely missed Renegade Ops without you saying.

Happy to help! It's a shame people don't really talk about it these days.

I'm fairly similar in that I don't feel much nostalgia for the Xbox Marketplace itself. My main memories are downloading demos for early games like Prey and Dead Rising, and leaving the console on overnight at the weekend. In fact, the general interface of the Xbox 360, and the online games of Gears of War are where my main affections lie, before I went to university and it became a Fallout 3 / PES machine in 2007-2009. I do still have a 360, but primarily because it has OutRun Online Arcade and that will be worth £1 million someday soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 29 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29