Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo to buy Atlus

Go down 
+7
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Athrun888
Silver light
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
masofdas
11 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo to buy Atlus Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 17:07

Reports are coming out that nintendo plan to buy atlus of it's bankrupt parent company making games such a persona 5 a nintendo exclusive.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 17:23

Any links?

Either way, there's merit in the idea, it would give Wii U a solid base to build on, at least in Japan.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 17:28

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18958/20130719/atlus-bankruptcy-nintendo-persona-5-acquisition.htm

apparently there's more things coming out in japan about it and the speculation but I can't read japanese.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 17:46

I know what you're thinking.

I know what all of you at thinking.

Snowboard Kids U.

Snowboard Kids U or GTF
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:24

As i said (read: ranted) on twitter, that article's just an opinion piece - one which does make some good points, but at the end of the day it's still just intelligent speculation. I've not heard or seen anything yet otherwise saying this is actually happening.

tl;dr nothing to see here. Just people reading a sensationalist headline and taking it as fact.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:45

That may be so but I shall pray it ends up being reality. If Nintendo bought Atlus then they would be allowed to continue doing their own thing as Monolith Soft have, only this time we might finally see the games reach us in a reasonable century!

I can at least dream of such a world.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:46

P5 being exclusive to the Wii U will be one of those system selling third-party titles, Persona 4 was a huge title.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 19:04

Athrun888 wrote:
That may be so but I shall pray it ends up being reality.  If Nintendo bought Atlus then they would be allowed to continue doing their own thing as Monolith Soft have, only this time we might finally see the games reach us in a reasonable century!  

You have been reading this thread properly, right? This is Nintendo- it'll just make things worse!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 3:04

Do you think Nintendo buying Atlas would make things worse, for sure? I can only see positives in such a takeover.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 8:42

Am thinking we need a "General Nintendo News Thread". I can see at least three such threads on this page that could go into it. Would the next person who has some Nintendo news/rumours do the honours?

(Of course the rumour thread would be great for this had it not gone completely insane.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 9:13

Phillips wrote:

Snowboard Kids U.

Snowboard Kids U or GTF

You are correct. That is all.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 10:32

Good point Balla, as looking if there's Xbone news it can just go in to the xbone topic same with ps4. But with nintendo being split into two sections. It's choosing which one to go in, but could put up a nintendo news/rumors here in general. And was there already rumor thread I've not seen it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 11:36

beemoh wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
That may be so but I shall pray it ends up being reality.  If Nintendo bought Atlus then they would be allowed to continue doing their own thing as Monolith Soft have, only this time we might finally see the games reach us in a reasonable century!  

You have been reading this thread properly, right? This is Nintendo- it'll just make things worse!

Xenoblade and The Last Story make me think otherwise to be honest.  At least in regards to Atlus' big ips such as Persona and SMT which have widely established western fanbases at any rate.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 13:35

Balladeer wrote:
Am thinking we need a "General Nintendo News Thread".  I can see at least three such threads on this page that could go into it.  Would the next person who has some Nintendo news/rumours do the honours?

(Of course the rumour thread would be great for this had it not gone completely insane.)

I take full blame for that. I am however, going to do nothing about it. Razz

On topic, who's to say Sony won't snap up Atlus- it's not as if they're bankrupt, unless of course they want to focus their gold on a vicious advertising campaign?. Although I would like to see Ninty getting more third party support (even if it means buying every developer it can afford) because it'll only put them in a better position when the Xstation-one-box4 comes out.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 22:11

Phillips wrote:

Snowboard Kids U.

Snowboard Kids U or GTF
If that's the plan I'll buy Atlas myself to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 12:47

Sega is among twenty companies interested in acquiring the respected Japan development studio Atlus, according to a new report.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 17:55

What are the others? links please Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 18:20

I hope they do buy Atlus. It might help Nintendo sort out all those countries on StreetPass Mii Plaza without a map.

ZeroJones: bad jokes since he could talk (1981). 🤡
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 23:18

Sorry I don't know duck, more info on CVG etc but don't say all 20.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 0:46

I'm not surprised loads of companies are sniffing around Atlus - SMT and its various series have always been huge in Japan and Persona 4 hit the mainstream big time, so I can imagine with the right company behind them Persona 5 would sell a shiteton. Imagine the shitstorm if P5 was Nintendo exclusive...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 1:45

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm not surprised loads of companies are sniffing around Atlus - SMT and its various series have always been huge in Japan and Persona 4 hit the mainstream big time, so I can imagine with the right company behind them Persona 5 would sell a shiteton. Imagine the shitstorm if P5 was Nintendo exclusive...

It'll either make the Bayonetta 2 stuff look like a storm in a teacup, or it'll pass without so much as a "meh... makes sense".
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus EmptyTue 6 Aug 2013 - 12:09

I wouldn't be half surprised if one of the unnamed companies having a look at Atlus is Nintendo. They have bought rpg studios before (Monolith Soft) and with the collaboration of Fire Emblem with Shin Megami Tensei in the one game it and the amount of Atlus games we've seen on the 3DS as of late it seems Atlus is working very closely with Nintendo at the moment. Not to mention given that fe vs smt game Nintendo probably have a vested interest in picking them up as it is just to make sure nothing happens to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo to buy Atlus   Nintendo to buy Atlus Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo to buy Atlus
Page 1 of 1