Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyFri 12 Mar 2021 - 7:48

Not sure you should come crawling back here for advice after snubbing the Mash boys in the first place...

Story mode doesn't really mean much, but effectively there are a set of single player quests and a set of multiplayer quests. Sure, there are bits of plot that are only present in the single player quests, but they aren't the reason anyone would play MH.

Multiplayer has a similar rate/level of progression, just without cutscenes and side characters to talk to.

You might miss out on a few base upgrades from snubbing single player, like better food or a farm to grow herbs and mushrooms, but as far as progress you'll still be unlocking new monsters, crafting new weapons and armour, increasing your hunter rank and tackling nasty challenges through multiplayer.

The odds are though if you get into the game you'd be excited to tackle the single player quests, they're a great place to go if you're grinding for resources for an armour set and you don't want to drag your mates through 8 Rathalos in a row.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 13 Mar 2021 - 8:20

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Multiplayer has a similar rate/level of progression, just without cutscenes and side characters to talk to.

Even in this regard, multiplayer still has some of that stuff. New monsters will get a bit of a cutscene intro, characters will give you snippets of lore and story between hunts, and the big end-game monsters (which usually don't even appear in singleplayer) will have a bunch of cutscenes and that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 13 Mar 2021 - 16:57

Hm, okay. It's the side-characters and cut-scenes that I'm worried The Lady will absolutely need for this to gel with her. Meh Me, maybe not so much, although I'm a big fan of having evolving context that's not 'get dem loots'. Maybe what Buska is describing will provide that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 13 Mar 2021 - 18:03

The story in MH games has definitely got better from 4U onwards but Andy is right that it isn't the reason that most play BUT just because that's not why we play doesn't mean you won't find more enjoyment from that side of things. Also this is pure speculation but each character seems to have a "chitchat" option (something we've never had) when you talk to them and some think you might be able to befriend them so they can join on the new rampage quests.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2021 - 15:28

I have this pre-ordered with ShopTo but I couldn't really get into the demo I tried (first one).

I get the impression it's better to buy this digitally. A bit like Animal Crossing, it seems like one you might play for a bit here and there over a long period. With AC, I bought the game card first but then flogged it and bought a code.

I'm on the fence whether to keep my pre-order or buy digital instead. Digital seems like a gamble though since I'm not sure I'll like it. Any advice?

One thing I'm definitely looking forward to: that MH Pro Controller Cool
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2021 - 15:58

It's definitely a game that if you get into you will play over a long period of time, and you might want to play alongside other games for multiplayer, so I can see the digital appeal. I'm getting it physical, but then I also have Animal Crossing physical (and switch carts in my switch all the time)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 15 Mar 2021 - 17:38

@ Neil - If you are really not sure you will enjoy it then get it physical that way you could trade it for something else later. (I was going physical until my amazon collectors edition was randomly cancelled so now it'll be digital)
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyWed 17 Mar 2021 - 20:55

Thanks. I’m gonna stick with physical, especially since ShopTo lowered the price again. Not sure what’s going on with that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:14

One week to go lads! Bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:58

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 Tenor
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 16:59

I've got three days off for it
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 7:05

JayMoyles wrote:
One week to go lads! Bounce

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 Giphy
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 19:50

masofdas wrote:

I'm jealous that you're in a position to take 3 days off to do anything as frivolous as this purely for yourself. I hope it's a great 3 days for ya Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 1f604
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 20:13

Few things on the Friday has come up but MonHan Rise was why, as I've got 1 days holiday to use before end of fiscal year.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 10:26

I have the following week off but that's mainly because we're moving house so I'm actually unlikely to play much at all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 10:36

What's "time off"?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 16:57

Friday afternoon and the following Monday will be the first annual leave I've had in over a year, so I will definitely be around to play some Monster Hunter.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 18:21

Muss wrote:
Friday afternoon and the following Monday will be the first annual leave I've had in over a year, so I will definitely be around to play some Monster Hunter.

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 KfSxsDh
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 18:23

I'm very concerned about the arrival of my game considering the state of the post recently... Fingers crossed it'll be here on time...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 18:30

It's also not good when places like Amazon (in Germany) are saying copies will be delayed, I really wanted a physical copy of an MH game again (last one was MHGU) but sadly my hand was forced from what I said earlier in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:54

neil wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I'm jealous that you're in a position to take 3 days off to do anything as frivolous as this purely for yourself. I hope it's a great 3 days for ya  Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 1f604

Mas' videogames are his children. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 23:42

I gave that latest eShop demo a go earlier tonight, completing the tutorials and finishing the 'easy' hunt before making a start on the 'medium' one. On balance, I quite liked what I played of it. Even so soon, I could see why folk get addicted to it. Yet as well as it played and as epic as it looked and felt, I can't see me buying the full game. 

I just don't think I could apply myself to it, at least in any way like I think it would demand. The supposed lifespan of these Monster Hunter games terrifies me. I felt a bit overloaded with all the instructions too. I know I could learn to enjoy it, but the thing is that I don't know if I can be arsed to learn it. I just wanted to run about and cut monsters in half, like in Golden Axe.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 8:26

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm very concerned about the arrival of my game considering the state of the post recently... Fingers crossed it'll be here on time...

The_Jaster wrote:
It's also not good when places like Amazon (in Germany) are saying copies will be delayed, I really wanted a physical copy of an MH game again (last one was MHGU) but sadly my hand was forced from what I said earlier in this thread.

I ordered the special edition physically, but I checked the other night and it's coming from Europe and probably won't arrive before April 6th. So I've bought it digitally as well.

I'll probably pick up the Palamute and Palico Amiibo too. I'm gonna catch up with Mas in terms of buying this game . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 9:11

My special edition got cancelled by Amazon, so preordered the game from ShopTo for £35 and the big amiibo from Nintendo for £22, that's £57 where I was paying £90 for the special edition.

Just watched an unboxing on YouTube from Nintendo, and certainly didn't like I would have got another £33 worth of stuff. Sure I'm not paying the £49.99 RRP for the standard edition + amiibo at RRP, in that case maybe the extra stuff in the special edition is worth the extra £18.

Was also tempted to go digital but just the cost of the digital game.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 23 Mar 2021 - 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 9:31

I'm probably going physical. My girlfriend uses my Switch for Animal Crossing (I let her start a new island with my switch) and that's what she plays most of the time. So I might end up playing Mon Han on her Switch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 8 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next