Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Buskalilly
gjones
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 16:17

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm sure we'll get some exclusive titles for ScorpNeo, they'll likely be dubbed with the subtitle "Remastered HD" though.

What I think they'll do is when Uncharted 4 is patched to run in 4K, they'll re-release the game and put on box Neo Ready or something. It won't be a remaster but a reason to re-release the game ala a platinum or classics.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 1:28

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
I still struggle to tell the difference between SD and HD

Suspect

I've yet to see one HD upgrade that is noticeably better, maybe I'm just not paying enough attention.

masofdas wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
I'm sure we'll get some exclusive titles for ScorpNeo, they'll likely be dubbed with the subtitle "Remastered HD" though.

What I think they'll do is when Uncharted 4 is patched to run in 4K, they'll re-release the game and put on box Neo Ready or something. It won't be a remaster but a reason to re-release the game ala a platinum or classics.

Only not at a platinum/classics price.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:38

When you say about you've not seen a HD upgrade to be noticeably better do you mean like Uncharted on PS3 to Uncharted on PS4 with the collection

That I can understand but I think OR was confused when you said couldn't tell the difference between SD and HD, if you had something like FIFA 06 and 16 next to each other and can't tell the difference between SD and HD.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 12:24

If I end up moving abroad to work in a year's time then I'll pick up a Neo, but otherwise I'm not interested.

The idea of mid-generation console improvements doesn't really bother me, there are certainly a bunch of frame-rate activists out there who want higher fidelity and more frames, this is probably a move to placate them and we have had power-up kits before. Equally it could also be a VR thing.

I don't think we're going to see Neo exclusives; fairly certain Sony expect all games to run on the original. What'll be interesting is just how significant the difference is in terms of performance.

Regardless most people are going to have the cheaper One or PS4, so it would behoove developers to make their games work on the originals, but with some extra bells and whistles on the super versions.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 12:33

Alright, Beast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 12:35

...the sequel to Altered Beast?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 25 Jun 2016 - 12:54

It's going to be very curious how many pick up a Neo or Scorpio when they come out as the install base will always be higher on the PS4 & ONE over there upgraded counter parts, that will ever see the true benefit especially of the Scorpio knowing if your Ubisoft you've got to make AC: 1942 run on PS4, Neo, ONE, Scorpio, NX (We hope) and PC's. There not going to take the time to get the Scorpio version to run in 4K 60FPS perfectly.

The main problem with both as well is needing a 4KTV certainly with Scopio unless you care about VR, for Neo I'm not as sure if you will need a 4KTV as the rumors point you will still get benefits on a regular 1080p such as the game running at 1080p 60fps for instance.

A few PC guys I know basically said Spencer when talking about the Scorpio was clueless about it and the whole need a 4KTV thing as in there opinion, yes you could run the game in 4K but with you ran it in 1080p but turned the textures up or whatever the PC guys do with sliders and the Scorpio does that with it's extra POWER, meaning if I'm playing on a 1080p the Scorpio would know and it would adjust the sliders on Halo 6 accordingly that even without a 4KTV I would benefit from the Scorpio, that sounds like what the Neo is doing from the rumors.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016 - 18:39

masofdas wrote:
When you say about you've not seen a HD upgrade to be noticeably better do you mean like Uncharted on PS3 to Uncharted on PS4 with the collection  

That I can understand but I think OR was confused when you said couldn't tell the difference between SD and HD, if you had something like FIFA 06 and 16 next to each other and can't tell the difference between SD and HD.

Nah, basically meant 99% of HD remakes are a con, no difference aside from the console. Oh and I don't even wanna get started on the PS3 to PS4 re-releases. Such a lazy trend that needs to die out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 8:24

I totally disagree as there not a Con they do improve most of the times with visuals these remasters, in my eyes this is no different to seeing Ghostbusters on VHS , DVD, Blu Ray and 4K. Yeah it's still the same movie but each one should look visually better and doubt anyone went they shouldn't bring Ghostbusters to Blu Ray, it's fine on DVD.

And that's the thing people want better all the time and in the case of games, they want to play games the best they can. If they didn't GTAV for instance wouldn't have sold 15 Million on PS4ONE and we wouldn't be getting what is essentially remaster versions of actual consoles as there are people that do want improvements from the current 1080p 60fps (at a push on a certain console) to 4K 60fps.

This is no different in other things be it TV's we went from Black & White to Colour to Flat Screens to HD to 4K and in 2020 the Tokyo Olympics will be shown in 8k or take my phone there's a 4K version, it doe the same thing but the screen looks better.

I know Jas has said in the past games our slightly diffenrt as Blue Point for instance still need to take to remaster the game and they need to do this every time, and they could be making their own game.

But at the end of the day we vote with our wallets and if we buy 4KTV's & Monitors and we've been buying HD Remasters of the likes of GTAV and people go on the internet going this game isn't 1080p 60fps, then know wonder Sony & Microsoft our making consoles for those people, who want the best they can get.

You maybe happy to play GTAV on PS3 as you just don't care it looks better or might not even be able to tell due a few reasons but others clearly do.

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 11:34

I agree with the general point, but GTAV is probably a bad example considering it has more than just graphical and performance improvements with first person mode, more cars/pedestrians on screen, and larger online sessions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 15:41

ahhh this old chestnut again...........nut no daein it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 18:18

Yeah GTAV might not be the best example, also games have changed over the years to be more of service especially if online and GTAV fits that bill.

Sorry Jas to bring up again, but Smurf saying there a con really bugged me as the teams like Blue Point would likely work very hard to do these remasters which are improved.

I get if he doesn't like or doesn't want but some do, we can't have everything we want. The other good thing about remasters, is they can help preserve games for the future.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 9:23

As far as HD remakes go I have MGS HD collection, Jak and Daxter trilogy, Sly trilogy and Ico/SOTC. For PS3 -> PS4 I have GTAV, Journey Collection and Sleeping Dogs.

All of them are good purchases imo - the HD remakes all also have the advantage of being available on portable for the first time too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 17:46

The thing is, it'd be just as easy to make a sequel to a game with the odd difference here and there than make a remaster and that'd be fine with me. Everyone might judge yearly games like Assassins Creed but at least that's making the effort to offer a new story, a new world, new characters.

People might buy them regardless, I get that, sometimes they might just wanna play through it again and think "might as well play it on this console now". I still think they rarely offer any real advantage over their originals though, GTA being a rare example of some big additions and improvements.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 19:14

I know it's different again but they do it with films and they re-print books etc but for some reason if it's games re-released, it's a issue. yes some of this are different and you could say the re-print of a book is like a platinum version of game instead of a remaster but still it's there if people want it.

I don't know if it would be just as easy as look at some of the remasters, I don't think anyone would want The Last of Us 2 that quick for instance.

I'm all for people having the choice, if they want to buy a remaster and it's available then that's up to them. I know when I get a 4KTV and a something is on 4K that I want to watch, I be watching in 4K be it if I seen it before or not or I can watch on SD as I want to watch in 4K as others maybe want to play a game now in 1080p 60fps.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 14:24

September 7th 8pm BST in New York City where the PS4 was first shown will be the event for the PS4 Neo which from what we know, will likely come out within a month or so after this event.

Also we will see games running on it maybe FFXV which I still think will be the first Neo Mode game and maybe some others Red Dead 3, Deep Down.

I think this also signals no PGW and maybe no European conference at all this year unless PSX is coming to Europe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:43

ZeroJones wrote:
...it's madness. Madness Madnusson, the former host of Madstermind.

Was this ever a tagline? And if not why not?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 13 Aug 2016 - 19:49

No, I don't think. In response to the follow-up question, I always prefer to put up other people's taglines than one of my own.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 10:44

Yesterday Aaron Greenberg (a top guy at Xbox) said this in a interview:

Q: The Xbox platform has moved forward to have such regular updates and new features coming all the time. It kind of seems like hardware is going the same way. There was a very short gap between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S, and we're probably talking an even shorter gap before Project Scorpio. Do you see a future of console upgrades continually happening? Is this the last console generation?

Greenberg: I think it is. ... For us, we think the future is without console generations; we think that the ability to build a library, a community, to be able to iterate with the hardware -- we're making a pretty big bet on that with Project Scorpio. We're basically saying, "This isn't a new generation; everything you have continues forward and it works." We think of this as a family of devices.

But we'll see. We're going to learn from this, we're going to see how that goes. So far I'd say, based on the reaction, there appears to be a lot of demand and interest around Project Scorpio, and we think it's going to be a pretty big success. If the games and the content deliver, which I think they will do, I think it will change the way we think about the future of console gaming.

What do you guys think of this, I've said before I can see MS leaving the console space in a traditional sense as they've been bringing all their games to PC and wanted to do all digital with the XBONE that I think will eventually just get a X-BOX which is just like a steam box but has Xbox titles on it and each box has different specs.

But staying on the Xbox One to Scorpio is a 4 year gap, now they have to play the same games (part from VR) now if they iterate on the Scorpio in 4 years after that and the whole ecosystem that games still have to play on the Xbox One which would be 8 years gap between it and Scorpio 2. How do you think this will effect gaming if devs still have to make a game work on systems which have such different specs as the gap between Xbox one and Scorpio is huge and could become even more huge.

To me it could hold gaming back or could we get games like Shadow of Mordor which on current gen has the nemesis system and last gen doesn't, could we have things like that and stuff just lost.

Now MS aren't the only ones doing this as we have the Neo which is more in line with between One S & Scorpio, if specs are still true for that but Andrew House & Shuhei have both sort of said PS5 will still be sort of thing with out saying so.

How do you feel though if we don't get a Xbox Two or PS5 and it is just update the Xbox One and PS4 for ever and the specs of those systems in 2013 could effect consoles in 2033 and gaming.

If that happens it makes me worried and more excited for Nintendo as I can't see them doing something like that and more so for VR as devs might not be able to be as creative as they want on a console but with VR they might come up with some new ideas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 18:15

mas wrote:
How do you feel though if we don't get a Xbox Two or PS5 and it is just update the Xbox One and PS4 for ever and the specs of those systems in 2013 could effect consoles in 2033 and gaming.

I think the biggest issue they'll have is showing people a real reason to upgrade, with normal generations that has always been pretty clear but a direction like is a lot murkier since the jumps in tech will effectively be smaller.

Also I know I wouldn't want to be buying a new system every 2 years or so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 19:38

You say smaller but the gap between Xbox One and Scorpio is like a console generation leap but Scorpio is still based on Xbox One architecture but if they then iterate on the Scorpio again will the jump be like PS1 to PS3 but PS3 games still have to work on PS1.

If that becomes true, I can't see how gaming can move on with new ideas such as the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor.

I'm not saying I don't like the upgrades and I'll likely get both coming as I'm getting a 4KTV and I like VR which Scorpio will have but I don't want them to then iterate on those system for ever as I want new gaming ideas and i don't want to buy a system every 4 years it seems which might not add much more or it could but the older systems could hold games back behind from being much better.

But like I said on my above post, I feel MS will go all digital and this won't matter.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 20 Aug 2016 - 9:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 2:01

I said "effectively smaller" not that the upgrades are smaller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Aug 2016 - 9:35

Sorry I read tech will effectively be smaller and thought you meant the leaps in tech under the hood will be a smaller jump.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Aug 2016 - 17:08

Read more of his interview and some of what he's saying makes sense as how see he sees MS and their as a service and want to get in the hands of everyone but not all want a PC and not all want to spend hundreds on a high-end device that their not replacing the Xbox One but for those that have a PC or want a high-end device and gamers will have that option, no matter where there playing Xbox Anywhere games.

And as a studio and company you want as many people to play your games from a both point of views of getting the most money as possible and more appreciation for your hard-work.

He did also talk more about Scorpio and how its a high-end premium device which will deliver true 4K gaming, that this has to be a expensive as 4k graphic cards are $450+ and some don't give you true 4K either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Nov 2016 - 18:20

Triple Post but the first since September

It begins?
New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 MDUpde9kwcnnE263Jq8B8S-650-80
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?   New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New consoles from the big three, madness or brilliant? (Now with added Scorpio & Neo!) This the last gen?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next