Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 14:06

The_Jaster wrote:
That's good to hear, oh also if she isn't completely set on Gunlance the normal Lance might be a better fit while still giving great blocking/counter hit options.

Lance or Hammer are probably the best beginner weapons, I'd say. Either that or SnS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2021 - 18:24

mas wrote:
Had some faints mind and it looked like I was playing a Souls game with a few hits, roll away and repeat

OR wrote:

Dark Souls combat has always had a strong hint of Monster Hunter in it!

Fun fact it was actually Monster Hunter that lead me to give Dark Souls a try, a guy that done MH tri tutorial videos randomly put up a Dark Souls video of him and a friend messing about in pvp in the Duke's Archives and my interest grew from there.  

JayMoyles wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
That's good to hear, oh also if she isn't completely set on Gunlance the normal Lance might be a better fit while still giving great blocking/counter hit options.

Lance or Hammer are probably the best beginner weapons, I'd say. Either that or SnS.

Agreed! Lance gives you one of the safest blocks in the game with some good counter hit style of play, hammer gives you the simple task of mainly attacking the monsters head & SnS allows you to get in and out quicker than any other weapon.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 5:28

masofdas wrote:
I did and solo,

YES MY SON! Monster Mash Double Chris rides again!
The_Jaster wrote:

Fun fact it was actually Monster Hunter that lead me to give Dark Souls a try, a guy that done MH tri tutorial videos randomly put up a Dark Souls video of him and a friend messing about in pvp in the Duke's Archives and my interest grew from there.  

And in the other direction, Dark Souls was how we convinced Jay to give Monster Hunter a go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 7:59

We now need to come fully circle and make a Guesstus mash Winky Face also I completely forgot about Double Chris. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 19:22

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Yeah, I'm... not so fond of games that hide half their controls away, or pride themselves in their lack of accessibility.

The thing is, I could word the same things differently and make it sound good. I like games which have hidden depth and trust the player to discover things. I could describe BotW that way, and I know that game wouldn't have demoed well!

I think if BotW had done the same with basic controls I'd not have been too impressed there either! But I'd have forgiven it, natch. What a game. Love
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 10:01

It did a bit; I don't think the parry, or the perfect dodge, or the boomerangs coming back, or the bow activating slow-mo in the air, or the master sword shooting beams, or a million other things are explicitly told, are they?

Then again, I am pretty bad for not reading tutorials . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2021 - 22:52

I don't think I ever learned to parry. Laughing And things like the bow and the boomerangs become obvious as you play, but I don't think they're as mission-critical as reloading your Gunlance was here.

Anyway, that was obviously a misstep. The Lady's busy on coursework all weekend, but next weekend hopefully we'll have another try with simpler weapons!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 8:17

Ah; I hadn't paid attention when you mentioned gunlance. That'd be your problem Laughing

In your defence, I think the game could make it clearer that there are simple weapons and complex ones. Stuff like Great Sword, Long Sword, Sword and Shield, Hammer, those are does-what-it-says on the tin weapons. I don't think you're really supposed to start with the weird ones.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 14:08

On the weird ones I did like Switch Axe and Charge Blade, I'm not sure if I was using them right though, any tips as I may go for one of those?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 16:45

I'm looking at playing charge blade in Rise.

I watched Gaijin Hunter's video from Generations Ultimate and it seemed to mostly still be true.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptySat 16 Jan 2021 - 17:26

After using up about 10 more uses on my secondary JPN account I have decided to delete the demo as it's just getting in the way of me playing Hyrule Warriors. I did give Switchaxe and Longsword more of a go though and they are in with a shout of being my single player weapon along with Gunlance.

masofdas wrote:
On the weird ones I did like Switch Axe and Charge Blade, I'm not sure if I was using them right though, any tips as I may go for one of those?

Buska wrote:
I'm looking at playing charge blade in Rise.

I watched Gaijin Hunter's video from Generations Ultimate and it seemed to mostly still be true.

Aye the basic pattern of how you use it hasn't changed much, Gajinhunter did do a tutorial for MH World which is closer to the Rise CB so it might be better to watch that over the GU one.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Jan 2021 - 18:43

I really love watching you guys talk about Monster Hunter. One day, when all other games are finished, I'll be brave and dive into that world.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2021 - 18:09

Forget other games - there is only Monster Hunter, Jim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2021 - 16:49

Dammit
Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 Esu8xmrXAAEU3a_?format=jpg&name=large

No word on price in the UK but unlike the Mario Switch this does come with the game and from what I can find the other systems bundles with the game have been around £340

Also this
Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 Esu8zPGXYAYi8gk?format=jpg&name=large

I will be getting the Pro Controller as when picking up my Switch, first I did was looking for a Pro controller and could only get Black unless I pay silly money, and I don't want boring black & as this won't be silly money I'm all over it.

On the console I am annoyed as it was what I was waiting for but let's say it is £340 for it then I'd still want the amiibo which means buying the Limited Edition version of the game for £90 that's now £430 compared to £378 it cost for my Animal Crossing Switch and MonHan Rise, and that £52 difference is enough to get Persona 5 Strikers & playing Switch before March 26th.

Plus if a Pro happens then none of it matter as you know I'll get that lol

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 28 Jan 2021 - 15:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Price of Switch now confirmed)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 28 Jan 2021 - 0:45

Might be time to replace my Switch . . .
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2021 - 16:10

I pre-ordered that pro controller yesterday, not sure how limited the stock is but it's still available on amazon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyFri 29 Jan 2021 - 23:28

I've got my controller ordered as well

Now just need the other two amiibo that aren't in the limited edition game bundle
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyMon 8 Mar 2021 - 15:44

I won't talk about any of the new stuff announced at the MH digital event today as I know the mash lads are on an info blackout now but version 2 of the demo will be out March 11th.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 1:46

I don't even know if I'll play the demo . . .

What would be fun though would be if we could record a pod with all the newcomers instead of us vets. I'm definitely hoping to do a little call with them when the game finally launches. The onboarding process for new Monster Hunter games is a big thing but it's pretty tough for us to judge when we're five years deep into having a Monster Hunter podcast!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 2:10

Yep, I'll be giving this demo a miss much like I did when they done a Velkhana one for Iceborne as it's a big difference seeing snippets of a monsters move set compared to actually hunting one. Also well up for that MH newcomer chat idea. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 6:37

I'll be skipping the demo as only about a week before the actual game which I've got coming.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 18:41

The_Jaster wrote:
I won't talk about any of the new stuff announced at the MH digital event today as I know the mash lads are on an info blackout now but version 2 of the demo will be out March 11th.

I didn't even play demo 1 and won't play demo 2 either, I know what Monster Hunter is about and how it plays so don't wanna risk burning myself out too quickly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyTue 9 Mar 2021 - 19:34

That's honestly the best way to go about it, how the progression actually works in an MH game is the best way to learn.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2021 - 9:55

I might play the demo, having missed the taster they released earlier. The release of Rise unfortunately coincides with a crunch period at work so I won't be able to enjoy it in full until after March. I'll certainly be taking time off in April though!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 EmptyThu 11 Mar 2021 - 19:28

masofdas wrote:
I'll be skipping the demo as only about a week before the actual game which I've got coming.

This, except I've got two copies of the game coming.

That said, I'm worried I might have made a bit of an error. Over on our affiliate, OR was telling me that in previous games you've only generally been able to play the story mode in single-player - is this accurate? In which case, what's the context for the co-op mode apart from the loot loop? (OR did try to tell me, but their Switch thread moves too quickly...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 7 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next