Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread

Go down 
+13
Treesmurf
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
fronkhead
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 10:21

I've gone and downloaded almost Andy's Number 5 game of 2017 - Nights in the Woods for the Switch over the PS4 or ONE due to having credit in my USA account but did have to go buy a $10 eShop voucher for £8 (still £12 less then buying NitW from the UK store) which has left me $6.42 in my USA account which might be useful for Owlboy which is $24.99 which does seem an owful lot.

At the moment I'm of course playing MonHan World mainly that I don't know when I'll actually get to NitW and I've barely touched my Switch since Super Mario Odyessy even with thing's like LA Noire being half done and rather decent.

Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 11:00

I can't decide if I want to pick up Night in the Woods on Switch, I enjoyed it a lot on PC but I didn't really see much reason to replay it. I've heard that there's some new content and extra dialogue now but I can't find any information on how much new content/dialogue there is or what the new content is
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 11:39

I think it's got Longest Night, Lost Constellation and whatever else Weird Autumn added but like you I don't know what any of that is and looking on PSN and XBL it was just added in so you can't buy Night in the Woods or Night in the Woods: Weird Autumn edition, you can just buy Night in the Woods like it is on Switch with all the content.

I guess depending on when you played it on PC, you may have played some of the extra content.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 18:58

Got me a Celeste. Each challenge is presented on a single screen and it feels like it's going to be possible to work out how to get through each of those screens by working it out, rather than the trial and improvement approach that some platformers demand (*cough*CloudberryKingdom*cough*). I've only played it in handheld mode so far, though, and I don't think it'll look that special on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 13:43

Subsurface Circular from Mike Bithell is coming to Switch next month and the first place after Mobile and PC where it's got a 10/10 on STEAM to play it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 16:34

masofdas wrote:
Subsurface Circular from Mike Bithell is coming to Switch next month and the first place after Mobile and PC where it's got a 10/10 on STEAM to play it.

I waited to the play this for the vote and glad I did plus I've just seen NLife have given this 10/10. Shame I'll likely be the only one who voted for it this year and it could be one that a lot maybe like.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 20:12

I did spot that. I'm sure it'll get some more votes for the next Switch vote - a lot of folk around these parts liked TwA, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 18:20

NL has posted a whole bunch of things on the old eShop today that I have varying levels of interest in.

First: Mr. Gunman Clive is doing something new.  I loved GC1 and enjoyed GC2, so this is definitely good news! Bounce

Second: South-East Asia's most expensive Kickstarter counts the Switch among its platforms.  The usual Kickstarter caveats apply, and this is a long way off if it happens at all, but I've always stayed away from farming sims. as farming on its own sounded boring.  (And I didn't pick up Rune Factory for whatever reason.)  So this has, at the very least, piqued my interest.

And third: I wish I'd liked BTR2FLoRA, because this looks like something quite special... but I suspect it'd only end up exasperating me all over again. Sulk
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 20:39

Two out of three, for me. It looks like the game from the Gunman Clive man is a similar-ish run and gun, which I can get behind. Runner3 I am well up for, but the appeal of the farm has never spoken to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 15 Mar 2018 - 22:14

Balladeer wrote:
I did spot that.  I'm sure it'll get some more votes for the next Switch vote - a lot of folk around these parts liked TwA, didn't they?

I'm surprised TwA hasn't been ported to Switch and I was thinking stuff like that should just be ported to everything in the same way Minecraft is and I was thinking the other day I wouldn't be surprised to see GTAV ported to PS5, Xbox Two due to Online.

Last Day of June is out this week on the eShop and I very much enjoyed it on PS4 last year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 19:16

Has anyone here tried out Battle Chef Brigade? It sparked my interest a couple of times in passing, but never enough for me to remember it. Wondering if anyone else picked it up and gave it a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 22:12

I own it but yet to play it, I only got it because I had money from NSG and people were raving about it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 5:22

Very excited to see The Banner Saga heading Switchward. I watched Muss play some and it looked absolutely gorgeous. When I tried to have a pop, my laptop froze and I never really tried again. On Switch, I'll defintiely be getting stuck in.

Also Reigns, I was irritated when the Direct ended without immediately giving me a way to throw my money at that game.

Ninjas are cool, probably won't play those Ninja games though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 17:58

Nintendo to be announced the best selling games worldwide since the Switch launched with these:
SteamWorld Dig 2
Stardew Valley
Kamiko
Celeste
Fast RMX
Overcooked: Special Edition
Golf Story
Enter The Gungeon
NBA Playgrounds
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Being the Top 10 (in no order), I guess Celeste fans have to be pleased as that's relatively new.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 18:05

I’m more surprised by Shovel Knight, if I’m honest - it’s been out for a relatively long time. I am totally celebrating the Celeste result - have I told you that I think it’s a great game?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:14

Not that I can recall, Zero! You may be surprised to learn that I am also a fan of that game.

But aye, chuffed it's done so well. Unsurprised by Shovel Knight: it was around at launch with new content and is still very highly regarded. I'm also surprised and pleased by Overcooked, stressful 'af' though it is.

Also, I'm impressed they got 'Nintendo to be' back to 2018 to give those results. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyWed 21 Mar 2018 - 19:20

ZeroJones wrote:
I’m more surprised by Shovel Knight, if I’m honest - it’s been out for a relatively long time. I am totally celebrating the Celeste result - have I told you that I think it’s a great game?

Treasure trove was a full on relaunch though eh? Plus I think there would have been a good mix of folk rebuying it because of that or first time buyers who didn't own a wii U/other formats.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyThu 22 Mar 2018 - 23:34

Ach, y’all are probably right about Shovel Knight. Winky Face Thumbs Up!

Also, a fairly wide-ranging sale kicked off on Ye Olde Switche eShoppe today. Yer humble correspondent - that’s me, that is - has picked up Owlboy and Shu, both further discounted with gold coins. Cool
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 23 Mar 2018 - 0:18

As I said on the twitters it's a shame Celeste isn't part of that sale as I would have bitten even if it was a minor discount, I do plan to pick up the likes of Rive, Severed and Fe next week.

EDIT:

Just had a wee look at My Nintendo for the first time in a while and I have decent amount of gold coins, so after I buy all of those 3 games mentioned above my gold coins will be up to 584 so I'll just chuck that onto Celeste. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 23 Mar 2018 - 5:29

All 3 systems have sales on at the moment and you guys bring up some of the standouts like Fe but I still think on the pricy side and I'm thinking will it come to Game Pass, EA Access or free one month with Gold or Plus. If it's not something I want day one or Switch exclusive, I do think about waiting for the game to come to a service.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 23 Mar 2018 - 12:12

I'd be interested to hear what folk think of Fe and Shu. I was hoping for a discount on Celeste too, but I'll probably get it anyway. Has anybody played Bleed? I like the look of that, and it's 50% off the now 👍
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyFri 23 Mar 2018 - 18:25

masofdas wrote:
All 3 systems have sales on at the moment and you guys bring up some of the standouts like Fe but I still think on the pricy side and I'm thinking will it come to Game Pass, EA Access or free one month with Gold or Plus. If it's not something I want day one or Switch exclusive, I do think about waiting for the game to come to a service.

For me the indie game sweet spot is usually around the 10 quid mark and Fe is just over that a tiny bit, I understand being wary of it coming to Plus, Gold etc but so can most games if you wait long enough & even if it only turns to be just OK I likely won't grumble spending that amount of money on it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptySat 24 Mar 2018 - 15:24

As it's from EA it's going to come to Access at some point that I'll just wait for that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 12:55

I too would be interested in opinions on Fe; also, what Zero thinks of Owlboy.

My next eShop game is likely to be Furi. It sounds a lot like a game of NMH-style boss fights, albeit without the humour.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 15:31

You know you said you thought I wouldn't like Celeste Balla and you were right, I'm going to predict that with Furi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch eShop Thread   Nintendo Switch eShop Thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch eShop Thread
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next