Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's eShopping about?

Go down 
+11
EofGizmo
neil
gjones
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty12/03/22, 09:02 pm

I just picked up another £50 voucher for £45 and bought things not even in a sale Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden and Chicory.

I was looking at FAR Changing Tides, yeah I know a game I could play via game pass, being played on Switch instead madness. Yet it has gone back up in price from a launch sale and I might be able to get a code for it, as did have the PR email about it.

If I do get a code and don't end up buying it, then I've got about £13 left in my account, any recommendations? I could of course use on 3DS or Wii U stuff like Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation or keep back for a new eShop sale or new release such as Chrono Cross.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty13/03/22, 09:35 am

A few recent games I've played from the eShop that I'd recommend and don't think you've ever mentioned would be Super Magbot, Toem, What The Golf and Eastward, out of those I'm pretty sure only Super Magbot is within the £13 price range but they're all games worth playing on Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty13/03/22, 04:35 pm

Eastward is a great shout
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty24/03/22, 08:33 pm

...there's more folk playing this than I've ever seen on Windjammers 2! Get crossplay sorted you shower of shite.

On a happier note, A Short Hike is down to about £4 in the latest sale. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty24/03/22, 09:57 pm

I did a play Wii U online in 2022 video, not got a lot of views especially compared to PS3 version of the video.

And COD was active'ish still, like 70 people on at the time, couldn't get a game mind.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty24/03/22, 11:40 pm

TCK wrote:
...there's more folk playing this than I've ever seen on Windjammers 2! Get crossplay sorted you shower of shite.

In some ways I respect it might be a throwback release of launch your game and that's yer lot.............BUT if any game deserves a full modern online approach it's Windjammers. I'd even take a season pass if that bumped up the player numbers to the 300 - 400 mark.

(Cross play as you mentioned would easily do this on it's own)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty25/03/22, 06:25 pm

I think the real story here is that tweeter's handle. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty25/03/22, 09:34 pm

I think it's utterly disgusting that they hit their maids.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty26/03/22, 04:32 pm

Maybe their made is a convenient adult acc nd is into it,? If not, yeah, disgusting
If so
Hello
Libby
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty03/04/22, 06:32 pm

Bonito Days just got a stonking 85% discount on the eShop, taking it down to £1.19:

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Bonito-Days-2054286.html

Essential.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty03/04/22, 07:40 pm

I used my gold coins immediately for that one, could be the bargain of the century!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty04/04/22, 08:12 am

Ooh, yep, will hop on that
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty06/04/22, 01:15 pm

I watched the trailer and the song reminded me of singing sensation Jackie Chan.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty06/04/22, 01:21 pm

It's a good'ish week for the eShop with Chrono Cross with umm mixed reviews, House of the Dead Remake and I think might be worth keeping an eye on Astrodogs.

Also Chinatown which I hope reviews well which I need to have a hope to catch you Jas in Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty14/04/22, 07:10 pm

Added a couple games to my eShop wishlist recently.

I noticed the other night that TCK has this so it'll be interesting to hear his thoughts as it looks very Ridge Racer X Outrun to me.

-----

This really isn't a game & I have the free version of The Ramp on my phone but the touch controls hold it back from the relaxing experience it should be.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty22/04/22, 10:06 pm

What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Nobody-saves-the-world-nuovo-action-rpg-creatori-guacamelee-5-gamesoul

Nobody on here's mentioned Nobody Saves The World.  Why has nobody mentioned Nobody Saves The World?  Somebody should mention Nobody Saves The World.  I bought it for its 10% launch discount and, despite it doing one of my most-hated things in gaming, I'm really enjoying it.

NSTW is what Drinkbox, they of Guacamelee and Severed, did next; and it's an open-worldish action-adventure-RPG-thing.  At its most basic level you are a flesh-thing, you're trying to stop a nameless Calamity, and you do that by going into largely procgen (sigh) dungeons and beating things up.  Numbers, quickly: 84 Metascore on Switch (lower on other platforms), 9/10 on Nintendo Life, and a big thumbs-up from Balla so far.  

The big thing about NSTW is that you acquire a wand early on, allowing you to transform into, among other things, a knight, an archer, a rat, a tortoise, and an egg.  Yes.  Each has slightly different moves, that are occasionally used for puzzles et al. but are mostly used for fighting.  The knight has an area-clearing stomp, the archer has range, the rat can poison things, the egg... er, rolls.  The moves and the transformations get madder as you go, and not too far into the game you get the ability to cross moves and classes.  Yes, you too can have a horse that fires arrows, or an egg with an area-clearing stomp.  I've purposefully not mentioned too many of them (or linked to the trailer) because that's the fun of it - the egg's second move made me laugh out loud.

It looks nice and it's got funny writing, which is standard for the team.  Has anybody else had a gander?

(Oh and I bought Fez for 30% off or whatever, after being unable to find what Phil Fish did wrong apart from annoying some people on the Internet.  You don't need me to tell you that Fez is good.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty22/04/22, 10:35 pm

I played like 5mins on Game Pass but got distracted by Pokemon Legends and not gone back because of other games.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty23/04/22, 06:46 pm

Never heard of Nobody Saves the World. Might be one I keep an eye on!

Is anyone having a go on Dragon Quest Builders 2? I suspect the answer is no because I'm friends with most of you on Switch but hey ho. Maybe you've tried it on another console. It's on Game Trials and is free to have a go on for another few days - I think Tuesday is the last day of it. I'm finding it pretty fun, though it's filling the same niche for me as Stardew Valley at the moment, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll buy it yet. £30 instead of £50 on the eShop at the moment too!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty24/04/22, 10:07 am

I thought about it, but I 100%ed the original, and it just felt like enough to me. I would've waited if I knew about the sequel I reckon - sorry about that Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty24/04/22, 09:45 pm

Fair enough - I can see it being an enormous time sink and I don't think I'd want to go through it twice! But despite the opening hour or two being a bit slow and tutorial-heavy, it opens up pretty fast and I got hooked on the gameplay loop. It's good! And I saw that Smurf has been playing it so I can have a DQB2 pal. It just can't be you.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty25/04/22, 10:04 am

I really enjoyed NSTW but I didn't find it as satisfying overall as Guac. It was good fun trying out all the different classes and exploring the combat system though. Well worth a play.

I enjoyed DQB2 on the PS4 a million years ago, it was good, though don't remember it adding a lot to the original, but I was happy in my crafty world with instructions to follow Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty25/04/22, 09:04 pm

That's exactly what's so great about it (NStW not DQB2, although having some instructions to follow does sound a lot better than yer Minecrafts and the like). Not that it has much else granted, but I love getting my teeth into class systems where you can mix and match - it's why I still have such a good time with the Bravely games.

masofdas wrote:
I played like 5mins on Game Pass but got distracted by Pokemon Legends and not gone back because of other games.

As mentioned elsewhere, I don't think you'd like it Mas: it's an indie game that doesn't have any unsubtle metaphors for grief. Razz It was really good though, and a decently meaty one-player adventure in the indie space that was neither a roguelite nor an RPG (strictly speaking).

I'm eyeing up Grindstone as my next game, but should probably give 13 Sentinels a bit more of a crack first.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty26/04/22, 08:42 am

I'd question the use of grindstone as a main game. It's good but feels very much like a 5 min pick up and play than a proper game game.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty26/04/22, 06:33 pm

I'd agree with that - Grindstone is fun and there's a lot of bang for your buck, but there are definite originally-a-mobile-game vibes to it rather than substantial only-game-on-the-go vibes.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty27/04/22, 08:22 pm

Rum wrote:
Fair enough - I can see it being an enormous time sink and I don't think I'd want to go through it twice! But despite the opening hour or two being a bit slow and tutorial-heavy, it opens up pretty fast and I got hooked on the gameplay loop. It's good! And I saw that Smurf has been playing it so I can have a DQB2 pal. It just can't be you.
Ah yeah that, I actually only booted it up to get the points. Embarrassed I have owned it for a while, played the first game and loved it so much it very nearly made my top 10 Switch games vote a few weeks back. As Andy said this one is more of the same so that's mainly why I've not properly returned to it, I always say I'd like to though so perhaps this'll give me the push, enough time should have passed by now for it to feel new again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's eShopping about?   What's eShopping about? - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's eShopping about?
Page 23 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: