Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Chat Thread

Go down 
+32
Cube
fronkhead
masofdas
Buskalilly
nupkin
spacemanDOUG
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
SuperPaperLink
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Rum
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
shanks
oldschool
ShaftVonShafterton
ShadoWolf
Dusty Knackers
Silver light
Fancy Fancy
Crumpy Andy
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
beemoh
ZeroJones
Kyranitar
Marzy
mandlecreed
Balladeer
Admin
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The Chat Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 12:44

Midnight is 15 min away so I guess it is close , and I really only just got home
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 12:55

shanks wrote:
Midnight is 15 min away so I guess it is close , and I really only just got home

it is really time for sleep. I am scanning for viruses and apparently I have nearly 1,000,000 files to scan!

Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 12:57

I'll still be up for another couple of hours, I don't have to go to that Golden hell hole tomorrow as got a day off
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2013 - 16:30

You have a lot of days of, what do you work as? Suspect
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013 - 2:54

I work in a control room for a security company, I tell people to turn their alarms off and on when not on at the end of the day, and after closing time I basically become a call center person telling them they missed who they were trying to call by "that much"
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 23 Feb 2013 - 0:05

Sounds delightful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 2 Mar 2013 - 17:25

I now have more posts than Stu. Proof, if more was needed, that Nintendo needs to sort out their release schedule.

EDIT: Wooo, 4000th post on the forum!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 9:33

Woo, giant insect outside my backdoor! Grin

The Chat Thread - Page 7 HNI_0056_zps3c0bb617

For a sense of scale it's about the same size as my thumb, and that was taken with my DSi since I was playing Pokemon at the time, so the detail is visible because it's just that big!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 9:42

I was in a car park the other day driving up to get a park and on one of the beams over head I noticed a huntsman which was huge and I'm not scared of them but it was that big I ended up going don't fall on the car don't fall on the car
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 9:52

Ah yeah, nothing is more unnerving than having a very large spider above you. Even when you aren't actually afraid of them it's still a little off-putting and creepy.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 10:00

I imagine it's especially nasty in Australia. At least they can be guaranteed to not be poisonous here.

(Yes, I know huntsmen aren't poisonous.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 18:22

I would've crashed the car, hate spiders. Pale
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 19:01

Am I too understand you went through this ordeal without needing a change of underwear, shanks? :affraid:
And can huntsmen really come in green, or is that Photoshop at work?

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 20:28

Better a Huntsmen over a car roof than a smaller but still fairly large spider directly above you in the shower. Recently I've had two occasions of a large spider (about the size of that bug I posted minus the legs and antenna) right above me while I was having a shower (flushed both of them down the shower drain after knocking them down with thrown water), another of the same species near my toothbrushes which I threw outside, and one in the lounge room which I again threw outside after stunning it with insect spray.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 20:32

I just see flushing spiders way as unnecessary cruelty to a creature that's much smaller than you, isn't dangerous, and indeed helps by eating other more irritating insects. Rather a spider than a fly buzzing around my head as I'm trying to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Mar 2013 - 21:32

To be fair when I have a spider larger than any coin in my wallet above my head while I'm in the middle of a shower I'm hardly going to stop to put it outside. There is a certain size where putting a spider outside becomes impractical, and that size was most definitely it. I only got one of them out because it happened to go inside the container I keep my toothbrush stuff in, and even then it lashed at a container I removed, which is creepy when you can clearly see every detail on it and have a fear of spiders in general.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyMon 4 Mar 2013 - 0:42

NintenDUCK wrote:
Am I too understand you went through this ordeal without needing a change of underwear, shanks? :affraid:
And can huntsmen really come in green, or is that Photoshop at work?

Yeah I was fine it stayed where it was.
And I don't think they come in green.. Well if they do be stuffed if I've seen one
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptyFri 8 Mar 2013 - 16:51

Friday afternoon, and I've just had a half-hour conference call (which I made a hash of), and now I'm just counting the minutes. Tick tock, tick tock... Sleep
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 4:47

I'm halfway through my 12 hour shift with the one I nearly quit because of
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 5:51

Long weekend - wooo Very Happy

I took Friday off as annual leave and have Monday off for Labour Day. 4 day weekends are great, plus I get another in 3 weeks for Easter! Thank you Christians for one of the few things you have done right Winky Face

I am spending the weekend doing some game reviews. I started strong with 80 reviews so far this year, but I hit a wall and need a break to build up some numbers of those done, so I don't feel pressured to get one done on the day. My life is too busy and I am way to tired. I still want to get through every one of my 1300+ games and 80 is a decent start. If only I would stop buying more, I got six more this week alone Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 8:24

Six this week? Shocked You multiformat gamers are so spoilt! Razz
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 8:52

Balladeer wrote:
Six this week? Shocked You multiformat gamers are so spoilt! Razz

2 PSP, 3 PS3 and an Xbox 360. Hey, they were cheap. 4 of the games cost me a total of $14 between them. The other 2 cost $35, imported. I can't resist a bargain.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:53

I just wanted to play a game. No. That would be too easy. Turn on the Xbox 360, connect to the internet and it needs an update. Oh wait, it needs 2 of them (I don't turn on the internet very often). So, I decide, whilst that happens, I will play Resistance 3 on the PS3 and considering how bad I am at shooting games, I will play it online. No, that's not going to happen as it needs not one, but four updates that will take several hours.

Whatever happened to a game system that you just put the game in and played? I played with my Wii instead. That works every time Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 14:59

PS3 is a nightmare for mandatory updates, though I've found it's not as bad if you play it regularly.

I also noticed that my original Wii often sat on a black screen before a disc loaded for aaaages if you'd not played it for a while. I presumed it was connecting to the internet for some reason. Haven't turned it on in eons, so couldn't tell you if it still does it.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 EmptySat 9 Mar 2013 - 15:04

Stu_the_great wrote:
PS3 is a nightmare for mandatory updates, though I've found it's not as bad if you play it regularly.

I also noticed that my original Wii often sat on a black screen before a disc loaded for aaaages if you'd not played it for a while. I presumed it was connecting to the internet for some reason. Haven't turned it on in eons, so couldn't tell you if it still does it.

I can go months without connecting the PS3 to the internet. It appears that the 360 hasn't been connected since about August last year, as it mentioned a date of September. I have a very long cable to the router, so I don't do that very often and Xbox Live will never happen with me. The Wii automatically connects to the internet and nothing has happened with updates for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Thread   The Chat Thread - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chat Thread
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next