Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread

Go down 
+19
Admin
Vidofnir
oldschool
Dusty Knackers
Cube
ZeroJones
Rum
Treesmurf
Sylveon
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Gogoata
shanks
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Buskalilly
masofdas
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 21:41

Athrun888 wrote:
I don't see it as tricky to be honest, if anything not having to contend with a relationship makes life simpler.  

Ah, sorry: I meant that it would make a relationship tricky.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:06

I want to know why Balla was embarrassed, So Buska it was just friends with benefits then.  

Also I've got a problem there's a girl I like whom works with me a few days a week and I know outside of work through friends etc, I even went to her 18th birthday (remember I was The Riddler). She is now single since yesterday, I know it's to soon to do anything and I'm not sure of the age cap of 6 years but she's rather mature and I'm rather immature, so I guess that balances it out.

The problem is if you have read my posts I've been talking to the EX and she has booked to come down here for my birthday etc and want's to try again. So do I tell my EX it's not happening as there's another girl, whom I might ask out in a month or so time that is very likely to turn me down (still better then her ex though the lazy bum) or do I try again with the EX but let this other girl pass me bye. Only thing is my birthday the end of the month could let EX come down see how it goes, if goes well all good. If it doesn't then enough time might of passed so I could ask this other girl out but feels like I'm using her as kinda a back up.

There is also a 3rd girl, but she knows about the other two and I see her more as friend but she drops hints like I should find someone who' been single for a while Winky Face

Why are things so confusing or am I just making them confusing.

Balla we know your the Goat.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:21

Regarding the age gap, the gentleman's rule is half your age plus seven, so at 24 your minimum age should really be 19. At the end of the day, though...
this is a gag but it makes me sound disgusting.:

But serious advice; if you're wondering whether you should turn down your ex in favour of a potential thing with this other chick, it sounds like you don't want to be with her. But if you do have feelings for your ex, if go with the sure thing.
Really though, that third option sounds like the best bet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:34

I'd say an ex is an ex for a reason and I don't see how it's possible to get over the fact you broke up. That's gotta be a real tough barrier to get over. As for the 3rd girl if you don't feel that way about her there's no guarantee you ever will and that'll have a messy end. I'd say option 2 but don't wait too long, some girls move on fast!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:35

I prefer this one for a cricket fans:

I do like my EX very much and when it's come to other women since I've thought there nice but there not L. I'll have to do a chart like ross does in friends with the pros and cons lol. Reason we broke up was due to the fact she wanted me to find religion (Jehovah Witness kinda) and the distance of 200+ miles and the fact she wanted to move in after about a week. I wanted to take things slow, still be an atheist etc. Since we started talking again she seems to be more in my way of thinking about taking it slow etc.

The 3rd option is nice and that but doesn't really do anything for me and not sure if we have much really in common compared to EX & this other chick.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 10 Jan 2014 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because of Andy)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 0:03

I'd definitely say stay away, it's easy to say she won't try to convert you and will take it slow but those are pretty big differences, not to mention the distance hasn't changed. I've never seen a cross faith relationship work out especially not one where someone seems so adamant to convert the other (not to mention that Jehovah's Witnesses are a tricky bunch at the best of times).
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 1:27

Buskalilly wrote:

Gogoat: it's the eyes that make it weird. Which I guess isn't a problem for a goat?

It's those damn tiny eyes they have
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 1:29

masofdas wrote:
Ooh, look at me, I'm masofdas, I've got three girls on the go
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 1:31

I've had a "what if" kind of moment with a girl I have known for years. She get's like this from time to time as we have so much in common and she doesn't have that with her husband.

And Balla's a Goat?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 8:48

Didn't you know, Shanks? Gogoata is an alternate account of mine. Winky Face 

I've never got back together with an ex. There are good reasons for why I broke up with all of mine. But that's just me. Also I would hate hate hate anyone trying to convert me.

As for age gaps, every girl I've ever had anything with has been older than me. That's partly because I'm a baby in my year (August birth), partly because I just don't care about that sort of thing (and partly because I haven't been involved with many girls). Nupkin turned thirty recently! So again, not a problem.

I don't like the cricket analogy though. Turning a noble (albeit boring) sport into a justification for paedophilia? Pale 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 10:10

Oh I see  Shocked 

And yeah it is rather boring isn't it

To keep it on subject the one that ran me around is a couple of years older then me and I didn't care
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 11:02

The age thing doesn't really bother me that much, it might put her off or seem strange to other people but her last boyfriend was older. Also Buska when does the half + 7 rule stop as I was thinking when I'm 50 can I date a 32 year old. But strangely I think I prefer someone a bit older then me or at least more more mature mentally.  

It's Balla
Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 Index10

On more serious note about the EX, I know a few cross-faith as Andy put it relationships such a chap at work who's a Muslim and married for a good few years to a plain old church of England lady with a few kids now. So her being religious and me not isn't a real issue it was her trying to convert me which was. The weird thing is shes not a fully fledged (best way to put) witness as shes not been baptized or goes every sunday to meetings like her mum or sister (her dad & brother are atheists) but believes in things like no crosses, no heaven & hell etc not sure on the whole blood thing as they believe it's linked to the soul but I reckon if she was ill and there was reason for to live (should be anyway) likes kids, she would have blood transfusion.  I don't really know what she wanted me to convert to as I barely drink or gamble, I don't smoke or do drugs, I give to charity etc, so I don't know what she wants maybe for us to go tochurch halls together on a sunday and think like her on some things most notability what hardcore christian Southern (Texas etc) Americans think about something.

Distant was a pain but she doesn't mind coming here on a train etc I don't mind driving up ether as long as I don't get stuck near Birmingham again (takes like 2 hours to move 20 miles).

Yeah Beemoh I have the opportunity at three girls but 1 is religious ex whom lives 200+ miles away, 1 might be slightly out of my league (She's Man City (2nd) I'm Cardiff (17th), but we all know what happened) and only just single, 1 has been single for a while kinda wants the same things as me but I see as more of a friend and not in the Buska kinda of way.  

I think I've replied back to everything, also this seems to now be the most popular thread can I win thread of the year in the awards.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 20:28

Sorry mas, but I just see you as a friend. . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 21:27

Whoa, Buska, don't get carried away! After all...

masofdas wrote:
But strangely I think I prefer someone a bit older then me or at least more more mature mentally.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 11 Jan 2014 - 21:30

Hey, stupid head, I'm super mature!
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:35

When you’re as fabulous as me, you got all the mon after you. This Flareon thinks she's so hot (redhead's, you get me) can't seem to shake her but doesn't help that my trainer hangs out with hers.

What a guy to do?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 13:59

Find yourself a nice Ditto. Don't forget to use PROTECT, now.
Back to top Go down
Gogoata
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Gogoata

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 14:15

Yes I know a lovely Ditto that was ever so gentle
Back to top Go down
Sylveon
Chuffster
Sylveon

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 14:30

Ditto to the Ditto, I prefer something a bit younger though like a nice eevee with a bushy tail then anything.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 18:04

beemoh wrote:

Ditto's the Pokeworld bike though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 22:05

I have been invited to go to Scotland. By somebody I have met about five times. That's... not a thing you usually ask people you've just met to do, is it?

And in case anyone remembers (not that there's any reason you should), it's this woman again. Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 22:07

JayMoyles wrote:
beemoh wrote:

Ditto's the Pokeworld bike though.

What, worth £1,000,000?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 22:08

Also

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh, look at me, I'm Balladeer, I'm having to fend them off with a stick
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 22:11

Balladeer wrote:
I have been invited to go to Scotland.  By somebody I have met about five times.  That's... not a thing you usually ask people you've just met to do, is it?

And in case anyone remembers (not that there's any reason you should), it's this woman again. Hissy fit 

Actually, just to clarify: she wants you to go with her, yes? She's not saying she'd be happier if you were in Scotland because that puts you further away from her?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 9:48

Definitely the former.

beemoh wrote:
Also

Balladeer wrote:
Ooh, look at me, I'm Balladeer, I'm having to fend them off with a stick

Ha! No. Really, so much no. It is one woman. And to put this into context, I've met two others for dinner since the start of the year - one wanted something a lot more casual than I was prepared to go for, and the other is the first asexual I've met. Duh! On the plus side, the latter and I are now really good friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread   Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Daisy, GNamer Romantic Mishaps Thread
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next