Where we remember the Battle of the Alarmo

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
EofGizmo
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Rum
Muss
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 19:05

neil wrote:
What do you lot think of the music in this game? I kind of like the catchy village tunes, and I really like the themes for each new monster. I don't find the songs stick in my head the way, say, New Horizons' music did. I'm not playing it as often as I did AC though.

I find myself humming the pieces that aren't from out in the field a fair bit. Kamura Village, the title screen theme, the 'hunt's over' theme... None of the monster themes so far have even registered.

That said, I've still not got very far (about to fight an Aknosom), and to be honest I'm struggling to continue. I tried switching over to the Dual Blades to inject a bit more excitement into proceedings, but that didn't work. It didn't help that the mission was to fight a Lagombi and I'd already killed two. I've never been a big fan of pure action games, as many here will know, and I can see myself dropping this soon. Still: I've played more on my tod than I thought I would, and than I daresay many here would have thought I would too!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 27 Apr 2021 - 13:01

I can't remember when you unlock switch skills, but there's one for the Duel blades that I use which has you zipping about the air in no time when you land an A button attack. That move is really good fun.

Lagombi is probably my least favourite monster. High HP, low damage, spends a lot of time sliding around outside of your range. Aknosom on the other hand is a top tier monster, with a unique design and oodles of personality.

You are heading towards a sweet spot now where the monsters start getting much more varied but aren't too much of a difficulty spike either.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 27 Apr 2021 - 19:55

Aye that demon flight switch skill is unlocked in 3 star village I think.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 19:10

Well, I've got a week off coming up, during which I'll either get into MHR properly or drop it. (Also on to-do list: finish Inside before it creeps me out forever and I never come back to it.)
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyWed 28 Apr 2021 - 20:46

Balladeer wrote:
Well, I've got a week off coming up, during which I'll either get into MHR properly or drop it.  (Also on to-do list: finish Inside before it creeps me out forever and I never come back to it.)

The more I play it, the more I like it. I'm still only about 12 hours in. Are you using join requests? I find that really makes it more fun.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyThu 29 Apr 2021 - 20:59

What are people's thoughts on the rampage quests? I just had my first one and it didn't seem as fun as the rest of the game.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyThu 29 Apr 2021 - 21:42

Rum wrote:
What are people's thoughts on the rampage quests? I just had my first one and it didn't seem as fun as the rest of the game.

I stopped playing last night just as I got asked to do my first one. What's wrong with them? I got the impression it's like a horde mode or something.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyThu 29 Apr 2021 - 22:42

Yeah, it is, but it's kind of Monster Hunter meets tower defence - you have to set up 'installations' in fixed positions and use them to fend off invading monsters. It's fine - it just doesn't feel as flexible and fast-paced because you have to set up weapons in specific spots.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 10:34

It's much better than the alternative they had in MH World, although that fight sucked Laughing

The rampages are alright. They're better with friends as you can work together to meet bonus objectives and use things like the dragonator at the right time. I've done a few solo and they're definitely less interesting, although possibly easier.

Even with friends, I still enjoy hunting far more but rampages offer a decent enough change of pace and there are only a couple of mandatory ones.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 12:28

Yep, I pretty much agree with everything Muss has said there.

I wasn't keen on them at all at first as it felt a bit like busy work and you never got the pay off of seeing how the Apex monsters actually fight as you are typically focused on setting up the installations etc but now? I like the change of pace it brings compared to normal hunts & I personally really enjoy the dopamine hit from seeing the big damage numbers once the counter signal goes off.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 13:01

I just tried it. Think I'm gonna need a YouTube tutorial for this Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 1f605
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyFri 30 Apr 2021 - 17:28

You can't go wrong with SDShepard's videos, I've been following his MH content since tri (that's like 10+ years Shocked ) and he always explains things very well.

Here's his rampage guide he put up the other week.

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySat 1 May 2021 - 17:53

Thanks Muss and Jas, maybe I'll warm to them once I've done a couple more. I might watch some of SDShepard's stuff but I feel like there's only so much MH knowledge that I can feasibly try and cram into my brain!

In other news: I forged a full Tetranodon getup and it's super bulky so you can't see my fashionable crop top (that for some reason is the default fashion choice to cover your torso). Maybe I'll change the equipment display settings so my belly button is always on show.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySat 1 May 2021 - 21:53

Rum wrote:
Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote
Thanks Muss and Jas, maybe I'll warm to them once I've done a couple more. I might watch some of SDShepard's stuff but I feel like there's only so much MH knowledge that I can feasibly try and cram into my brain!

No problem, it's probably more fun to figure things out on your own anyway so maybe only use his vids if you are really stuck on something?

Rum wrote:
In other news: I forged a full Tetranodon getup and it's super bulky so you can't see my fashionable crop top (that for some reason is the default fashion choice to cover your torso). Maybe I'll change the equipment display settings so my belly button is always on show.

Is that with the new layered armours options or just the normal armour? As I've seen some nice looking layered armour set ups from folk the last couple days.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 0:47

The normal armour makes me look like a scaly reptilian house but I could probably show off my midriff if I fiddled with the new layered armour options. (Read: highlight my crop top like a 90s popstar.)
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 8:27

The_Jaster wrote:
You can't go wrong with SDShepard's videos, I've been following his MH content since tri (that's like 10+ years  Shocked ) and he always explains things very well.

Here's his rampage guide he put up the other week.

Ah thanks!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 13:10

neil wrote:
The more I play it, the more I like it. I'm still only about 12 hours in. Are you using join requests? I find that really makes it more fun.

I'm not much of an online gamer at all, which is obviously really hurting me on this. I don't think you were around for the pre-release talk Neil: basically I was hoping to play it in local co-op with my partner, but a learning curve (shaped roughly like this: | ) put her off, so I've been playing single-player only. It's not the best way to play the franchise, I'm all too aware.

The rampages don't sound great either.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 14:25

Honestly, I’m not an online player either. But in this I always use join requests and randoms turn up to help. I don’t chat to anyone but it still makes the game more interesting. If you don’t have NSO I have a spare slot on my group, if you wanna try it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 16:32

That's very kind of you, but I think that (for all the use I get out of it) I'm already on GNamer's family plan!

Anyway I'm about to try an Aknosom.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyMon 3 May 2021 - 20:57

I haven't even touched online yet but I'm luckily still really enjoying it, just doing one or two hunts a day is working out well for me at the minute, I do think I'd enjoy it more playing with others but at least this way I can take it all at my own pace. I don't know if there was any real turning point but I would say I'm much more in to it once I got used to a weapon and the best ways to use it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 15:03

Finding the right weapon is important. There's such a diversity amongst them all and a lot of depth to them too.

Be interested to hear how Balla got on with Aknosom and if there are any monsters in particular that any of the newer hunters have enjoyed.

Baroth was a big one for me towards the early/midgame of MH:World.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 18:35

Yep, Aknosom was a really good design.  Converting a kasa-obake into a proper MonHun monster the way they did was really impressive, even if I didn't see the tongue-resemblance until looking it up!  Even the Izuchi didn't wear its origins on its sleeve so impressively.  (Also: was another bloody lizard.  I see there's a Great Wroggi coming up... Rolling Eyes )  

For me, MonHun lives and dies on its monsters being fun and fresh.  I think my problem is that I've been fighting each one multiple times to try and get the materials I need, so I'm going to stop doing that - which does mean that I'll have haphazard armour sets until the Meowcenaries pull their weight.  The other thing is that I never have an awful lot of time to appreciate the designs when I'm busy trying not to get slaughtered.  

Anyway, my next task is a Khezu.  I'm familiar with them from Stories.  They're funny.

Post-Hunt Edit: SCREW THE KHEZU AND THE HORSE IT RODE IN ON Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 22:22

Oh dear! What got you with the Khezu in the end? I can't fully remember what's available skill-wise where you are in the game but two skills that might help with Khezu are stun resistance and earplugs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 22:31

Oh I did actually beat it, it just ran off about four times during the combat.  When it wasn't roaring me to a standstill, of course. Not fun.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 23:05

ah nice job then & yeh I bloody hate when a monster decides to constantly run from area to area as well. Also you are now officially better than a Dark souls speed runner who actually failed the Khezu Village quest. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS   Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Rise - I'LL TELL YOU WHAT'S RISING LADS
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next