Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 11:48

Khezu gives me the willies.

But yeah, even at the best of times it's an annoying monster full of area control and screeching bellows. All of that makes sense in terms of the monster being believable, but it can get in the way sometimes.

I enjoy the monsters that have a better balance between letting you get stuck in, and moving around nimbly themselves.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 16:41

It's good to remember though that a monster may well be more annoying based on the weapon you are using, with Khezu a good match up is generally a weapon that can block or something that has a counter move set.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 20:38

The_Jaster wrote:
ah nice job then & yeh I bloody hate when a monster decides to constantly run from area to area as well.

Or, as it's known when it's a Khezu, premature evacuation.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 12:04

Balladeer wrote:
Or, as it's known when it's a Khezu, premature evacuation.
This was actually pretty decent, lads.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 23:04

Yeh that was pretty good, I just forgot to reply as the game is still consuming me at times. Laughing

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 9k=
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 17:20

THANK YOU. One of the best puns I've posted on here, probably.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptySun 16 May 2021 - 9:58

Well also its about a penis, so unlike most puns it had comedic value.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptySun 16 May 2021 - 10:07

It's also about an animal so it has satirical value.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptySun 16 May 2021 - 12:48

Straight white men have penises so it's a bit political.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 20:12

Buskalilly wrote:
Well also its about a penis, so unlike most puns it had comedic value.

This is no doubt one reason why I'll never be Funniest Forumite: despite my post up there I will never understand or agree with this.

Is the Tetranadon meant to be much easier than the same-ranked (I think) Khezu?  Funny fat thing fell apart really easily. Or is it just more susceptible to the Hunting Horn? Liked the design though.  Bunch of dull lizards next up IIRC...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 May 2021 - 19:12

Khezu is the only monster I really remember from one of the trailers that I watched and given the way it looks it obviously stands out quite a lot so I was quite looking forward to fighting it.

I don't think it's a bad fight but it's definitely slow. It focuses a lot on area control and paralysis, things that make chilling sense given that it's... you know, but which make fighting it a bit more tactical than something like Tetranadon or many other monsters on the same difficulty tier.

I find monsters like Tetranadon easier because they just let you get stuck in. They have a few punishing moves, but nothing a good hunter can't handle with relative ease. It's a lumbering fella though and you have quite a lot of mobility in this game so perhaps Tet is one of the easier ones in its tier.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 May 2021 - 20:24

Yeah Tetra is just a big squishy lad & has that topple mechanic on top of it.  

Also the rank placement of monsters in Rise are definitely outside of the norm (certain monsters showing up in low rank for example) compared to other MH games. In general though the difficulty balance is quite good considering you can tackle quests in any order.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 13:04

I think the difficulty curve is good as well. I know that veterans of the series have probably found it easier than normal because there are so many more mobility options for hunters now. But as a still relatively new player I think it's been fine. And of course if people really want a challenge, they can just get naked or wear crap armour.

Most of the gatekeepers for a new monster tier seem to be about right so even if there is some variance within a given tier if you've made it to a new level then you should be able to handle everything in there given enough time.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 17:14

Muss wrote:
And of course if people really want a challenge, they can just get naked

Of course! That old adage.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 0:25

Rum wrote:
Muss wrote:
And of course if people really want a challenge, they can just get naked

Of course! That old adage.

*ahem!*

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 Buff-body-layered-armor

----

Muss wrote:
Most of the gatekeepers for a new monster tier seem to be about right so even if there is some variance within a given tier if you've made it to a new level then you should be able to handle everything in there given enough time.

Spot on! Also I think the elder dragons as well as the Apex variants they have added in the last two title updates provide a good challenge even for the more experienced player, as if you wirefall carelessly you can very easily cart by one or two hits.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:01

Muss wrote:
Khezu is the only monster I really remember from one of the trailers that I watched and given the way it looks it obviously stands out quite a lot so I was quite looking forward to fighting it.

I don't think it's a bad fight but it's definitely slow. It focuses a lot on area control and paralysis, things that make chilling sense given that it's... you know, but which make fighting it a bit more tactical than something like Tetranadon or many other monsters on the same difficulty tier.

I find monsters like Tetranadon easier because they just let you get stuck in. They have a few punishing moves, but nothing a good hunter can't handle with relative ease. It's a lumbering fella though and you have quite a lot of mobility in this game so perhaps Tet is one of the easier ones in its tier.

The fight would have been completely fine if the Khezu hadn't run off four times! I don't mind slowness at all. I was also looking forward to the fight, since I remembered the Khezu as one of the more distinctive-looking (ahem) monsters from Monster Hunter Stories (the biggest problem with this game is the lack of Zamtrios Hissy fit ), but it just wasn't fun.

On the topic you and Jas mentioned, the next monster in the tier is urn-bird-fella and they're also a doddle. Maybe Khezu was just a slightly odd fit? Anyway, next up is Muss' favourite mud-slinging fella, who I'm pretty sure I won't enjoy much.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:15

Balla wrote:
the biggest problem with this game is the lack of Zamtrios. Hissy fit

Ask any MH fan and they will agree with you on this, it's especially annoying when his little Zamites are in the game. Hopefully he appears when we get the Ultimate expansion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:18

I presumed for a good while after seeing them that a fight with Inflatashark was just around the corner. Nope. Sad
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyMon 31 May 2021 - 4:11

Just finished the ending. It was suitably epic and cool. I'm sure big consumer rights dweebs are penning opinion pieces about how evil Capcom are for not crunching this quest out two months earlier during a global pandemic but I think I'd probably only just have completed it now even if it had been in the game from launch- I haven't had a significant period of zero Monhan for the past 60 days or however long its been.

And now I can prepare to fight
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyMon 31 May 2021 - 13:35

Nice! I really enjoyed the new ending as well & the post ending quests that unlock are great fun.

They also ramp up the difficulty another notch so players of all skill levels should be fairly happy & have various things to work towards, I've held off on doing some of them myself the last couple of days as I've decided to run through the high rank key quests again with the other weapon types I've not played much of yet.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 21:54

Meanwhile here I am on the rank 3 quests... Can't believe the Khezu was on this rank, by far the hardest fight. I think I'm okay with Train Monster, but I did find fighting the Wroggi and the Ludroth one after the other a bit over-lizardy.

Anyway, next up is the Rampage, and my hunter's notebook has been filled without about fifty pages that there's no way I'll remember. Pale Do you actually need to remember all that? Or are there three top tips to bear in mind for Rampages, and if so... what are they please?

It's actually a real shame. Having progressed at an Escuregot's pace for ages, I suddenly really got into MHR over the weekend. Then the thought of having to deal with the Rampage brought me crashing to a halt again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 2:12

The rampage is fun! It's just a horde mode. Put up lots of automated defences, place a few weapons you can use at strategic locations and get stuck in.

You can faint an ininfinite number of times, and the rampages are scaled to be pretty easy, so don't stress, just enjoy the chaos.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 2:13

Also, I hope everyone else is making the same notes I am about all Balla's awful monster opinions so we can beat him up behind the bins at the next meet-up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 3:58

That is some good general advice from Buska there about Rampages, though I have to say while faints are infinite if you do it more than 3 times you do get less rewards after you finish. I think this only counts for the defender ticket rewards though which you might not find much use for unless you plan to play past low rank and even then they are usually just another option rather than a must have.

Anyhow, here's a few tips about what to focus on in a rampage:

1. Protect the big main gate, only the blue icon monsters can do damage to this so focus them when you really need to.

2. Try to complete at least 4 of objectives on the screen but don't worry if you can't as this also only affects the number of rewards received that I mentioned above.

3. When the Counter signal is active this is where you get off the Installations and go to town with your actual weapon.

Also from what I remember you can treat rampage as a one and done quest.

Buska wrote:
Also, I hope everyone else is making the same notes I am about all Balla's awful monster opinions so we can beat him up behind the bins at the next meet-up.

Poor little spongy lizard didn't hurt anyone.  Sad

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 St,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:56

Don't think Balla is a fan of the Planet Hoth either.

I've never done more than the one rampage as it felt a little bit much going on but reading that makes me think they're probably not too bad. In terms of progress with this I don't think I've played since I seen the credits, I'd mainly put it down to other games taking the attention, I will return and it'll probably consume me again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 13 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next