Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 19 Aug 2015 - 10:13

The Number 1 game in the UK chart was LEGO Jurassic Park but it actually isn't as if digital was taken into account then PS4 exclusive Everybody's Gone to the Rapture would of been Number 1.

Should Digital games be taken into account for the chart as the music chart takes iTunes into account for instance or because there's PSN, Live, eShop's, STEAM, GOG etc there is to many Digital fronts to track that isn't taken into account.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 18:30

You can all guess what the Number 1 game was this week which had a series high beating Sons of Liberty by 37% in it's opening week, that sounds good but MGSV is on 5 tracked platforms where Sons of Liberty was just PS2.

On system breakdown it seems the MGS and Sony platforms bond continues with PS4 making up 72% of the sales, 22% for ONE, 3% for PS3, 2% on 360 and 1% for PC (Disc).

Also looking at the stats also shows even a game like MGS which is more action based continues the trend of games from Japan not doing to well on the Xbox platforms.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 22:26

masofdas wrote:
1% for PC (Disc).

I'd wager that including Steam the actual figure for PC will surpass the ONE's sales. It's been on top of the Steam top sellers list all week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 22:30

If you see my post before hand about everybody's gone to the rapture was number 1 really at some point that it would be interesting to see how something like MGSV stacked up on all 5 systems with downloads included.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 13:24

NIndietendo Defence Force, Unite!  Shovel Knight does well on Nintendo consoles, chap who's barely done any Nintendo stuff tells more indies to get on the Wii U. Maybe practise what you preach first?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 16:20

I don't think it means anything as the best system was STEAM which it came out first and has the largest install base, then Yacht Club appeared on a Direct and big fans of Nintendo which the game will appeal to the Nintendo audience being like early Mega Man games.

Like how something like MGSV does well on PlayStation as that's the audience.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:19

Balladeer wrote:
NIndietendo Defence Force, Unite!  Shovel Knight does well on Nintendo consoles, chap who's barely done any Nintendo stuff tells more indies to get on the Wii U.  Maybe practise what you preach first?

Not surprised by that at all seeing as it is a perfect fit for Nintendo consoles.

Mas wrote:

I don't think it means anything as the best system was STEAM which it came out first and has the largest install base, then Yacht Club appeared on a Direct and big fans of Nintendo which the game will appeal to the Nintendo audience being like early Mega Man games.

Like how something like MGSV does well on PlayStation as that's the audience.

It's still great to see though eh? Plus this shows that Nintendo have done great with indies with many being exclusive at first as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:32

Yeah the ones they've got behind have done well and like I was saying its all down to marketing and perception of a game.

As much as I agree with Balla to not have SK in smash , when I think of SK I think Nintendo though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 17:01

Interesting news from SEGA: sales are down but profits are up, or so it says here.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 17:14

So SEGA to go hardware only then? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 3 Nov 2015 - 19:26

I would buy there console at launch.

On sales Nintendo shares have lost even more value that of now I'm hearing around $5 billion of value is gone.

Sony posted numbers the PS4 has now hit just over 29m worldwide meaning it's still out pacing all systems part from the Wii which was on about 34m at this point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 10:56

Some random thoughts on this

Halo 5 had it's best launch ever bringing in $400 million but unlike previous Halo's, MS has included everything to do with Halo 5 including consoles, req packs etc

Also on MS they will know longer say how many consoles sold in there financial reports but how many people are using Xbox Live which is now cover 360, ONE, Windows

Does this seem like loser tactics to be harsh on MS as if they had the best selling consoles on Market they would be shouting about it, Sony did the same last gen early on with the PS3 they never said about how many consoles sold at the start when it got it's ass handed to it where MS did with the 360.

Same with Blizzard at the moment, who will no longer announce there numbers on how many are playing WoW.

That my question is, is this right that if your winning / losing to fudge your numbers to make you look better then your actually maybe doing, as Nintendo we know aren't doing the best with the Wii U but we know how many to the unit how many has sold no matter how good or bad it's doing?

Oh and Activision bought King (candy crush) for $5.9bn and Activision shares did take a nose dive but then went to a all-time high.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 18:18

Sing when you're winning.

Also, that King purchase is ludicrous. There's no way they're recouping those costs, surely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 18:25

Nintendo's honesty on the numbers front has resulted in the constant 'doomed' predictions, and one of the best ways to doom something is to tell everyone that it's doomed. MS are just trying to avoid that and spread some positive news about their systems. Is it right? It's right for the company, and we're just going to have to lump it.

And ActiviKing? Can only agree with Jay that it's ludicrous, but I have a sneaking feeling that they will recoup their costs, if they play things carefully enough.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 Nov 2015 - 19:17

The deal with king = that Activision paid $1200 per person that plays kings game.

So they got to get each one to spend more then that to get there money back.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 1:08

Well I like many others who have played Candy Crush. etc have only spent a total of £0 of their games so far, this is part of the reason I can't take mobile gaming legitimately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 7 Nov 2015 - 8:28

Mobile gaming is best for me on a pay-once-and-play basis, like Super Hexagon, Beat Sneak Bandit (amazing game) and FFV. This microtransaction/pay for extra lives thing is not my bag. I spent £0 in my CCS days too, but loads of people must be heaving cash to King, otherwise they wouldn't be worth eleventy zillion dollars and having more adverts out there than Nintendo. Sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 14:28

Got a correction, Activision will be paying $5.9bn and I said they need get everyone to spend $1200 each to get there money back but that's wrong.

As Candy Crush on its own has been downloaded 500 million times which if you do the maths $5.9bn divided 500 million times is $11.80 per download Activision has paid.

That looks more likely for them to get there money back from King with there other games as well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 17:49

Bloody maths. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 18:52

Yeah it was a article I read then I saw it was updated that they got it wrong but $12 sort per person / download surely has to be fairly easy to get.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 29 Nov 2015 - 21:49

What's this? The Wii U was the top-selling item on Black Friday for a well-known American retailer's website?! Perhaps only half a crumb of comfort for Nintendo...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 2 Dec 2015 - 9:23

A strange week in the UK Charts thanks to Black Friday

Software sales were up 60% compared to last week, but down on last year but console were up compared to last year with the PS4ONE having 86% of the consoles sold and 74% of all games sold is on them.

The Top 10 All Formats
1 FIFA 16, up 254% on last week mainly due to bundles
2 Call of Duty Black Ops III, up 47%
3 Star Wars Battlefront, down 52% which sounds bad but after first week a game normally goes down 70%
4 Fallout 4, up 8%
5 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, up 999% from 19th spot thanks to all those bundles
6 GTAV, up 385%
7 Minecraft: Story Mode,
8 Halo 5, up 195%
9 Rise of the Tomb Raider,
10 Forza 6, up 381%

Some other big jump in sales Disney Infinity 3 +281%, LEGO Marvel Superheroes +541%. Big re-entries such as The Last of Us: Remastered at No21, Batman: Arkham Knight at No23, Until Dawn at No24, The Witcher III at No28 and Knack, yes Knack in at Number 30.

On the individual format chart
Number 1 PS4 game is FIFA 16 (1st on the chart)
Number 1 XBONE game is FIFA 16 (2nd on the chart)
Number 1 X360 game is FIFA 16 (12th on the chart)
Number 1 PS3 game is FIFA 16 (16th on the chart)
Number 1 Wii U game is Mario Kart 8 (24th on the chart, 25th on the all formats chart)
Number 1 PC game Football Manager 2016 (36th on the chart, 32nd on all formats)
Number 1 3DS game Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Not on Individual chart, but 40th on all formats)
Number 1 VITA game Minecraft PlayStation Edition (Not on Individual chart, but technically 29th on all formats)
Number 1 DS game Despicable Me (on no other chart)
Number 1 PSP game Sonic Rivals 2 (on no other chart), PSP had 7 new entires in it's Top 10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 28 Dec 2015 - 21:07

Your Christmas Number 1 was Call of Duty Black Ops III

Some news on Nintendo games in the charts Mario Kart 8 & Splatoon made the all-format Top 40 in 32nd & 37nd but the only game on a Nintendo system on the individual format was Just Dance 2016 on Wii.

Meaning Just Dance was the bestselling game on a Nintendo system in the last week before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 6 Jan 2016 - 9:10

Some of you may of seen it but Sony has announced numbers of the PS4 ending 2015, the last time they announced numbers it was in November as the system it 30m a decent landmark then it went and hit 35.7m by the end of 2015.

They sold 5.7m PS4's in a month which was also the best holiday ever for any PlayStation system.

No one has mentioned about pacing but it out pacing the PS2 back at 30m that you would imagine still out pacing that and little behind the Wii.

The numbers for the 8th gen at the moment is 35.7m PS4, 19.2m Xbox One (rumored, still out pacing the Xbox 360) and 12.4m Wii U (rumored but Nintendo do announce there numbers that we will know at some-point the actual numbers).

And who said console gaming was dead?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 9 Jan 2016 - 1:28

Idiots. Idiots say that.

By "idiots" I mean analysts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next