Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 1:33

Anyone want to trade Vegas Stakes for anything? Hello? Come back!
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 7:54

sporkhead wrote:
I was reading the games inbox over at GameCentral and one reader mentioned how a Netflix-style subscription service for Virtual Console and I was thinking this would certainly be something I'd be willing to pay for. Say, the ultimate license to gain access to a large variety of retro titles. Anyone else think this would be quite ace?

There are quite a few old games on VC which I'd love to try, but am not willing to buy (it's a shame how games are priced based on format, not on the publisher's perceived willingness to pay).

Definitely, pretty much for that reason. Nintendo are in a better position than anyone else to do that, as well. OnLive would have been a very different proposition had Nintendo been involved.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 12:01

How amazing would a VC subscription service be? I don't think I'd buy a new game again.

I don't think it's such a bad thing that games are priced according to format - do you think that Nintendo would rather sell something like Super Mario RPG for £15 than 800 Nintendo Points? At least on Wii, I thought the pricing of NES, Master System and Mega Drive downloads sucked, but I felt that most SNES and N64 stuff was pretty good value.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 14:46

It's a good week for the Wii U VC:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/nintendo_download_16th_may_europe

Not played enough of Super Metroid to have a say, but Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts are both brilliant. The latter will be near enough faultless with restore points added to it.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 15:36

Think restore points are going to ruin the challenge of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts. If I rebuy it, I won't be using them*

*Completely ignoring the fact that suspend points on the Wii Virtual Console version would have ruined the challenge of the original.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 16:09

My only problem with SGnG is the difficulty - there's a difference between good challenge and what-a-load-of-bollocks hard. It's not unfair, just really, really punishing. I can be doing without that when I play a game, quite honestly.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 16:18

Fair enough, I really relished the difficulty in it, which I didn't think I would be purchasing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 18:41

I will be all over Super Metroid, Mario 2 (my favourite 2d mario) & Super Ghouls N ghosts.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2013 - 21:07

The_Jaster wrote:
I will be all over Super Metroid, Mario 2 (my favourite 2d mario) & Super Ghouls N ghosts.
Super Metroid's on my "I'm going to pay £1.50 to upgrade this" list.

It's a very important list!

What?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 0:24

But you can buy it for 30p
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 1:39

If the man wants to pay more then let him pay more.

A good week indeed but I'll just be sticking to Super Metroid because its cheap as chips (potato chips that is (and cheap ones at that)).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2013 - 22:40

The_Jaster wrote:
But you can buy it for 30p
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH Silly me!

Damn you Nintendo for runing your good value with your even better value!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 14:27

It's Super Virtual Console day! Super Mario Bros 2. and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts are up for download. In a nice touch, it looks like you can get SMB2 for 20% off (taking it to £2.79) you've already downloaded Super Mario World onto your Wii U. More of that please, Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 19:35

I've been playing a good bit of SMB2 today & absolutely loving it despite only gettig to world 4-3 (with the warp) the characters & music are just brilliant!

I also downloaded Metroid & SGnG but not got around to playing them yet.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 May 2013 - 19:58

I'm very tempted by SMB2, even though I've got versions of it on SNES, GBA and Wii. I'm mad, obviously.

I know it's the so-called main event of the Trial Campaign, but I can't drum up the enthusiasm to play Super Metroid. Again, I'm mad, obviously.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 20:54

Aye, I already have SMB2 on wii as well so I can rightfully join the mad party as for Super metroid (another I have on wii) I got round to playing it today & it was really fun.

Get it played.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 10:44

Excellenté! Two Kirby games this week, both available at a discount if you were one of the everybody who downloaded Kirby's Adventure for 30p:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/05/nintendo_download_23rd_may_europe

I've never played Kirby's Dream Course before, so I'm quite looking forward to that. I've seen people call Kirby Super Star the best game of all time - while I feel that might be a bit OTT, it is an absolute stoater, and really, really good value at £3.79. Download with confidence!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 13:05

I didn't download Kirby's Adventure...
Boo-hoo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 13:14

+1 Embarrassed Might nab KSS, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 16:33

30p is a lot of money, I can't blame either of you.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 May 2013 - 19:26

I didn't because I have it on Wii and finished it there. I have no intention on going back to it. Super Metroid I jumped at however.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 1:18

Mother of God. It was 30p.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 1:32

But a game I had no reason to go back to Laughing It was pretty easy until the last boss and I have no intention of doing that again. Also 30P is pretty much all I have until september. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 1:43

Mario and Yoshi will be 30p next month, the game is dump, and I already got it for free on 3DS, but I'll still download it because IT'S THIRTY PENCE! Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 May 2013 - 7:07

For the record I too didn't download Kirby's Adventure - and I haven't downloaded any of the others, either. They're all sitting on my Wii or didn't interest me. Might get Kirby's Dream Course, mind - since its Wii VC release I've become a lot more interested in Kirby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next