Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What podcasts are you listening to?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Fastpie
Balladeer
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
masofdas
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

What podcasts are you listening to? Empty
PostSubject: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 19:10

I'm a big listener of podcasts; when I'm doing something at work where I can avoid the public, like trolleys or reductions, running, going to the gym, doing chores around town or the house, long car journeys... pretty much any time I can listen to something longer than a song, I've got a podcast on. And, ask Andy, I'm pretty good at getting mentioned on them as well!

I wanted to make a thread to discuss what podcasts we listen to, recommend them to each other and generally chat about what we like and dislike. I'll admit I listen to more videogame related podcasts than anything else, but I didn't put this in the gaming forum as that's not exclusively what I listen to and hopefully isn't all the rest of you listen to as well.

Also, the two podcasts I've most recently started listening to I really want to recommend to The Balls Man and Jay and Jas respectively, so that's another reason I'm starting this thread.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sun 28 Jun 2015 - 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 19:11

I'll kick things off with my podcasts of choice:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 19:27

Some of them I've heard of some I've not but I should checkout Midnight especially.

Myself all gaming with IGN's Podcast Beyond the worlds Number 1 PlayStation Podcast, Jim Sterling's now & again, Kinda Funny's as it has the old IGN PlayStation grew and that's about part from

DreamPod a Dreamcast podcast, there could be a few others that I can't think of but a lot of my gaming stuff comes from various YT people whom do smaller vids like Jimquisition.

Also TRP Natch, ohh and everyone else that isn't me or Drunka GNamer Podcast is the correct answer.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:19

Wow - that's a lot of podcasts! I don't have time to listen to much else, but:

Of course, GNamer Podcast (collusion)
The Rotating Platform - to which this is surely the unofficial forum

And from the Laser Time Network*, Laser Time and Vidjagame Apocalypse.

I don't have time for owt else; but I would like to try Midnight Resistance or Chat Very Good.

*Formed by former employees of GamesRadar US' golden generation (the web equivalent of N64 mag's crew)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:30

Ooh yeah, chat very good is another one I should've mentioned! I've had some questions and shout outs on there too
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:35

Only just noticed your new sig Drunka, what's the second one Balla says about.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:38

That was my Frenchy bird review.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 20:55

Excellent
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 21:59

The concept of that podcast you recommended for me sounds bloody brilliant Drunka. Will definitely check it out.

My podcasts of choice:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 22:06

The Rotating Platform
The Jim Ross Report
The Stone Cold one as mentioned by Jay
I also watch a few Youtube channels, such as Adam Koralik (for games) and Dead End Hip Hop (for music)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 22:10

Typed them all out, lost them all because Forumotion is playing silly buggers. Hissy fit

My podcasts:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 23:10

gjones wrote:
The Rotating Platform
The Jim Ross Report
The Stone Cold one as mentioned by Jay
I also watch a few Youtube channels, such as Adam Koralik (for games) and Dead End Hip Hop (for music)

Adam has been on DreamPod and does some good retro stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 21:18

I only listen to a few regularly, am subscribed to about 10 overall. I'll list the regulars.

TRP: Easily my standout favourite, I've been mentioned once or twice (mainly when sending Nightfire into the eternal lava sleep). If you're a member of this forum and you haven't listened to this yet, I think Greener is legally allowed to have you shot.

The Rooster Teeth podcast: I've trained my brain to use this podcast as a sleeping aid. Mostly it works, but when it doesn't I have entertainment to keep my mind occupied. Employees of the huge internet company come together to shoot the shit, share stories and talk about news and so on. Crackin' stuff.

The Starburst Magazine Radio Show: I'm a bit biased here as I write for them. I think I'm legally obligated to listen to it. Good for a laugh, and their...'loose' structure can see them go on entertaining tangents while trying to bear in mind that they have to do a news roundup at some point.

The StrawHatNo podcast: every once in a while, the guys behind the wonderfully funny Let's Play channel do a podcast with their Patrons and discuss games generally.

Retsutalk: Been listening to this one for a while, their Pax episodes (with their readings of Craigslist casual encounter ads) are always gold and some resourceful fans have managed to wrangle some great intros for them. They also managed to corral some impressive guests in episodes 35-50 odd, including Ben Croshaw and Michael and Ray from Rooster Teeth.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 29 Jun 2015 - 22:02

Fastpie wrote:

Retsutalk: Been listening to this one for a while, their Pax episodes (with their readings of Craigslist casual encounter ads) are always gold and some resourceful fans have managed to wrangle some great intros for them. They also managed to corral some impressive guests in episodes 35-50 odd, including Ben Croshaw and Michael and Ray from Rooster Teeth.

Ah, the Retsupurae lads are really funny. I listened to this one for a while - really ought to continue listening. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:54

Double posting to say that I've been listening to Dark Calls as per the recommendation of Drunka and it's a good 'un. Makes me want to replay Dark Souls. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:22

Yay! How much have you heard? Highlights are the lore episode with the midnight resistance lads and the one where David finally realises he's been telling James the wrong controls.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:33

I listened to my first episode of Chat Very Good the other day - the one about all the podcasts (so doubly relevant to the thread!).  I didn't enjoy it much, I'm afraid.  I'm not really interested in podcasts outside my very specific sphere (i.e. gaming), and I didn't get all the in-jokes, nor could I give less of a damn about the two blokes who aren't Tamoor and Skrebels.  Still, they did a bit about Jim Sterling vs. Digital Homicide, which was more interesting than Jim Sterling talking about Jim Sterling vs. Digital Homicide, so there's that.  

Speaking of whom, he and the Podquisition did a very nice respectful piece on Iwata this week.  Then tore into Randy Pitchford with a rusty sickle, which is always fun.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:36

Have you tried Sound of Play yet Balla?

Also, it is amusing setting other people's approach to podcasts; with something like Chat Very Good, my instinct is to go to episode one and catch up.

Also also: sad to hear people don't care about Sean Bell and Gary Dooton Sad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yay! How much have you heard? Highlights are the lore episode with the midnight resistance lads and the one where David finally realises he's been telling James the wrong controls.

I think I just finished listening to the one where James gets bloody frustrated about the Capra Demon. And when he tells him the wrong controls to do the kick? Brilliant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:42

Bloody funny stuff, and the episodes are just short enough that I don't find getting bored.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:43

Yeah, perfect bus journey length episodes! They've a great rapport too, which only makes it easier to listen to.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 17:43

Drunkalilly wrote:
Have you tried Sound of Play yet Balla?

Also, it is amusing setting other people's approach to podcasts; with something like Chat Very Good, my instinct is to go to episode one and catch up.

Also also: sad to hear people don't care about Sean Bell and Gary Dooton Sad

I simply don't have the time or inclination to listen to all of the CVG episodes. Sad Although with only 19 episodes, I might give SoP a go right from the beginning.

And I just don't know who they are! Out of the four, Skrebels is the most interesting, but I enjoy listening to Tamoor simply because I know him (or know of him) from his CVG...

Digression Alert: It took me a shamefully long time to get that one. Embarrassed

...days. I don't know Sean or Gary from Adam.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 18:35

Gary is probably my second favourite and I'd never heard of him before CVG, properly nice bloke.

I'm in a bit of a rut after going through the superb Bitsocket at incredible speed (I'd recommend that to everyone, it's just so much fun) nothing comes out regularly enough for my mad listening speed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 19:02

Andy, do you listen to Regular Features? Not about games as such but very funny, a similar format to bitsocket and, best of all, released weekly.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 19:57

I don't, I tried it out once and didn't really get wheat they were talking about (I think, it was a while a go) though I have been tempted to try again. Problem is if something is too funny I struggle with listening at work as I burst out laughing and look insane...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? Empty

Back to top Go down

What podcasts are you listening to?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next