Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 23:00

The exit polls are predicting a hung parliament. Don't know if I should celebrate this news? Things will be much more clear in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 23:10

Hopefully they will be clearer!

Only political rant I will do (I've been good this year): Even if, as is very unlikely, I somehow get what I want, I'm still pissed off that we're going through with this. We didn't need to have a GE at this time, and it was clearly done for selfish purposes. I'm sick of hearing people talk about soundbytes rather than basic details, and I'm sick of having to hear people who are happy with something that happened, unhappy with something that happened, will be happy with the result, unhappy with the result... of course I think that anyone who voted differently from me is a fucking headcase, and I will probably moan like hell if results go as originally expected... and if not, I will be sick of all the people that are now whining that the world is fucking ending... anyway sorry what
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 5:57

Even if it's not as hung as we might like, it seems to have blown up in the face of the aforementioned selfish person to some extent. Which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 8:29

This is a very positive sign, but we're not out of the water yet. This is like the end of A New Hope, rather than the end of Return of the Jedi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 19:29

And the Conservatives have actually found a party worse than UKIP to ally with. Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 11:43

To Do List

• Contact your own MP, particularly if they're Conservative. Whether you voted for them or not, they represent you. Let them know your misgivings about the DUP and its attitudes to women, LGBTQ+ people, creationism and climate change. Not to mention the danger to the Northern Irish Peace Process of officially partnering with one or the other side at all.
  • Write to the 19 outwardly queer Conservative MPs about similar issues, urging them to be strong and not vote in favour of this hate group and their awful ideas.
  • Sign this petition.
  • Join up with the local branch of Labour, Green or whatever other progressive party you support. Get knowledgeable, get connected, and be prepared to get out and canvass. I would be shocked if we're not in for another election in the very near future. The Tories only just held onto power this time by making a deal with the devil. Everyone should be fighting tooth and nail to make sure they don't get away with it again.

Spoiler:

I'm still not over the irony of Theresa May siding with the DUP after spending so much energy accusing Corbyn of being a terrorist sympathiser. It beggars belief.

I haven't written to my MP yet, either here in Cheltenham or back in Wells, where I actually voted, as they've both voted pretty consistently against equal rights and gay rights, so I'm not sure how to word it. Just concentrated on the Peace Process angle.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sat 10 Jun 2017 - 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 13:10

Not being in England and not following this beyond the small shreds of news that made it over here I'm not going to pretend I have a informed opinion regarding the issues, but I will say that seeing what looked to be a poor attempt at a power play to solidify ones leadership backfiring as spectacularly as this did is mighty amusing. Wonder how long it'll be before the Conservatives knife May in the back, I hear that unlike over here where they die by their leaders the Conservatives in the UK are fairly ruthless to those who fail to get results.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 13:28

It is definitely hilarious, if you're looking at it like that. And yeah, leaders aren't particularly respected over here by their parties unless they get results and keep MPs in their jobs.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 17:03

As I said to a colleague yesterday, there's a new dictionary definition of shooting yourself in the foot. No
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 20:28

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA, now the English have to deal with Northern Irish politicians for a while. I disagree that this move will have any major effect on the peace in Northern Ireland, Sinn Fein (The main nationalist party and formerly the political branch of the IRA) have very little interest in what happens at Westminister - they don't even take their seats. Point being, I think any attempt to say the DUP are or were related to terror groups (they were, but now officially reject them) and that the troubles will magically start up again is blatant scare mongering.
However, the DUP are sexist, homophobic, racist, fundamentalist, climate change denying morons.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:20

It's the last line that worries me, DUCKster... although I do keep seeing tweets asking how the Conservatives are going to stay neutral in the peace process now they have this arrangement with the DUP.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 21:32

I just think it's important to spurn people for the right reasons, hopefully their backwards views don't seep into future policy-making or we could once again find ourselves in the 1800's or some other, simlarly old, time period. As far as remaining neutral toward NI politics and the peace process is concerned, the conservative party or whichever party is in power doesn't often weigh in on peace related issues because we have Stormont to manage those things. However, as it stands the Stormont Assembly doesn't exist (I'm not an expert on politics but it fell apart over a botched renewable fuel subsidy scheme, causing Sinn Fein to pull out of the power sharing executive in protest). So I'm not entirely sure exactly what's going to happen but I'm certain it won't result in a civil war.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 10 Jun 2017 - 23:00

The way they tell it over here is that the possibility of a hard border post-Brexit might upset things, and this DUP issue is just adding to the pile of issues. Even if it isn't enough to cause a major issue in practice, in principle it is literally a violation of the Good Friday agreement.

But yeah, it's all the other issues that really scare me. The Conservatives have already mentioned the possibility of a vote to lower the maximum abortion term, to keep the DUP sweet.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySun 11 Jun 2017 - 15:28

The thing that gives me some hope regarding that? Ruth Davidson is currently the most successful Conservative, after Scottish Tories significantly increased their share of the seats (Jay, Jas, Cappa - come on guys, pull yer fingers oot). I can't see her being particularly in favour of the DUP's social policies.

Only some hope, mind. She's not exactly got much vested interest in abortion terms.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:25

Erk. More than 15k posts. I'm going to have to think of something to post for 20k, aren't I? I was sure the forum would be dead by then...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:39

I think it's about time we brought in some new ranks...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:40

Just because you don't want to be lonely.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 14 Jun 2017 - 20:47

God Ranks let's do it!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2017 - 16:24

20,000 - 24,999 Cuck
25,000 - 29,999 SJW Cuck
30,000 + Massive Cuckold
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2017 - 18:51

I was thinking more 'Zapdos', 'Din', 'Shigeru Miyamoto'... but it's up to the admins., natch!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptySat 24 Jun 2017 - 16:35

I think we'll be going with Drunka's idea. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyMon 26 Jun 2017 - 20:20

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 Giphy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2017 - 21:51

After watching food documentary What The Health on Netflix, Jo has decided to go vegan. I am joining in as much as I can, but we have yet to find a good goats' milk replacement. Coconut milk is a definite 'no'. Next on the list is almond milk. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2017 - 22:11

Wow. Good for her/you if she/you can manage it! I can't contemplate going veggie, so picky an eater am I, but I have the utmost respect for those who do (and don't go on about it incessantly).
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 EmptyWed 26 Jul 2017 - 22:25

ZeroJones wrote:
After watching food documentary What The Health on Netflix, Jo has decided to go vegan. I am joining in as much as I can, but we have yet to find a good goats' milk replacement. Coconut milk is a definite 'no'. Next on the list is almond milk. Thumbs Up!

I think being veggie takes 1 car's CO2 off the road per year, vegan might be 2. Can't remember but either way the environment will thank her for that! I've contemplated going vegan before but A: I'm an incompetent cook, and B: I live within walking distance of a small Lidl only and would end up eating the same meal every day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 11 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 37  Next