Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:05

Kimishima is clearly a very pure businessman, but I respect the hell out of him for acknowledging this and therefore sharing the stage with so many passionate Nintendo folks. I'm really glad the likes of Koizuma are getting their time in the limelight; there's a big problem with fetishizing "the auteur" in videogames, but Shigsy, Aonuma and the like don't make games by themselves. The more of the wonderful people behind the games I like I'm introduced to, the better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 17:39

Just put up my review for Fate/EXTELLA on the day of the embargo lifting which may bring people to the site.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:48

Sort of guess that Crumples didn't actually pen the words attributed to him...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 22:49

He did type them out. . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptySat 28 Jan 2017 - 13:28

I talk VR and how I feel 3 months on.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptySat 28 Jan 2017 - 15:08

That's a nice piece there, mas. Thumbs Up! One of your best ones for the site, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptySat 28 Jan 2017 - 16:54

Thanks, I think because it comes form the heart more that it comes across better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptySat 28 Jan 2017 - 20:34

Seconding Zero there, Mas. I think Gintendo is at its best when you get these sort of personal articles that shed some light on the author, much like most of Drunka's portfolio or Jimbob's masterful kitchen piece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 13:20

Agree with everyone else's comments, good stuff from Mas as he knew what he wanted to say and said it.

In other news, I did a thing I mean, Theresa did a thing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 22:41

Two thumbs up in a row there:

Mas, I tend to poo-poo VR, but I take no joy in hearing that you're finding yourself less enamoured with PSVR - I know you were looking forward to it.

Mr. Summerhayes, that may be the finest work of gaming satire we'll ever see. Ever.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 1 Feb 2017 - 17:28

I hope that if Nintendo do do VR like patents and rumours have brought up that even though it is likely only going to be better then the likes of the Gear and Daydream, it solves the problem with VR on Consoles and PC, is the ease of use.

A simple VR where you just put the Switch in the headset, would do wonders.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 18:59

Something about Xbox, Fanboys and Gaming
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 19:41

Good piece there Mas. That said, Star Trek > Star Wars m8
The irony here is of the people I actually know, you're the only console fanboy I ever deal with Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 19:46

It's all in jest from me but I do see it a lot which might be a little bit of my fault because I follow so many people on Twitter, in a bunch of Facebook groups and read the articles posted on Kotaku for instance.

SEGA 4 Life though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 6:00

Is this a Muss piece? It reads like a Muss piece. Whoever it's by, it's a chuffing blinder. Well sourced too. Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 10:28

I thought the same as me and him had a debate about it on Twitter, it is a great piece.

He doesn't mention MS did start doing a 5 year warranty on all 360s with RROD which I do think is worth bringing up.

I don't know if twitter was the best place for our debate as my point wasn't they were the same but if the Joy-Con or the Wifi issue happened to me, then I would be annoyed as it means I've got to play in handheld mode where their doesn't seem to be a issue, buy a new set of Joy-Cons which still may have the issue, buy a Pro or in the case of Wifi a LAN adapter and have a cable running through the house.

I could also send back, which I did send back my 3DS XL to Nintendo which they repaired for free but took almost two weeks and I know Ibbster had similar issues on multiple occasions. Where with both of the 360s that RROD on me, MS picked up the next day and was back in 2-3 days as well along with some free Xbox Live for not being able to use XBL for a few days.

Sure the issue might be worse on the 360s as the system was dead but I had what maybe 5 days without it and it comes back fixed for free along with gold, goes along way to keeping a customer happy. Where if I had this issue with the Joy-Cons, I be like ohh I've got to deal with Nintendo great, but don't get me started on Sony.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 14:59

Aye twas me, ta.

Didn't know about the warranty to be fair, but it has little to do with what distinguishes the two situations. That Microsoft would freely repair a rrod five up to five years after it occurred doesn't change the fact they were selling a product with a known fault three years into its life.

Anecdotal experiences have their merits, I've never bought toshiba hardware since a laptop was shipped to me broken, but like I say in the article I know people who've had a terrible time with Microsoft's customer care. Without detailed stats, making positive claims about how good the two are relative to each other is hear say.

Which is my main point: its premature to make positive claims about an issue on which we've no reliable data.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 17:54

Sure like I said it's just based of personal experience on how the fault has or could be fixed, not on the actual fault.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 18:47

Aye, cracking article Muss.  Thumbs Up!

mas wrote:
or in the case of Wifi a LAN adapter and have a cable running through the house.

You should always want a wired connection anyway even if your only online use was to download games & as for the "cable running through the house" thing? For the longest time I was wi-fi only with my consoles because it'd take some major DIY to get a cable running from where my router is to my console but then a few years ago I found out about these powerline adapters which give you that wired connection without needing to run a massive cable.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 28 Mar 2017 - 19:45

A gaming article that uses statistics to prove its point?! Muss, my friend, I have a new crush! Love
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 0:53

A fun and informative read indeed!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 14:07

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye, cracking article Muss.  Thumbs Up!

mas wrote:
or in the case of Wifi a LAN adapter and have a cable running through the house.

You should always want a wired connection anyway even if your only online use was to download games & as for the "cable running through the house" thing? For the longest time I was wi-fi only with my consoles because it'd take some major DIY to get a cable running from where my router is to my console but then a few years ago I found out about these powerline adapters which give you that wired connection without needing to run a massive cable.

I know wired is better but I've never had a issue with my WiFi (Internet 30mb & 14mb this second from speed test) on any of my systems, downloads are quick (part from a Xbox One but I've heard others have it the other-way around with different internet providers) and I don't get lag or anything.

If I was going to start playing Overwatch Pro or something then every second counts and I'd also be using a wired controller as well.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 14:50

Fair enough, I was just pointing out that should you or anyone else have a wi-fi issue with Switch or any other system there's always a solution to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017 - 11:38

Here's a dumb article based on a conversation I had with Jas. I nearly called it Why I'm Trans(mog)phobic but I talked myself down.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017 - 14:13

Good stuff. Thumbs Up! It'll be interesting to see if those who go for full armour sets use transmog or not, obviously those who use mixed sets often will but seeing good mixed sets is actually quite rare in MH so seeing a transmogged one in MHXX will be as well I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 29 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next