Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Golf World Tour

Go down 
+16
Admin
Axis1500
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
beemoh
masofdas
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Silver light
The_Jaster
Fancy Fancy
ZeroJones
shanks
Balladeer
fronkhead
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 23:06

Balladeer wrote:
Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 1234931504682

Those courses and characters should be in the game proper.  They're blatantly already finished, hence the first one being out on day fucking one.  And the game has the audacity to release at full price as well - at least in the US, it's only £17 or so.  I may well not buy any of them, and frankly, I shouldn't have to.

Nintendo should be better than this.  Disappointed.

I can see how you're frustrated in terms of the principle of it, but the way I see, Nintendo are charging $30 (or ~£30 here) for the main game that's definitely worth it, and the extra stuff on top looks to be worth the cash too. I have a feeling *this* is what Camelot have been working on since it was delayed last year, alongside the Castle Club mode and fine tuning those gorgeous visuals and a realtime online mode (as evidenced in Japan's latest five minute trailer for the game).

Seems the main game will have five big courses, on par with the previous games and stuff like Everybody's Golf 6, and Nintendo are really transparent about what we'll get for the money. Though it's a shame it's not all available at once, effectively turning it into a season pass (NoE call it a three-pack ticket or something), but as soon as June rolls over it essentially becomes a "buy two get one free" like how the StreetPass games worked.

But yeah, would much rather this outcome than have the game released last June, rushed like Mario Tennis Open was, and add-on content makes sense for a game like this.

Though I do agree it's puzzling that it's pretty much the same price as other games in Europe whereas in America they did a Theatrhythm and reduced the price, essentially nudging people to download the DLC.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyTue 22 Apr 2014 - 23:28

masofdas wrote:
I thought Osborne backed the £7 minimum wage,  

He did, but he doesn't get to decide- the new rate is recommended by the Low Pay Commission. I don't know what process happens after that, but the government didn't tell them to go back and do it again when £6.50 was suggested.

masofdas wrote:
and on your links better then the bums on benefit's sat around doing nothing.

No, it isn't. If organisations are able to get staff for free, then they won't hire anyone they have to pay for- this has been shown by the fact that an awful lot of council work (sweeping streets etc) is now being done by people on workfare schemes like those linked, and all the people who used to be paid for it have been made redundant, as well as various commercial businesses who are quite openly using it to reduce their payroll costs.

If there's work to be done, then it should be paid for. If there's no work available, then there are no placements available on those schemes.

All they do is undermine the minimum wage and keep people claiming the dole for longer.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 11:37

Yeah agree about the people be redundant (bet it was good though from the council) and being replaced by free workers, shouldn't really be done.

But to me it's this:

If you are long-term unemployed and are on Job Seekers Allowance, you can still claim your benefit while having weeks of valuable work experience that could be a vital first rung on the ladder. From GOV site in the retail section about work placement things.

Then sat at home on the dole, I'd sooner they were doing something for there benefit's and my tax money.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 11:44

Ruddy DLC. My concern is not having to pay for it (Axis's point is a good one, and I side with him); it's storing it. More blocks on my poor SD card!

At least, I assume - if it's on the cart and we're just paying to unlock it, that'll rile me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 14:05

Erm.  Can we... not talk about politics and finance in the Mario Golf thread?  Or indeed any thread, except maybe a thread in Off-Topic called "Politics and Finance Thread (It's Exciting!)"?  Usually it's entertaining when Beemoh goes OT, but this... isn't. I'm sorry I started it with exchange rate talk, but at least I mentioned the game and things about it in all of my posts!

And to do the same here, I am slowly coming around to this stupid DLC.  Slowly.  I still abhor the idea behind it, but it is a lot of material.  If MGWT blows my socks off, I may pick up the season pass as well.  Still think they should be charging less than full-price for the game to compensate, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 14:10

Could be worse it could cost a fortune to play everything like Forza 5.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:45

masofdas wrote:
Yeah agree about the people be redundant (bet it was good though from the council) and being replaced by free workers, shouldn't really be done.

Agreed. However: it's impossible to provide this scheme without doing that.

masofdas wrote:
If you are long-term unemployed and are on Job Seekers Allowance, you can still claim your benefit while having weeks of valuable work experience that could be a vital first rung on the ladder. From GOV site in the retail section about work placement things.

They would still get that experience if they were paid for it.

Besides, when they've got that experience, where do they go with it? There are no paying jobs, because they're being cannibalised by this scheme.

masofdas wrote:
Then sat at home on the dole, I'd sooner they were doing something for there benefit's and my tax money.

They are doing something: they're looking for jobs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:49

Balladeer wrote:
Erm.  Can we... not talk about politics and finance in the Mario Golf thread?  Or indeed any thread, except maybe a thread in Off-Topic called "Politics and Finance Thread (It's Exciting!)"?  Usually it's entertaining when Beemoh goes OT, but this... isn't.

Seriously. If you really want to argue politics on the Internet, make a politics thread. This is from a man who broadly agrees with you. (Also a man who long ago decided that arguing on the Internet was an incredibly unrewarding activity.)
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 15:52

Balladeer wrote:
Erm.  Can we... not talk about politics and finance in the Mario Golf thread?  Or indeed any thread, except maybe a thread in Off-Topic called "Politics and Finance Thread (It's Exciting!)"?  Usually it's entertaining when Beemoh goes OT, but this... isn't.  I'm sorry I started it with exchange rate talk, but at least I mentioned the game and things about it in all of my posts!

Sorry, but having been long term unemployed, I find the attitude of people like Mas calling them 'bum's, accusing them of being 'sat around doing nothing' and otherwise blaming victims of a situation they're not the cause of personally offensive.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 16:22

Screw DLC and Screw Politics (As much as I would like to discuss it).

I really am getting fed up with DLC, and it being optional is not always completely true. This game is online yes? What if Mr. season pass gains an advantage by playing as Gold Mario? Its becoming more accepted and I can't really commit to a solid argument because I too have purchased DLC for games in the past.

Its just a sad position all round.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 16:25

beemoh feeling that he has to apologise for responding to masofdas' completely ignorant comments and not being entertaining enough for Balladeer in doing so is the downright shitiest thing I've read on this forum. Fucking hell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 17:35

Cappa, aren't you the one who usually complains about politics and finance (admittedly mostly finance) in gaming talk?  As a matter of fact I agree with Beemoh, and said so above.  Was about to send him an MP saying as much.  Also I didn't realise that it was a personal thing for him: sorry old chap.

If either of them, or you, wants to make a politics thread and discuss it, go to it.  I'll cheer you and Beemoh on from the sidelines.

Anyway, here's another World Tour opinion piece. I'm definitely one of the traditionalists they're talking about. Meh 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 20:25

Sorry if I upset or offended you Beemoh or anyone else, I was unemployed myself for a month and claimed job-seekers for about two weeks. And of course in my time going to the jobcentre you would see two groups of people which I gather you and I would fall into Beemoh who want to work and another group of the "bums" as I put it the ones who have no attention of getting a job and was just there to claim there benefits.

One of the guys at skittles is another example of this he's never had a job he's 23 and doesn't go colleague & just bums around, our captain quite often moans about him as his tax is in the few hundreds and some times makes remarks like I'll buy you a drink I'm paying for everything else
or something on those lines.

Sorry if it seems I'm tarring everyone with the same brush.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014 - 22:04

FORE!

Played more of the demo last night & I've now got the hang of putting, also managed an eagle on course one of Yoshi lake. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 17:08

beemoh wrote:
Ooh look at me, I'm Jaster and I got an eagle.

CVG give it a 7, citing a bare-bones "RPG mode", confusing presentation and - yes - the DLC as negatives. It's the former that makes me saddest (albeit because I already know about the DLC): was hoping for something more like the RPG modes of yore. Seems this generation's Mario Sports games are all about the stripping-back. Aww! That said, the challenges in Quick Play sound like MKDS' Mission Mode or the Smash games' event matches, so I'm looking forward to those.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014 - 20:23

I finally had a go at the demo yesterday, to be honest I'm not that impressed. I just find the whole touch screen presentation to be cluttered and while the courses on the demo are good, I didn't think the actual game-play mechanics worked very well.

I think I will stick to the WiiU sports golf which is excellent.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 1:11

Balladeer wrote:
beemoh wrote:
Ooh look at me, I'm Jaster and I got an eagle.

Hey! I have to shout about my achievements somewhere, its also only my second best one in life......the first being bumming about claiming benefits. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 9:18

Get a job you bum  Very Happy 

I've not downloaded the demo as this was a definite buy but now reading that review and Vido's thoughts I might have to go download it and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyFri 25 Apr 2014 - 16:37

I think this could be a good wee game for GNamer game nights.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Apr 2014 - 7:33

And mornings  Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptySat 26 Apr 2014 - 10:42

Laughing yes you can join is us at 6am your time Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 19:12

Somehow I haven't brought myself to try the demo yet, despite it sitting on my 3DS home screen. I seem to be slowly disappearing under a pile of games that are vying for a purchase...
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 0:12

Some reviews peg this one as a game that tries to do too many things, and while it doesn't seem to excel at its RPG mode, that won't put me off a purchase. The various game modes look as solid as the actual golf in the demo, at least.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 11:19

Why in the name of Christ are critics complaining about Mario Golf's disappointing RPG mode? Who in the bloody hell buys a golf game for it's RPG elements? For me, this, like Mario Tennis Open before, is a game that only needs to get one thing right.

It should be good, but I'm sure the developers will look to improve the templete in it's sequel, Mario Golf Revenge.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014 - 12:03

Because the RPG mode was one of the best parts of the MG handheld games to date. And MTO's lack of substantial one-player modes was a major factor in people's disappointment with the game, along with the unbalanced Miis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Golf World Tour   Mario Golf World Tour - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Golf World Tour
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next