Not even JayMoyles' edge is worth this much

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Gaming News Threead

Go down 
+3
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jul 2024 - 18:48

I mean, the more encouragement to post here the better!

But yes, move along, nothing to see here.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2024 - 21:47

The reports of the Switch becoming Nintendo’s longest running and non-replaced home console last week are decently postworthy.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/07/12/nintendo-switch-longest-running-nintendo-home-console-ever-21214442/

This is an instance where I can totally advocate for a console living a longer lifespan. Whereas the GameCube always seemed destined to struggle without online connectivity and with the quick disappearance of third-party support, whereas the Wii lost popularity as it became underpowered in changing HDMI times and failed to maintain the interest of the demographic it initially attracted, and whereas the Wii U failed because it was actually a bit rubbish, the Switch is just pure quality that has delivered year-on-year-on-year. It’s firmly positioned as one of the best consoles ever – maybe the best console ever? – and it'll absolutely go down in history for all sorts of reasons, surely as the best-selling console of all time anyway.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jul 2024 - 22:53

And I have skipped it this generation Laughing

Do we think it will see some price cuts and/or games getting cheaper next year? I want to leave my Xbox at some point and return to Nintendo only but unsure if I should play catch up with Switch, or join the Switch 2 at the start.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Jul 2024 - 13:11

Price cuts? Who knows with Nintendo.
I think the nature of Switch 2's backwards compatability will be the answer here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2024 - 12:50

Much like the Wiill U remember me thread, be talk about the Switch and thoughts around it when it comes to the time of Switch 2 and look back on the Switch.

I'm not sure Switch will pass the DS and PS2, as 14m - 20m more is a lot. Though could see Nintendo positioning the Switch especially the Lite as this cheap alterative, much like late 3DS family and PS2, that could see it get over the line.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2024 - 21:06

gjones wrote:
And I have skipped it this generation Laughing

Being on board with the Wii U and then skipping the Switch is... something. I'm not sure quite what, but it's something!

I don't think the Switch will outsell the PS2 either. But looking back on it from the end of its generation, it'll easily be the best machine I've played. Probably the best Nintendo generation I've played too. And all this for an idea I didn't care for with low power, fragile controllers, and a terrible storefront. Nintendo you crazy japesters.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024 - 22:09

I think it’ll manage to surpass with DS and PS2’s sales with a few strategies. The availability and public awareness/interest in it will largely address that. There’ll always be a lot of folk asking for a Switch for their Christmas or birthday and there’ll always be folk wanting the latest Mario Kart, Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Party and so on. Price drops for the hardware and first-party software is the obvious place to go next, to position it as the lower-cost alternative. To sell more systems maybe they could also launch the Switch into underdeveloped countries, like Burkina Faso, Afghanistan, and Wales.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2024 - 4:40

I'm not familiar with how much consoles tend to keep selling after a successor comes out. I know Nintendo machines do often have a long tail, so it's a maybe.

PS2 will always be an outlier because it was also bought as a DVD player by a lot of folks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024 - 19:30

That's how the PS2 did so well at the end, as here I'm sure it was £99, and it got releases in places in the Middle East where it continued to thrive and in turn why PS5 successful worldwide.

I feel the N64, Cube and Wii U were killed almost right a way, though Switch feels like it be more how the handhelds treated.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Jul 2024 - 21:51

So, release the Switch for £20 in the Middle East at a loss, purely to outsell the PS2 and spite Sony? Sounds like a plan. I'm sure Gamestop Abu Dhabi will lap that up, and we can read all about how the Mushroom Kingdom puts immigrant Toads to backbreaking work making skyscrapers for Princess Peach's coterie in the one true source of news, the Kirby's Rumour Buffet thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Gaming News Threead   General Gaming News Threead - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Gaming News Threead
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2