Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Freedom Wars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Freedom Wars Empty
PostSubject: Freedom Wars   Freedom Wars EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:45

Freedom Wars JjVSPU3f0MxkK

The playstation vita's newest exclusive original game by sony and latest monster slaying type game.  In it you assume the role of a Sinner, the bottom dredge of society whose sole existence is to bring prosperity to your panopticon through fighting for the worlds extremely limited resources.  If you've played any monster hunter type games before you know how these things work, you gather loot from the enviroment and corpses of the monsters you slay to craft ever better gear.  The highlight is, naturally, the boss monsters you are frequently thrown up against.  One of the highlights of the combat is the "thorns", which effectively work as hookshots and allow you to latch on to the enviroment and monsters, key use of them is vital to achieving victory.

In news that might please some so far I haven't encountered anything that requires other player assistance.  So if you can't get good online going, fear not, there's a actual story to progress and you won't find the missions unplayable, at least from what I've played so far at any rate.  In fact outside three trophies all of them are unlocked offline, and several of them involve taking down the strongest of the games bosses offline.

On the off chance anybody else wants to pick this up and discuss this, or already has, then here's the place for all sinners. Feel free to enroll at your local Panopticon today!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

Freedom Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freedom Wars   Freedom Wars EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:46

It's on my to buy list for VITA
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Freedom Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freedom Wars   Freedom Wars EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 21:34

There was only two reasons why I had this game because A) it reminds me of God Eater/Monster Hunter and B) I had it cheap in CEX for £15 (£10) cheaper than normally thanks CEX! anyways to the game itself. I really REALLY enjoy it! it's a keeper and not selling any time soon. I love that you can fly in the air grappling on to building or the monster, fantastic idea! At the moment the story is looking okay but not gone far in it like I've done with the rest yet as it's pretty new so to be continued.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Freedom Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freedom Wars   Freedom Wars EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 13:53

It's a great game for sure, and probably the most plot-heavy hunting game I've played (also the least like Monster Hunter, in that it feels very third person shooter/action). Gods Eater is a good comparison, although I could never get into that because the bullet customisation was convoluted as all hell.

I need to go back and play some more actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Sponsored content

Freedom Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Freedom Wars   Freedom Wars Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom Wars
Page 1 of 1