Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 12:01

I'm in it and we believe it's going to be about £4.20 each to upgrade.

This was all happening when I was at work, when I come home went on YouTube (same on Twitter I hear) everyone kicking off about the price which even if it was just myself £35 for a year is decent as I would have bought Sin and Punishment from a Virtual Console (£8.99 on Wii U) for instance, let alone the other games.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 16 Oct 2021 - 17:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 12:18

£7.50 if you're not paying anything right now.  I think it's Jay who's the mastermind.  I'm probably also horribly late to this as it's all being discussed via Twitter DMs...

I think the price for the upgrade is reasonable, and the £40 for a rehash of the worst Nintendo controller I've handled is taking the mickey.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 12:33

Didn't know the Wiimote was coming back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 12:48

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Fimg%2Fimages%2F5377538%2Fimplied-facepalm
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 18:02

More serious question, but what N64 & MD games do we want to come to the services? Know Cappa talked about some of the licence holders in regard to NES/SNES output and what we may see and not e.g. lack of Konami.

Hey You, Pikachu! As it's never been re-released, and I've never played it
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. One of my favourite Kirby games and in the run-up to the new one coming to Switch, going back to this would be neat.
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time Master Quest. I know the NES/SNES games have those special versions, so why not Master Quest at some point?
Mega Man 64. Not sure what Capcom is like for these online subs or if it just be in some Legends Anniversary set sold by Capcom, either way I'd like to play.
Mischief Makers. Treasure
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber. Not many RPG's on N64 and this one seems like it might be good.
Rayman 2: The Great Escape. As Rayman 2 has to be on all systems in someway
Resident Evil 2. I don't think I've ever played the N64 version of RE2, so there's that, also I like a way to play classic games like this in 2021 officially.
Ridge Racer 64. Remember this one?
Snowboard Kids 1 &/or 2. Come on Atlus
Space Station Silicon Valley. Feel its a bit of a cult classic
StarCraft 64. Super expensive now and I just want to see how it translates to playing on a console.
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. As it was my first N64 game.

Of course the normal Nintendo stuff but think likes of Paper Mario is a given, I'd also like to see more things like Sin & Punishment just I'm not overly familiar with Japanese N64 Library and as we do have a Japanese game in S&P then could we get 64DD Doshin the Giant.

I don't care as much about Mega Drive which might be odd as a SEGA kid, but I can only get excited about Sonic 2 so many times and I don't know how many obscure games we would really want.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 18:12

Mischief Makers, Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon, Rocket: Robot on Wheels, Snowboard Kids, and Space Station Silicon Valley (the Matthew Castle vote-winner) are all N64 games that I missed out on at the time, but that got good reviews and fit my current quirky/very Japanese tastes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 18:18

I was thinking about Mystical Ninja, but it's Konami so not sure what the support be like same goes for a few others which they did for N64 that I almost listed as stuff I'd like to check out.

Rocket: Robot on Wheels is from Sucker Punch now of PlayStation Studios and Ubisoft, so that be an interesting one to see if it comes, can see Ubisoft games arriving.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 18:59

Balla wrote:
and the £40 for a rehash of the worst Nintendo controller I've handled is taking the mickey.

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 Tumblr_m3f1ftW89d1rqfhi2o1_500

-----

The n64 controller is fine. I did see a good point today though about how an NSO sub should be bundled with these new controllers.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 11:56

Balladeer wrote:
I think the price for the upgrade is reasonable, and the £40 for a rehash of the worst Nintendo controller I've handled is taking the mickey.
masofdas wrote:
Didn't know the Wiimote was coming back.
See, now I've agreed with Mas! 2021 is truly the darkest timeline

masofdas wrote:
More serious question, but what N64 & MD games do we want to come to the services? Know Cappa talked about some of the licence holders in regard to NES/SNES output and what we may see and not e.g. lack of Konami.
For the N64:
Definitely agree with the Snowboard Kids and Space Station Silicon Valley (if they can patch the bug which meant that one of the pickups wasn't pickupable!)
If they've got Banjo Kazooie, then I assume Banjo Tooie in 6 months time as well. If they're doing sneaky deals with Rare... Diddy Kong Racing, maybe even Perfect Dark? Not Donkey Kong 64 though you're OK thanks OK bye
The one that has just disappeared: Pilotwings 64? Yes I know the Twin Towers are in it, just change it - this is so much better than the 3DS Pilotwings game that tanked the series.
Or, if they can get the 64DD doing a thing, can we get the F-Zero X expansion pack with its course designer, and race 4-player online Man Pipe Circuit 1?
Hey, why not... GASP Fighters Nextream!? We can all take our custom yet somehow identical leotard ladies online to see who is the best at the generation of arts speed and power. Still better than fucking Bombuzal.
There is a realisation here that, as the first 3D generation, a lot of N64 games haven't aged that well.

For the Megadrive:
Nah you're OK
Oh alright, Story of Thor then
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 12:18

Story of Thor is a good Zelda-like, so is Soleil.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptySun 17 Oct 2021 - 13:34

For as much as I like the N64 I actually have big gaps in what games I've played on the system due to how expensive the games were back at launch & mostly relying on rented games which you never really got enough time with to fully appreciate, so whatever they do release I will probably have a good chunk of things to play.

Two off the top of my head that I never played that I would really like to see are Excitebike 64 & 1080 snowboarding. (only played the sequel of the last one)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 18:40

Sounds like licensing the Mega Drive thing put a massive whack on the price of the NSO expansion, which - Nintendo, really? Really? Were people really going to be driven to upgrade by the Mega Drive? More than might have been driven by a £5 haircut a pop? Really? Nintendo?

I don't mind too much, it's not a huge increase when spread between eight forumites, but - really, Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 19:19

The standard NSO sub is still there as well, right? As much as folk have complained about the expansion pack price Nintendo still has good options there that allow you to customise it to what you might need.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 22:34

Taking a different approach to that question there, I’ve used this (inaccurate) Console Passion guide to look at all the N64’s PAL games. Here’s the ones I don’t own and haven’t played:

Unplayed N64 Games:

…so aye, any of those would be smashin’. There’s all sorts of reasons why I don’t think any of them will be part of the service though, except for maybe Chameleon Twist 2 if it’s available from Sunsoft.

I don’t have big expectations from N64 Online to be honest. Nintendo themselves will have to support it really well to even come close to justifying it’s scadgy, scadgy cost. I expect that they’ll be paying a lot to Microsoft on top of that, so that they can license not just Banjo-Kazooie but most of Rare’s other N64 games too.

Beyond games from those two, I think we’re going to be presented with the scraps from whatever cheap-to-license intellectual properties that PIKO Interactive, Throwback Entertainment and others have bought up from defunct publishers of the time. That might be stuff from Kemco like Twisted Edge Snowboarding and Knife Edge, stuff from Acclaim like Iggy’s Wreckin’ Balls and Extreme-G, and stuff from Crave Entertainment like Milo’s Astro Lanes and Virtual Pool 64. I know that some these companies have the rights to other random stuff too, specifically Starshot Space Circus, S.C.A.R.S., Wetrix and Virtual Chess 64 off the top of my head. Glover is another one, but PIKO Interactive are making a big deal about giving that an HD remake (for some reason).

Thinking about what I’d want to see, Balladeer’s list nails it (although I can’t think of a less Japanese-tasting game than the Dundee-developed Space Station Silicon Valley). I’m hoping that the original files from Mischief Makers, Snowboard Kids and Mystical Ninja haven’t be lost, and that it’s a relatively straightforward process to re-release them on Switch. Silicon Valley might have the same aforementioned issues that ISS 64 does, and I think Rocket Robot on Wheels is impossible.

The Mega Drive could be an altogether different matter though. Through Antstream, Evercade and Pie Packer I’m often discovering Mega Drive games that are completely new to me and that I’d never heard of before. There’s probably a very deep well of Mega Drive games that could be brought to that app.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 18:51

I had All Star Baseball 2000 (for some reason), remember it being a decent enough game.

Much like others, I don't think the N64 is going to be flush full of great games other than the big names, and Iggy's Wreckin' Balls. Wish we'd spent the time badgering them to give us Gamecube or Game Boy Advance games instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 22:20

Think problem with GameCube is it is a gen that can still be remastered, look decent and by sold by itself.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 10:43

I want to play Ocarina of Time but that's probably the only thing I would touch in this expansion. ~£40 to upgrade my family pass seems a bit much.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 12:42

Dusty Knackers wrote:
I had All Star Baseball 2000 (for some reason), remember it being a decent enough game.

Much like others, I don't think the N64 is going to be flush full of great games other than the big names, and Iggy's Wreckin' Balls. Wish we'd spent the time badgering them to give us Gamecube or Game Boy Advance games instead.

masofdas wrote:
Think problem with GameCube is it is a gen that can still be remastered, look decent and by sold by itself.

I get what your saying but I think more cult classic Gamecube games would have more of a chance of appearing on a service like this rather than them ever seeing a remaster. Plus there's no reason why both can't be done alongside each other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 19:03

As I've said before, I'm all for preservation and I look at someone like Capcom, and it is neat we have RE2 & 3 remakes for people who like those, but I'd also like to have an option to play the classic versions officially.

That if we had GameCube as part of NSO, with lets say Viewtiful Joe on it and an HD version as well, that be cool to have those options.

Just as Cappa mentioned before, regarding NES/SNES games, companies like Capcom have figured out they can do a Mega Man collection or whatever instead. And I can see them going well, instead of putting Viewtiful Joe on NSO we can remaster it and sell it ourselves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 19:12

We're on the same page then. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 19:32

It would be great to have the choice between 'pure' Cube games and remasters. I just don't see it. For what must be a relatively lower cost than updating a Nintendo 64 or making a new game, Nintendo can upscale the game to HD, add in a few QoL improvements, and charge a minimum of £40 for the privilege. (Granted they do much more than that for some games, but that works too.) Given that, I can't see it being worth their while to release the full bunch on 'Cube - and surely if it were, they'd have done it by now?

That's the idiot's answer. As an intellectual I obviously know that Nintendo just want to make it as difficult as possible to play Thousand-Year Door. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Thinking about what I’d want to see, Balladeer’s list nails it (although I can’t think of a less Japanese-tasting game than the Dundee-developed Space Station Silicon Valley).

That's definitely over the quirky side of the slash.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 13:31

Agreed with Jaster. Just stick GameCube on there. What else can become of the GameCube’s library twenty years later? Barely anything’s left to remaster, and in nine cases out of ten what’s left isn’t going to be worth anybody’s time to remaster anyway. You can’t tell me that Nintendo have been holding back Battalion Wars 1 for a big Christmas 2022 push.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 16:48

I agree with Jas, but I can just see as Viewtiful Joe HD Collection from Capcom because money.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 18:21

Capcom are weird most of the time though. They clearly love doing re-releases/remasters etc of their games but they also miss out doing it for big games a lot of folk ask for, such as: Power stone, Viewtiful Joe (as you mentioned) and MH4U.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 EmptyTue 26 Oct 2021 - 13:18

Did anyone get the Expansion Pass? I was reading the N64 games aren't great, with weird controls and all kinds of lag and graphical issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next