Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No Man's Sky

Go down 
+4
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

No Man's Sky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 20:33

It violated PSN's code of conduct apparently from the email I got from PlayStation, I guess it was due to fact I was streaming early but who knows as loads still streaming it including games sites.

I've read the update note and seems to be loads in the day zero patch along with hints what is coming with base building and having fleets of ships sometime in the future.

I will stream more but after launch I doubt I'll get in the near the almost 4,000 views from the video, I did do and the whole rest of the universe and goals.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 21:43

This was going to be my first day one buy since SFV, but my car has an oil leak Sulk
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 23:09

Yeah, Hello Games have been pulling down streams on Twitch before release. I get why they're doing it, to be fair - they've said that there's not much point in showing off or reviewing an early release just now because the day one patch is going to drastically change the game. And from the looks of things, they weren't joking!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2016 - 10:48

All this day one patch hype

Even if the game arrives early I won't play it until release
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2016 - 21:56

My copy has been dispatched, so I should be playing this tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyTue 9 Aug 2016 - 10:11

Played 3hrs of post-patch, not a lot has seemed have changed from what I can see part from the more slots which is good thing.

On the game itself, in is feeling very much like any other game but on a far larger scale.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Aug 2016 - 21:14

I'm liking what I've played of it so far, but it's not what I expected. For one, there's a lot more resource management than I'd expected - it's not a carefree jaunt through the stars. I've also not been stunned by any of the planets I've visited as of yet, although I hear they get crazier the closer you get to the centre of the universe.

Having said that, two three hour play sessions did not feel like three hours, which is a promising sign.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Aug 2016 - 21:42

I started this tonight and enjoyed what I played. Seems like the kind of game that I'll be able to kick back with whilst watching something or listening to a podcast. Definitely something I'll beplaying in bitesize chunks too.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Aug 2016 - 0:10

Oh, absolutely. It's one of the most chilled experiences I've had playing a game - nothing overly taxing, and the sheer size of it means you never really feel like you have to find everything on a planet. I've spent hours on some planets and minutes on others.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 14:16

I've only got this from reviews I've read & a little bit of a stream I watched but have you's not got bored doing the same thing over & over? There's some aspects I know I'd enjoy like the general exploration but there doesn't seem be to enough variety (to the goals you can set) especially if you compare it to something like Minecraft.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:04

Yeah I found the game to be very boring to play. Not to say they're isn't good things like the art-style, soundtrack, from a development stand point and what it could do for future games but as a actual game, I'd sooner play Goldeneye inverted and left-hand.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 20:53

I think it's a game you need to take your time with and set some goals. Whilst the core gameplay of exploring and mining stays the same O'm constantly moving towards my next goal and having a decent time exploring. I really think people are missing that this isn't a game for a big session. Whack it on after work or just before bed, explore a world and have a good time just taking it in.

To me this is the kind of thing people get out of Journey, it just has some actual gameplay to accompany the wandering and the pretty environments, even if it is still pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 15:20

Like I said to you on Skype last night it feels like there could just be so much more to it & I'm sure there will be with future patches etc but for me it's a bit of shame it doesn't seem to be the type of game where you can happily get lost just from the exploring aspect.

I think the videogamer review pretty much nails how I feel about it.

http://www.videogamer.com/reviews/no_mans_sky_review.html
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:12

As stated elsewhere, I've traded this in. Once I'd experienced the first few galactic warps and realised the game was pretty much following a cycle of "warp, gather materials, craft fuel, repeat", I figured I didn't want to spend any more time on it. A shame, as it could have been so much more.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:14

I reckon 12 months time this will be good due to patches etc but now it is following a cycle of "warp, gather materials, craft fuel, repeat".
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:15

Oh yeah - I think Minecraft is an apt comparison as there wasn't a lot to do in that at launch as well, and now it's inundated with features.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Man's Sky   No Man's Sky - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Man's Sky
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Nontendo-
Jump to: