Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Golf World Tour

Go down 
+16
Admin
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
beemoh
masofdas
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Silver light
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
ZeroJones
shanks
Balladeer
fronkhead
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 May 2014 - 2:14

Going by the flag I made 6th?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 0:21

Does this have a lot of replayability then with online and tournaments or have I missed the boat on this one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 28 May 2014 - 2:35

There are a lot of online tournaments to enter, whether they're Nintendo made ones, or user made ones, there's a lot to get your teeth in to.

shanks wrote:
Going by the flag I made 6th?

You were, masofdas was seventh (you both scored -0)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 4:45

New GNamer Open tournament is ready to play!

It's Stroke Play again, this time over six random holes on DK Jungle (in my experience, quite a tricky course to play on), 'normal' wind conditions, and all characters bar Miis and Gold Mario are available to use. You've got up until 11:59pm (UK time) next Sunday (8th of June) to enter this one. The code to enter the tournament is: 52-7207-2378-2069.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 6:06

Think this one may take many a try
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 15:14

Bump! The latest tournament closes on Sunday, and at last check, only myself and Kieron had posted scores, be nice if more of you could tear yourselves away from Mario Kart 8 for long enough to have a crack at this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 17:16

I hope to take part in future GNamer tournaments - my brother's getting it for my birthday, but won't be able to deliver it until Father's Day.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 23:13

I've had a couple of attempts but have given up halfway through as my score sucked
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptySat 7 Jun 2014 - 20:42

You had me worried there, checked my scores online and luckily mine was submitted for the latest tournament.

I'm still finding this game hugely compelling, disappointing Castle Club mode aside (I was really surprised when I found it was only really three tournaments plus the one-on-one-shot challenge). The amount of content there is pretty staggering, though now I've unlocked all courses via the star coin challenges, I've had less of a motivation to do those and have been absorbed in the online stuff as well.

That the main online tournaments are in castle club mode rather than 'Mario Golf' mode is telling: this game really is all about the world tour. Hopefully I'll actually place in the top 60% in this latest set of challenges so I can take on the next tournament.

Camelot really got the online right on this, unlike Everybody's Golf where you either had to faff about with lobbies to do any online game you fancy, or participate in the daily international tournament, this just feels more involved from a global competition point of view, and having each tournament run between a set time helps a lot as well, as do features like being able to upload your score later.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyMon 9 Jun 2014 - 0:24

I managed to post a last minute score of -3 in the tournament (hope it actually registered) not a enough for a win but I'm happy with that & I'll try not to leave it to the last minute on the next one.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 18:40

Glad I made second place this time, though I have noticed that despite it being 9 holes, you do get a fair bit less coins in these private tournaments versus the EU/World ones (where I got 9000 coins in one just for placing in the top 60%!).

Still looking forward to the next GNamer tournament. Your move, Dusty...

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 16:21

So now I'm an owner. This morning I got -8 on the Forest Course Championship and have thus unlocked the Seaside (?) course. With the exception of putting, which is more or less a hit and hope exercise so far. Hopefully you can unlock a piece of kit that makes it far easier to see what's going on!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 24 Jun 2014 - 17:13

ZeroJones wrote:
So now I'm an owner. This morning I got -8 on the Forest Course Championship and have thus unlocked the Seaside (?) course. With the exception of putting, which is more or less a hit and hope exercise so far. Hopefully you can unlock a piece of kit that makes it far easier to see what's going on!

Woohoo!

Can we have another tournament, Dusty?

Speaking of online tournaments, I think I did pretty badly in the Castle tournament, which seems to be the most important of online tournaments complete with entry conditions, ending it with a score of -2. I've not logged in since to check my global ranking now that it's over...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 25 Jun 2014 - 8:21

ZeroJones wrote:

Hmmm - Word would tell me that my third sentence is a fragment that needs revising. Embarrassed

Also, I'd be happy to participate in any tournaments that are going down. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 15:10

I've been busy playing the Star Coin challenges which appear to be the main meat and potatoes (sorry) of the game. At 62 star coins now, though I wonder if I'll be able to get them all as apparently Sky Island is unlockable and that has its own set of coins, yet I've yet to unlock it since the One-on, One-putt challenge is difficult.

Also realised you can actually use the star characters to do these challenges...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 18:11

So this has been irking me - how do I put backspin/topspin on a shot? The 'manual' doesn't give the best explanation and neither does the rest of the Internet. My balls need stopping, pronto!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyTue 1 Jul 2014 - 18:18

ZeroJones wrote:
So this has been irking me - how do I put backspin/topspin on a shot? The 'manual' doesn't give the best explanation and neither does the rest of the Internet. My balls need stopping, pronto!

Ah, yes, I was confused by this at first too. When the marker comes back for you to take your shot (after you're set the power/drive nof the shot), instead of pressing A, press AA for Topspin, BB for Backspin, AB for super topspin or BA for super backspin.

Or, alternatively you can press A as usual, and tap one of the options on the touchscreen.

I don't blame you for being lost either: the biggest problem this game has is how it's structured. There's a lot of content to love in there, but it's all put together in a muddled way. Shame.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 14:17

fronkhead wrote:
Or, alternatively you can press A as usual, and tap one of the options on the touchscreen.

This is what I use as I often forget what the combinations are for super back/topspin.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 14:38

Honestly, it's like none of you played Toadstool Tour!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyWed 2 Jul 2014 - 14:42

I played that game loads, its not like I haven't tried only using the buttons to add back/top spin I'm just better with my timing using the touch screen.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 EmptyThu 3 Jul 2014 - 12:55

I... haven't played Toadstool Tour. In my day, back/topspin was applied before the power gauge was even touched. Worked perfectly well for me... five for a penny... change for the bus home... all fields... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Golf World Tour
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7