Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 7:05

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Kirby Tilt ‘n Tumble . . . WarioWare Twisted
Ooh, I hadn't thought of those! Yeah, could be fun.
Quote :
More immediately though, mind that Pokemon’s anniversary is always celebrated at the end of February, and let’s remember that Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 were announced for Nintendo 64 Online.
I had the same thought - if they could figure out having the Game Boy games interact with the N64 game, that'd be tight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 13:54

Tilt n Tumble would be absolutely ace. Probably. In handheld mode?
[internal voice]Of course, otherwise your TV would have to rotate simultaneously, you bellend[/internal voice]
Oh yeah.

It doesn't feel too long since I played them on the 3DS VC, but all y'all better play the Zelda Oracle games when they come out.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 17:27

Thinking how they can get Boktai on this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Feb 2023 - 18:27

Jimbob wrote:
...all y'all better play the Zelda Oracle games when they come out.

Waiting for the remakes. Cheeky

The GBA is the first machine released onto the system that stirs more than a flicker in my loins. I've already played WarioWare, am looking forward to Golden Sun, and can see myself replaying Minish Cap down the road. Superstar Saga is in my top 25 games ever too. We're starting to get to where NSO should have been about three years ago! Dance
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 21:50

Immediately fired up Super Mario Land 2 as my first game of choice on the new apps and was blown away with the wave of nostalgia that hit me.

I think the GBA selection will be the standout, natch, but I'm interested to see what oddities they pull out of the back catalogue on the Game Boy selection. That Alone in the Dark game felt like an odd pick, for example. Also, as much as I feel like a fool saying it, could the GBA app lead to Mother 3 emerging from cryosleep?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:00

Jay... don't do this to yourself lad. You know it never ends well. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:19

I know... I know. I guarantee if you search "mother 3" on this forum, it'll be a couple of dozen posts where I say "maybe we can get Mother 3 this year?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:24

And the rest of them will be the rest of us laughing at those posts. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:31

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Rur0fKZ
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 19:47

The GBA, while not my first system, is the first system I owned that I played stuff other than Pokemon, and it's the console which inspired me to first start getting gaming magazines and reading reviews of stuff. So GBA Online is a pretty exciting prospect! I honestly hope we get a few random games that I never owned but read reviews of, like Lady Sia or Boktai. (We absolutely won't get Boktai.

I'm excited to see Golden Sun, though I'm not sure I'd have the patience to play it again. I was totally up for grinding through a turn-based RPG when I was 13, but now, I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 21:45

I could swear I've never heard of Lady Sia before. I probably did read about it in NGC, once, before turning the page and never thinking about it again. That's a very deep cut!

I am worried that Golden Sun will be too grindy now. Ah well, at least then I'll be able to slag off the entire series from an informed position. Razz
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Feb 2023 - 18:40

Got Lady Sia! Can’t remember if it’s good or not!

I’m looking forward to the Mario Golf and Mario Tennis – I was all over the GameCube versions but completely missed their GBA counterparts.

Ninja Cop is the GBA game that I’d like to see on Switch Online the most though. Not so much so I can play it, but so that more people would play it for themselves. I completed it during lockdown, loved it and wanted to type up a 10/10 review for it, but I couldn’t think of the words to express it. “Fucking brilliant” would basically be the gist of it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyThu 16 Feb 2023 - 4:39

I've heard plenty of people bang on about Ninja Cop, I'd be up for that.
My other unlikely pick is Astro Boy: Omega Factor. Banger
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 18:35

I'd like to try Astro Boy. It got lots of decent reviews before I really knew what anime was, so of course I ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 22:29

I was also not into anime at the time, but I was into mad 16-bit Treasure action games!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 9:31

Astro Boy Omega Factor was one of those games you'd see everywhere for dirt-cheap, it was always the least expensive thing in GAME, Gamestation and all those places...until it suddenly wasn't. I'd love to see that on GBA Online.

I'd seen a point about random stuff coming out for the Game Boy app - I don't think that'll be any hassle, all the usual companies who inexpensively license their games (G-MODE for Data East games, City Connection for Jaleco, etc) have loads of original GB games available. I don't think there'll be nearly as many options for GBC though.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 14:39

JayMoyles wrote:
Immediately fired up Super Mario Land 2 as my first game of choice on the new apps and was blown away with the wave of nostalgia that hit me.
I dunno why, but I really don't like Super Mario Land 2. This is really unfair given that it was made still in the relatively early days of the GameBoy, but it feels like a Taiwanese homebrew game. I know I am the bad guy here.

JayMoyles wrote:
I think the GBA selection will be the standout, natch, but I'm interested to see what oddities they pull out of the back catalogue on the Game Boy selection.
I am looking forward to some surprises - the GBA always feels odd, in that it was a relatively limited 2D system in an era where people could use super-duper modern 3D development to make stuff for it.

JayMoyles wrote:
That Alone in the Dark game felt like an odd pick, for example.
It's the Winback Covert Operations* of the GameBoy online!
Has anyone played that? Oh dear/

JayMoyles wrote:
could the GBA app lead to Mother 3 emerging from cryosleep?
DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Got Lady Sia! Can’t remember if it’s good or not!
I only remember Lady Sia from picking up the Wrong GameBoy magazine (that wasn't the pocket bit embedded in N64/NGC) - the reviewers spent so much time being "funny" I couldn't actually tell whether they liked any of the games or not.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 18:40

Just thought of something put LttP on GBA which might sound daft as on SNES but Four Swords for some Multiplayer action.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 22:05

Speaking of GBA remakes that have a multiplayer component, don't sleep on the Mario Bros multiplayer that's included with Super Mario Advance, that was a banger back in the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 7:17

I'd be well up for the GBA 4 Swords getting a little release with online multiplayer. They put it out as a standalone on 3DS after all.

I just had a thought. What if the big thing for Switch 2 was that is uses the Wii U's Very Fast Streaming technology to let you use the dock wirelessly and sometimes do Dual Screen stuff? Even if the second screen isn't used much, I'm sure there are situatons where the convenience of playing on the TV without physically docking the tablet could be handy.

Anyway, it would let Nintendo Land and 4 Swords Adventures come back.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 21:00

Seems very plausible, the technology is already there and Nintendo should be doing everything they can to make Nintendo Land 2 happen.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 22:24

Treesmurf wrote:
Nintendo should be doing everything they can to make Nintendo Land 2 happen.

Yes.
Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Everything-reaction-meme
Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Thanos-infinity-war
Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Annie-community
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 11:13

March 9th
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 17:04

Ahh the the 21 year Metroid re-release/remaster circle is complete.

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Metroid-thumbs

Fun fact: We got Fusion over here 4 months before Prime but in North America they released a day apart from each other.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 EmptySun 5 Mar 2023 - 20:50

Butter my arse and call me a biscuit, I just had the thought that Rhythm Tengoku could someday find it's way onto the Japanese GBA app.

Anyhoo, Metroid Fusion - I've had the cartridge for donkeys and I've got it from the 3DS Ambassador programme too, but I think I'll absolutely have to get round to it here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next